Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except we did potentially because we altered that future unless you're suggesting somehow that Deathwing is coming back and impaling himself on Wyrmrest. Since we did change the future, there's no saying if Murozond still exists in the future(could be Chromie now). Much less there's no saying that the Infinite Dragons themselves got some immunity from being erased from time due to what they are.
    If we altered that future, then we prevented Murozond's death. And we couldn't have stopped the Infinite dragonflight from existing, because it would in turn impact the past because of their dabbling there.

Or at least I'm assuming. All of these paradoxes can get very complicated and confusing, and Blizzard isn't all that big on managing their story as it is under normal circumstances. It's still fun to theorize about, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    We had to go to the End Time because Murozond was blocking Nozdormu from sending us into the past. And the Hourglass had no power over him, that's how we defeat him actually. Our HP, mana, cooldowns were all reset but his didn't, since he was outside the flow of time.
    Wait, that's right. My bad. Murozond was certainly weaker than any aspect should be, though. There's no way Murozond could have had the powers of an aspect and be killed off in a casual 5 man dungeon. Then again, this is Blizzard and Cataclysm we're talking about. I stand by what I'm saying, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Were they ever real problem ? Most of their apperances end in "I will get you next time he-maaaan !".
    If their method of time travel works as I understand it to, then if they were ever to succeed in any of their endeavours. then our present would cease to exist, so we couldn't be sent to stop them, so by definition if we are ever sent to fight them, they can't succeed.
    Also to some extent the same could be said of any enemy in WoW, could it not? The only difference is that we can't find their leaders to stop them doing it over and over again, and they're not stupid enough to send their leaders to the front line.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    If we altered that future, then we prevented Murozond's death. And we couldn't have stopped the Infinite dragonflight from existing, because it would in turn impact the past because of their dabbling there.

Or at least I'm assuming. All of these paradoxes can get very complicated and confusing, and Blizzard isn't all that big on managing their story as it is under normal circumstances. It's still fun to theorize about, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, that's right. My bad. Murozond was certainly weaker than any aspect should be, though. There's no way Murozond could have had the powers of an aspect and be killed off in a casual 5 man dungeon. Then again, this is Blizzard and Cataclysm we're talking about. I stand by what I'm saying, though.
    A lot of Murzond's existence revolved around the End Time which we averted.

Also, Ysera was killed in a quest line. Point invalid about 5 man.

A lot of Murzond's existence revolved around the End Time which we averted.

Also, Ysera was killed in a quest line. Point invalid about 5 man.
    You totally missed (or ignored) what I said so I'll say it again.

It would make no sense if Nozdormu was killed in a 5 man dungeon if he still had his aspect powers.

When Ysera was killed in Legion, there was no question that she no longer had those powers herself; and it took the player, Tyrande, and the entire temple to bring her down. It is on par with the above.

To reiterate, Nozdormu being killed without his aspect powers would make sense in a 5 man dungeon... in a sense. Why it would not make sense, is if he still possessed aspect powers during that encounter. If he for sure did, then that's just bad storywriting on Blizzard's part, but that's nothing new; they could easily retcon it at this point, however, since it was never blatantly confirmed to begin with.

One way or another, it's fact that the infinite dragonflight's existence is not revolving solely around Nozdormu; he was just their given leader. The first time the dragonflight was referenced chronologically outside of this time travel nonsense was in WoD, and the goal behind that was very different from Nozdormu's inexplicable fear of death, and completely unrelated to Deathwing in any way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Yea that's because our Nozdormu's ''campaign'' didn't yet finish, it will climax when he ends up in Dragonblight as Murozond and die during the End Time from the past adventurers
    Or... will it? We prevented the End Time by killing Deathwing. That means that everything done within that dungeon... didn't exist, for that future does not exist anymore.

Essentially, it doesn't matter that we killed Muruzond, as we did so in End Time. Without the End Time happening, Muruzond could not have been there, and neither could we.

Deleted
    So the Bronze dragonflight will be corrupted by the old gods in this expansion and starts to time travel into previous expansions, and eventually gets stopped by us in the End Time, aka cataclysm expansion?

