Thread: Fury BFA Beta

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because fury is played by gods so they think even with the changes it will still be best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    maybe they dont want unstoppable wrecking balls in pvp anymore. maybe you have to use your cds with some thought instead of "pop them on cd and wreck 1-2 people then get mobbed"

- - - Updated - - -

what problems specifically? the problems it has is the insane number of damage modifying CD talents, frontloading of damage (from the cd stacking) and lackluster performance outside of that CD window. I think tuning the damage numbers outside of the burst window will fix the problems that were present in legion but solved by CD stacking. CD stacking wasnt a very interesting way to play to begin with. I literally have ALL of my CDs in a single macro, including racial, trinket and shadow damage ring. Its not engaging play for those items and abilities, i use them on cooldown together pretty much every time because otherwise i'd have 7 buttons to push to make my damage meaningful before actual using my damaging abilities. Blizz needs to shift fury AWAY from major CD usage to be competitive and just make CD usage meaningful (burst windows on bosses, etc) and FUN. It should be fun to use my major cds, not rotational.
    I bet my left nut, we still gonna be CD stacking.
    And then its gonna be even less fun. Yolo

10+ Year Old Account
    so what i said but laid out more fully. and these are issues from legion that were bandaided with our artifact and cd stacking. fury has been designed poorly since before legion, and we are just now seeing that poor design again because the bandaids are being ripped off. we dont need to have all of our cds off the gcd, we need to be tuned better outside of burst windows.
    Not really, you were talking about damage tuning being a problem with the spec and CDs being fine now that they can't be macroed into one button anymore. CD stacking will still be a thing, you just won't be activating them all within the same exact time anymore. Avatar will just continue to be used prior to BC and with Bloodbath's new design, it will be used inside of BC.

Outside of cooldowns, Fury's design is mostly fine, it's just that we're losing the other complete half of our design: our artifact. After yesterday's build it's looking like Blizzard may be going towards the route of using Azerite traits to help with these flaws in BfA's design, but unfortunately it's most likely not going to be enough.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-05-16 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Gibsters View Post
    Because fury is played by gods so they think even with the changes it will still be best
    Nice try

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You'd have to be insane to think Fury is fine right now.

A spec that does 90% of it's damage inside stacking 3-4 cooldowns - how do you think it was hit by the GCD changes?

They've done nothing to address moving our damage outside those Cooldowns. Nothing.

Adding 20 rage to Avatar and 500dmg to Bloodbath are not "fixes".
    I don't think fury is fine at all it's clearly butchered in BfA currently but i'd like to point out a few things. First of all fury in BfA only has 2 cooldowns which is recklessness and avatar. You shouldn't be picking bloothbath in the first place, literally bloothbath is only used right now on live because of the current tier. It was not worth using for 80% of the expansion and will not be worth using after the current tier. So the cooldown issue really is not a big deal at all being are being very dramatic about it. Second of all in BfA 90% of your damage does not come from stacking cooldowns, in fact the vast majority of your damage comes from auto attacks so even if fury did have cooldown issues which it does not, then it still wouldn't be a big deal.
    This is subject to change in the next month or so before pre patch of course but this is blizzard so very unlikely.

Most damage comes from auto attacks? Well if that doesn't sound like the pinnacle of game play then I don't know what would.

Yeah i'm not sure why auto attacks are weighed so heavily in BfA right now, it's the case for a lot of classes, even dagger rogues have very high auto attack damage. Fury is the strongest case though for obvious reasons. Personally i think auto attack should be a decent chunk of your damage, especially for classes like rogues and warriors it just makes sense and i don't see any problems with it. It shouldn't be this high though, not your main source of damage. I'm sure it will be adjusted in time.

Doesnt Arms always come out of the gate with balls blazin' then Fury catches up once 'heroic' gear drops? it has for me anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Doesnt Arms always come out of the gate with balls blazin' then Fury catches up once 'heroic' gear drops? it has for me anyway.
    Again, damage is not the problem.

Seeing as how they haven't changed anything with recent builds yet, i'm guessing they are scrambling behind scenes to create something that works with the current changes and having some problems. Well, no shit. They wanted to create this "class fantasy" which was just fine in legion, and now can't figure out how to recreate it.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-05-17 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    I don't think fury is fine at all it's clearly butchered in BfA currently but i'd like to point out a few things. First of all fury in BfA only has 2 cooldowns which is recklessness and avatar. You shouldn't be picking bloothbath in the first place, literally bloothbath is only used right now on live because of the current tier. It was not worth using for 80% of the expansion and will not be worth using after the current tier. So the cooldown issue really is not a big deal at all being are being very dramatic about it. Second of all in BfA 90% of your damage does not come from stacking cooldowns, in fact the vast majority of your damage comes from auto attacks so even if fury did have cooldown issues which it does not, then it still wouldn't be a big deal.
    This is subject to change in the next month or so before pre patch of course but this is blizzard so very unlikely.
    If a talent is so bad that it is never worth picking, the talent needs changing. Maybe make it replace Recklessness and increase its duration so that it's an option to deal more sustained damage?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If a talent is so bad that it is never worth picking, the talent needs changing. Maybe make it replace Recklessness and increase its duration so that it's an option to deal more sustained damage?
    Of course i agree, in an ideal world all of the useless and subpar talents would be replaced and changed for something better, we have quite a few and every other class/spec does too. I'm just talking realistically with what we currently have to deal with as far as talents go bloodbath is for the most part inferior to inner rage.

