Poll: How should the mage skin be obtainable?

Idea: Mage achieve for unused skin

There has been a mage artifact skin that has been entirely unused since Legion launch. I think it's a shame to waste such a precious model. I was thinking mages could do an overall mage achieve to earn it and it would be something cool just for them. Alternatively it could be something like green fire warlock quest chain but I figure an achievement like Awake the Drakes is less dev time. Can go either way I just want it to be obtainable!

Grand Magus (meta achievement):
    - Exalted with Violet Eye
    - Exalted with Kirin Tor
    - Obtain all mage artifact skins (Not including challenge to be fair to newcomers)
    - Complete the mage campaign and obtain all mage champions
    - Obtain Dalaran's Initiate pin (keeping in theme with the Dalaran symbol on the weapon)

Are there other unused artifact skins? I've never seen this one before.

It should be the reward for beating all 3 mage tower challenges on mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    They'd have announced this long ago if they wanted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Are there other unused artifact skins? I've never seen this one before.
    This is the only one interestingly enough! It was speculated by some that there would be 7th skins for everyone on Argus since mages had 7 but that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I would agree if it wasn't challenge skins being unobtainable in a couple weeks. It would seem a bit unfair to someone who would have wanted this specific skin but no forewarning that it would be behind getting all three challenge skins. If it was when challenge skins or even 7.3 or 7.3.5 came out I would have been 100% with this idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    This is the only one interestingly enough! It was speculated by some that there would be 7th skins for everyone on Argus since mages had 7 but that never happened.
    I logged in on my mage and looked, and there it is. I don't play Arcane, I play Frost (only) and you have to be in Arcane spec to see it. Wierd.

I wonder if it is supposed to be Woolmancer in that position? If so, I'd much rather have [Fucking Awesome Kirin Tor Staff] than [Woolmancer's Charge].

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I logged in on my mage and looked, and there it is. I don't play Arcane, I play Frost (only) and you have to be in Arcane spec to see it. Wierd.

I wonder if it is supposed to be Woolmancer in that position? If so, I'd much rather have [Fucking Awesome Kirin Tor Staff] than [Woolmancer's Charge].
    It's there instead of the sheep. Makes me believe this was the original HAA but they changed it. Someone blue post this on the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    It's there instead of the sheep. Makes me believe this was the original HAA but they changed it. Someone blue post this on the forums!
    I just posted in the General forums! Here's hoping for a blue.

That looks really cool.

I always wonder why they leave so many unused skins that are clearly player-ready on the shelf. They did actually implement a few - the broken shore DK and Paladin armaments. But there are so many others throughout the years - even tier recolors that have been made just no way to get them.

What I don't like is that it's so short.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    What I don't like is that it's so short.
    Was designed for Gnome/Goblin casters.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.