We have the end, but not the beginning of the puzzle. All we know is that the Bronze dragonflight and all its members are destined to die or be corrupted by void into infinite dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except we did potentially because we altered that future unless you're suggesting somehow that Deathwing is coming back and impaling himself on Wyrmrest. Since we did change the future, there's no saying if Murozond still exists in the future(could be Chromie now). Much less there's no saying that the Infinite Dragons themselves got some immunity from being erased from time due to what they are.
    You have the causality backwards. Murozond didn't come about because of the Hour of Twilight and DW impaling himself. That timeway was what Murozond was working toward to prevent a greater catastrophe. Just because he was hiding there doesn't mean that's where/when he originated.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That timeline has been avoided.

As soon as we killed deathwing, we drained the power from the aspects (or the power was drained). They are no longer capable of doing their super magic stuff. Since Nozdormu cannot do his stuff, he cannot transform into Murozond.
    The Aspects losing their powers doesn't mean the dragons have no powers at all. The Bronzes can still travel through time, they just don't have the perfect vision of the timeways like they used to.
    “We once knew the timeways inside and out,” [Chromie] began. “We could see the past and the future with perfect clarity. Our flight’s charge, from the moment Nozdormu became our Aspect, was to protect the sanctity of the timeline. And we were given vast power to do this. Now . . . things aren’t quite so clear. We can still travel the timeways, but we don’t have that perfect knowledge anymore. That’s why we’ve enlisted mortals to help us keep the timeline safe. But there have been some mutterings. Some of us think that perhaps we should use what skills we have left to manipulate the timeways. Alter the past, change the future to something better.”
    --War Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Wasn't Kairoz (and some others as well) kinda the catalyst and the start of the creation of the infinite dragonflight?
    No. Kairoz buys into the futzing with time to make things better like the Infinites do, but Kairoz was doing his own thing.
    Originally Posted by Micky Neilson
    The Infinite Dragonflight reappearing. As far as everyone was aware, the Hour of Twilight didn't happen, Nozdormu beat evil Nozdormu, and we thought that storyline had ended. But this apparently means it hasn't? Can you go into that or is this something that is super-duper top secret?
    Well, I can speak to the story side of things. I can't speak to the game design part of it. But I can talk about the fact that with Kairoz, for instance, he's still a believer in what the Infinite Dragonflight was even if it's not around. He still has his own viewpoints—and Christie, you can feel to jump in as well—but it's really about Kairoz's viewpoint more so than the Infinite Dragonflight itself or anything with Nozdormu. (Source)

Whatever is going to happen it is so bad that Nozdomu goesn't made and the Infinite Dragons make an effort across time to prevent somethings from coming to pass in an effort to prevent whatever it is, that is still in our future, from happening. Be that the coming of the Void, The coming of the Light, or the birth of Azeroth herself.

Lets look at what the Infinite Dragon flight was doing, or seemed to be doing:

Black Morass: They attempt to prevent the crossing over of the Orcs to Azeroth.
    Thrall: They attempt to prevent Thrall from escaping to create the New Horde
    Arthas: They attempt to kill Prince Arthas before he can become the Lich King...and before he can end the Kingdom of Lordaeron.
    Some show up in the Nighthold.

While the idea seems to be Old God madness, most of these outcomes lead to the potential of the Burning Legion winning, or the other possibility is that it delays the coming of the Burning Legion, causing it to have to come up with a new plan. Originally we think the idea is to either prevent the Burning Legion from coming, allowing the Burning Legion an easy victory (no united Azeroth), Allow the Old Gods to do what they please (no united Azeroth to get into their planes).

But what was the Infinite Dragonflight's goal? They at trying to prevent a worse future from happening. The Hour of Twilight was considered better than what actually happens. What if the defeat of the Burning Legion and the Old Gods is what is seen as worse? The future of a Azeroth chained by the Light of the Naaru maybe? An insane Titan Azeroth after all the shit we put her through? Would those be worse that just the end of everything on Azeroth?

I hope we get a Nozdormu death storyline. that would be cool