Of course i agree, in an ideal world all of the useless and subpar talents would be replaced and changed for something better, we have quite a few and every other class/spec does too. I'm just talking realistically with what we currently have to deal with as far as talents go bloodbath is for the most part inferior to inner rage.
    Sure, but it's not out of the realms of possibility that an azerite bonus leaves bloodbath once again preferred to IR. BB's problems do merit discussion even if it isn't currently favoured.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Not really, you were talking about damage tuning being a problem with the spec and CDs being fine now that they can't be macroed into one button anymore. CD stacking will still be a thing, you just won't be activating them all within the same exact time anymore. Avatar will just continue to be used prior to BC and with Bloodbath's new design, it will be used inside of BC.

Outside of cooldowns, Fury's design is mostly fine, it's just that we're losing the other complete half of our design: our artifact. After yesterday's build it's looking like Blizzard may be going towards the route of using Azerite traits to help with these flaws in BfA's design, but unfortunately it's most likely not going to be enough.
    "half our build" was a bandaid fix for bad design during wod and bad base class design in legion. Stacking cds was a response to that bad design as well. "do as much damage as you can in this 7 seconds" became the paradigm when really not stacking cds is actually ok with me. they just need to fix everything outside of that window to make the spec good again. look at the changes to ret. they were in a similar boat with us during legion, do as much damage during judgement, but now thats not the case and the spec is WAY better.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    "half our build" was a bandaid fix for bad design during wod and bad base class design in legion. Stacking cds was a response to that bad design as well. "do as much damage as you can in this 7 seconds" became the paradigm when really not stacking cds is actually ok with me. they just need to fix everything outside of that window to make the spec good again. look at the changes to ret. they were in a similar boat with us during legion, do as much damage during judgement, but now thats not the case and the spec is WAY better.
    How is the entire artifact system a bandaid fix to bad design from WoD's iteration? The spec was completely changed in Legion and the design revolved around having said artifact.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-05-18 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    With the buff to autohits they bring back from wotlk cata, fury feels really great also arms feels better than legion and wod warrior.
    Fury works now more with Blizzard spec fantasy than in legion. Main and offhand white hit damage is higher than bt and rb. That feels good for me.

Also arms white hits do nearly 50% ms damage is great.

Sry for all mop cata wod warrior's but every old school warrior must like this rework. Back in bc with a ms and a swordproc, if all 3 crits the arena was over

For me the best change for fury would be if only bt and execute stay from old spec. The rest of the rotation are buffs for the autohits with a short gcd about 0.5 seconds and a CD between 3 and 10 seconds. One could bring a ms, one could bring a stacking bleed for 40% of the autohit damage (ticks for 6 seconds and the ability has 5 seconds CD so you have to refresh it always in the perfect moment to stack) , one could make them ae one could increase the autohit range to 15, one could increase the damage of the offhand for x seconds. And a lot of other options.

And every ability could proc that the cd is reset. The mastery could be that the chance for a reset is increased
    Last edited by mmoc4c7c183171; 2018-05-18 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liondi View Post
    With the buff to autohits they bring back from wotlk cata, fury feels really great also arms feels better than legion and wod warrior.
    Fury works now more with Blizzard spec fantasy than in legion. Main and offhand white hit damage is higher than bt and rb. That feels good for me.

Also arms white hits do nearly 50% ms damage is great.

Sry for all mop cata wod warrior's but every old school warrior must like this rework. Back in bc with a ms and a swordproc, if all 3 crits the arena was over

For me the best change for fury would be if only bt and execute stay from old spec. The rest of the rotation are buffs for the autohits with a short gcd about 0.5 seconds and a CD between 3 and 10 seconds. One could bring a ms, one could bring a stacking bleed for 40% of the autohit damage (ticks for 6 seconds and the ability has 5 seconds CD so you have to refresh it always in the perfect moment to stack) , one could make them ae one could increase the autohit range to 15, one could increase the damage of the offhand for x seconds. And a lot of other options.

And every ability could proc that the cd is reset. The mastery could be that the chance for a reset is increased
    Im back from 2004. I agree 100% with this post.

I'm happy if bloodbath sucks, since it means one less cooldown to juggle and more importantly means I can use Inner Rage, the way the spec is meant to be played.

And hopefully auto-attack damage being too high is just tuning shenanigans.

I've hated fury ever since TG, especially since they felt the need to butcher arms.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like the changes on the new build for Fury. Looks like a real spec now and not an old 2 minute Mage in plate.

Not taking extra damage during Enrage and having Victory Rush will be nice, too.