Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Guys. It's probably not a bug. Not saying certainly not a bug, just thinking about it aloud, but hear me out:

The wording for the achievement is: "Complete the Kul Tiras and Zandalari achievements listed below". This can perhaps apply to just the Explorer, but I think if I were them I'd say "or", or use a different wording.

The number of achievements is just five, removing two leaves three, this seems very small. They'd likely pad with some other achievements if they were to remove two existing ones.

The logic for requiring achievements from both the Horde max-level and the Alliance max-level is this: "Since you are getting increased mount speed and then flight in BOTH Kul Tiras and Zandalar, you have to experience them both, and if that requires two separate characters, well, so be it."

And they keep silent about the achievement while being asked continually. Perhaps because they didn't realize that this new requirement is not going to be received well.

So, yeah. I'd like the official statement, but I am getting the feeling that two chars are the new requirement. (And yes, this is terrible. What's next - the requirement to complete all mythic instances on 15+? Have a max-level of each allied race?)

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The backlash would be massive if this goes live, they will fix or revert it one way or another.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

but but we want you guys to experience the content!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated pathfinder on Legion and I'm not very happy with the BFA either, specially if this isn't a bug. At least in WoD you could bypass a lot of the annoying farming with stuff like medallions of the legion, but now a lot of it is time/faction/rng gated and its annoying, specially if you took breaks between patches.

I really think that they're taking flying way too seriously. I agree that it shouldn't be as easy as just buying it, but maybe something like exploring all zones + all quest lines + all dungeons should be enough.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you whining for the sake of whining (surprise, surprise). Achievements/rewards that have ANY impact on gameplay will always be doable on single character. More than that, Blizzard want you to focus on main char, at least for first months of the expansion - any major alt catch up always comes later.

Of course in BfA Blizzard should (and will) give us reasons to explore other faction content. But it will be all about cosmetics - just like in Legion, where playing other classes was necessary for some toys, mounts, pets, transmog. It will be even more important in BfA, because faction exclusive stuff is even bigger, even if we put together content for all 11 "alt" classes.

Deleted
    Faction: Alliance
    I spend 90%+ of time on one toon. Currently 0% though
    How Many Alts: 6?
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): 0

In my opinion they can pile up as much hoops and gimmicks for pathfinder as they like. Loremaster both factions, do a +15, pay 1M gold, dance naked on mailbox.
    It would be fine.

But none of that "Part II unlocks flight at an unknown later time" stuff. That is a deal-breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    I hated pathfinder on Legion and I'm not very happy with the BFA either, specially if this isn't a bug. At least in WoD you could bypass a lot of the annoying farming with stuff like medallions of the legion, but now a lot of it is time/faction/rng gated and its annoying, specially if you took breaks between patches.

I really think that they're taking flying way too seriously. I agree that it shouldn't be as easy as just buying it, but maybe something like exploring all zones + all quest lines + all dungeons should be enough.
    So true, loremaster of the new content should be enough, and beyond that it is just the bean counters trying to bury the players in enough grind to keep them paying for the game all 12 months. This has been back firing and continues to burn out players to the point of quitting because the game experience is just not good enough any more to justify it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    So true, loremaster of the new content should be enough, and beyond that it is just the bean counters trying to bury the players in enough grind to keep them paying for the game all 12 months. This has been back firing and continues to burn out players to the point of quitting because the game experience is just not good enough any more to justify it.
    Exactly. Although blizzard keeps trying to make the game more friendly for casual players, it's still very punishing in many areas. If someone takes a break between patches its fair for them to be behind in gear etc, and that can be solved quite easily with a few buddies taking you to mythic runs etc, but I've seen a lot of people coming back to the game hoping that they can get flying only to realize how much grinding they have to do then they just quit again.

You have to grind a lot of things at the same time, hope for Wardens WQ which sometimes just don't pop up etc, not to mention all the other grinds you gotta do just to make sure you have it before things go away in BFA such as mage tower etc.

It just seems that nowadays, you -have- to keep playing and do content as soon as it becomes available. Taking a break is not an option, or you will fall behind everyone else quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    Years after WoD, Ion and Alex are still buttsore that the community didn't swallow their load of garbage about WoW being better without flight. So they're going to keep wiping assfinder and smearing it all over the game for as long as they can.

Of course they'll try to sugar-coat it and make up some BS about how it's good for the game, or they want people to experience their vision, or how the artists can't make the game look good from the air. You'll know it's all the same lie as they told players in Legion if there's a Part 1 and Part 2 that isn't available at launch.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-05-19 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    - FACTION WAR EXPAC
    - 2 SEPARATE CONTINENT FACTION
    - WORDING OF THAT ACHIV

I mean, cmon it is clirly a non-bug otherwise why writing "COMPLETE THE KUL TIRAS AND ZANDALARI achiv..." ? One thing is to "mix" achiv for meta achiv as "bug" ANTOTHER is to fucking write a precise description.

Faction: Horde
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? Yes
    How Many Alts: 5
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): 0

I only play on the Horde side, and obviously there are a lot people like me so I believe it's a bug even if it's not a bug, I believe they'll change it.

I will save so much money I can go buy taco bell all the time woo hoo! \o/

P.S.

Patchfinder was never a compromise but a way to feast on whales and MAU.

If I remember correctly at max level Horde will do additional quests in the Alliance zones and Alliance will do additional quests in the Horde zones. That was the plan but that could have been changed. We will know for sure it if it is a bug or not by next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    If I remember correctly at max level Horde will do additional quests in the Alliance zones and Alliance will do additional quests in the Horde zones. That was the plan but that could have been changed. We will know for sure it if it is a bug or not by next month.
    This is far more likely to be part of the requirements than actually doing 100% of all the things on each faction. The level-cap quest chains where you establish a war-camp or base in enemy territory. Followed by a series of WQs or Loremaster-type explorations where you have to poke around the entire zone to complete it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know I kinda wish Blizz would take a leaf from FFXIV for this expansion. Have a pathfinder for each continent individually.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hope it's intended.

Faction: Alliance
    No.
    A lot
    4+

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You know I kinda wish Blizz would take a leaf from FFXIV for this expansion. Have a pathfinder for each continent individually.
    Or have pathfinder for an expansion's areas
    Like they did.

Faction: Pretty much Horde only, I have a single max level alliance toon that I created for the sole purpose of seeing the other side of the story.
    Do you spend 90+% time on 1 toon: No
    How many alts: 6-7, but most are barely played. I usually have a main and then 1 or 2 primary alts.
    How many raiding alts: Currently none as raiding has winded down a lot with Legion coming to an end. I'll usually have 1 or 2 alts in heroic gear (I do Mythic on my main).

It's clearly a bug, Blizzard has no reason to force people to play both sides, especially in an expansion that is meant to be polarizing and swell faction pride. If it's not it's the dumbest idea they've had in quite some time.

Faction: Hord
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? No ( at the current stage of the expansion(
    How Many Alts: 17
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): 5

I play Hord almost exclusively, however I don't mind this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Faction: Alliance mostly
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? No. I do, however, do nearly all my progression raiding on 1 toon.
    How Many Toons: 12 max level (8 Alliance, 4 Horde)
    How Many raiding Toons (heroic or above): 1

I would have no problem with it requiring you to play both the Alliance and Horde story lines.