Thread: RIP Ignore Pain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Haven't gotten to test this yet.

IP on beta is pretty tame. Consequetive uses do stack, but only up to 1.3 times the amount of a single use. Can easily waste rage dumping into it if the previous absorb hasnt disapated enough.
    Crazyhoof of Moon Guard

Quote Originally Posted by kamero View Post
    IP on beta is pretty tame. Consequetive uses do stack, but only up to 1.3 times the amount of a single use. Can easily waste rage dumping into it if the previous absorb hasnt disapated enough.
    From lots of discussion in the skyhold discord, we've came to the conclusion that IP is just that extra mitigation to hit if you have the rage. Considering we have very low rage generation, IP is on the back end unless you know you're going to take magic damage. It'll always be SB and Bolster over IP and after that you are spent and need to worry about building up rage again and by that time Bolster and SB wore off.

We have to realize IP isn't the dump as much rage as you can (more or less)button anymore.

Never liked IP in terms of class fantasy. I prefere to be a block/parry machine instead of absorbing dmg though my magical bubble...

Quote Originally Posted by Nakur View Post
    Never liked IP in terms of class fantasy. I prefere to be a block/parry machine instead of absorbing dmg though my magical bubble...
    Every tank has some sort of heal or absorb, its just how Blizz makes them as mobs hit harder. I think the major problem is Blizz never wanted or thought people would spam a bubble as a mitigation like warrior do now. People exploit the IP and then they complain that its on a GCD... So now its back to spammable (with rage fix now) but lesser power and reworked Bolster to armor. People are still going to complain as they are used to the powerful adaptation of IP. I think with a more tweaks to revenge and devastate it will be fine, esp now since all tanks will gain less aggro on multi-mobs. Some of the tanks are boring but all do the job.

As far as class fantasy, it fits - a warrior just roars in as a meat shield and Conans everything without worrying about dying or pain.

Blizz should just give up on talent trees at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Every tank has some sort of heal or absorb, its just how Blizz makes them as mobs hit harder. I think the major problem is Blizz never wanted or thought people would spam a bubble as a mitigation like warrior do now. People exploit the IP and then they complain that its on a GCD... So now its back to spammable (with rage fix now) but lesser power and reworked Bolster to armor. People are still going to complain as they are used to the powerful adaptation of IP. I think with a more tweaks to revenge and devastate it will be fine, esp now since all tanks will gain less aggro on multi-mobs. Some of the tanks are boring but all do the job.

As far as class fantasy, it fits - a warrior just roars in as a meat shield and Conans everything without worrying about dying or pain.

Uhh no IP is not and never was exploited, we use it exactly how they intended it to. If that were true, vegence weaving would of never been a option in our talent tree, there is specially a talent for spamming ip and the fact you can stack IP damage absorb absolutely gives away that it was intended to be spammed. That's not even debatable. I mean seriously thats no way we would be able to do a mythic plus 5 if we couldnt spam it. So idk what youre talking about there.

I think people are being to extreme with class fantasy. Come on, it's a video game, plus it's there own interpretation of a warrior. It's not even that bad, the description of the ability totally fits the fantasy.
    Last edited by Scornedfury; 2018-05-29 at 08:19 PM.

How were people exploiting IP?

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    How were people exploiting IP?
    Well not necessary exploiting when you can push it like spirit bomb I suppose.... People were/are using it as their main mitigation over SB, thats not the intention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Uhh no IP is not and never was exploited, we use it exactly how they intended it to. If that were true, vegence weaving would of never been a option in our talent tree, there is specially a talent for spamming ip and the fact you can stack IP damage absorb absolutely gives away that it was intended to be spammed. That's not even debatable. I mean seriously thats no way we would be able to do a mythic plus 5 if we couldnt spam it. So idk what youre talking about there.

I think people are being to extreme with class fantasy. Come on, it's a video game, plus it's there own interpretation of a warrior. It's not even that bad, the description of the ability totally fits the fantasy.
    Well i dont think, at least I wouldnt assume blizz INTENDED it to be spammed, but I could be mistaken because IP is really really powerful next to Spirit Bomb - I mean a constant bubble is pretty powerful, but if BLIZZ intended the spam then okay you got me.
    Last edited by kran1um; 2018-05-30 at 04:28 PM.

Well not necessary exploiting when you can push it like spirit bomb I suppose.... People were/are using it as their main mitigation over SB, thats not the intention.

- - - Updated - - -

Well i dont think, at least I wouldnt assume blizz INTENDED it to be spammed, but I could be mistaken because IP is really really powerful next to Spirit Bomb - I mean a constant bubble is pretty powerful, but if BLIZZ intended the spam then okay you got me.
    So people weren't exploiting IP then. Got it. You don't really need to sensationalize it. lol

Deleted
    People were/are using it as their main mitigation over SB
    Now that's a bullshit...

In no scenario except magical damage is IP better than SB..

Anyone that use IP over SB is playing prot warrior completly wrong

IP is a mere excess rage dump in form of a bonus mitigation

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Now that's a bullshit...

In no scenario except magical damage is IP better than SB..

Anyone that use IP over SB is playing prot warrior completly wrong

IP is a mere excess rage dump in form of a bonus mitigation
    I think to be fair, it's priority is much higher now since SB 100% uptime is not really the feasible goal anymore and now we have ridiclous rage generation due to T21. That being said anyone using IP over SB has no idea how prot war are mitigating there damage.