Thread: boomie in bfa

boomie in bfa

im thinking about rerolling from warlock to boomie for bfa, but everyone im speaking to is so bummed about it... its kinda putting me off

and now i see the new beta build with a 15% nerf and people already saying the dmg is low

That's not a nerf, just a reiteration of dmg reduction from some old build.

Well, tbh, in the few dungeons I did at 110, I was first in both AoE and ST versus a warrior and a frost mage, so entirely terrible they can't be I think. Although that is entirely anecdotal of course.

Tuning passes aren't over, making decisions on what deals the most DMG is useless until a few weeks are left, really. Mechanical changes are more important right now. And from what I've heard, Warlock (demo at least) is a lot better than it was in Legion, whereas Boomie is TRASH.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    im thinking about rerolling from warlock to boomie for bfa, but everyone im speaking to is so bummed about it... its kinda putting me off

and now i see the new beta build with a 15% nerf and people already saying the dmg is low

Its not in green so its not a change, that is from prior patches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helkor View Post
    Well, tbh, in the few dungeons I did at 110, I was first in both AoE and ST versus a warrior and a frost mage, so entirely terrible they can't be I think. Although that is entirely anecdotal of course.
    The problem isnt numbers atm, its that the specc is boring to play.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stay warlock my friend, Demo is shaping up to be one of the top specs in Pve for bfa and recent blue posts indicate that they are working on the affliction side of things as we speak, things are looking good for locks.
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Its not in green so its not a change, that is from prior patches
    Oh I realize that, but I was just refering to the part about boomkin being nerfed and dmg being low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post

Well you first mistake was listening to what everyone who probably doesn't know what their talking about. Boomie beta damage is fine at the moment, a little on the stronger side.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Well you first mistake was listening to what everyone who probably doesn't know what their talking about. Boomie beta damage is fine at the moment, a little on the stronger side.
    His final mistake would be listening to anything you have to say.

I don't understand why you even bother anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pointless talking about damage until they do some final tuning passes. Which, knowing Blizzard, won't even be until the end of the first raid tier after launch lol

Gameplay wise, Balance is......I guess more or less the same, but you may or may not have the Moon spells as it's a talent. AP generation feels slow as a result and it's really boring imo. I was never a huge fan of ST boomie anyway but it feels particularly bad right now. AoE is also just slower and kinda bland without MoonMoon (you have to choose between it or Shooting Stars).

So it's kind of wait-and-see. If you like how Boomkin plays on live it's just a slower version of that which will hopefully get faster as you get better gear and azerite traits.

Imagine Balance without all the Artifact traits and legendaries that made the spec actually fun to play. That's what Balance currently is on beta.

Don't worry though. Azerite armor will totally fix it.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It's pointless talking about damage until they do some final tuning passes. Which, knowing Blizzard, won't even be until the end of the first raid tier after launch lol

Gameplay wise, Balance is......I guess more or less the same, but you may or may not have the Moon spells as it's a talent. AP generation feels slow as a result and it's really boring imo. I was never a huge fan of ST boomie anyway but it feels particularly bad right now. AoE is also just slower and kinda bland without MoonMoon (you have to choose between it or Shooting Stars).

So it's kind of wait-and-see. If you like how Boomkin plays on live it's just a slower version of that which will hopefully get faster as you get better gear and azerite traits.

its the wait and see attitude that has plagued us with problem after problem patch after patch.
    this community really needs to speak up and get active instead of waiting and seeing

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I'd have to agree. In the dungeon runs I've done my damage isn't bad I dont that feel like I can't keep up. On alot of bosses I've actually been top damage. I just think the scaling on open world mobs is off which why we feel weak as hell.

Deleted
    there is no point in talking about dmg its not tuned at all currently

If it helps, apparently, there was a post by a Dev about a lot of changes to the talents,spells,rotation of Balance Druid. MMO hasn't posted it yet but it is up on the front page of Icyveins. It's actually got me hopeful for the spec. Also, the first balance pass is coming May 22nd on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmune View Post
    If it helps, apparently, there was a post by a Dev about a lot of changes to the talents,spells,rotation of Balance Druid. MMO hasn't posted it yet but it is up on the front page of Icyveins. It's actually got me hopeful for the spec. Also, the first balance pass is coming May 22nd on beta.
    It definitely helps, though we're going to have to wait for it to actually go live on beta to really evaluate it, since a lot of the issues are about how the spec feels.

From what Seph told us, it's actually a fairly significant rework. Kinda surprising that it is coming at all.

For reference the recent post about Balance changes in BfA can be found at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=16#post-307

Overall there's a lot of good quality changes there, they address the fact that we need some more reactionary elements to the rotation as well as the fact that some of the talents are in dire need of reworking (in particular Starlord, Stellar Flare and Nature's Balance getting some rather noticeable changes).

It's certainly swayed me from rerolling in the expansion, prior to this things were looking pretty horrid.

The new QA stuff for balance does go a long way in the right direction. With the moon spells gimped and the removal of the artifact the single target builds were just dull. They worked but they were pretty boring. Adding some more reactive stuff standardizing the small AOE range and the other changes all seem to be moves that should do what they want and help make the spec feel a bit more interesting. I will give it a twirl and during the prepatch stuff will probably wind up coin flipping between druid and warlock.