Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Havent been to Silvermoon since...BC, so really dont care if they delete it off the map.

So...making the Eastern Kingdoms great again?

The cancer is spreading.

Try to keep it in one thread.

Think of the children.

Blood Elves will never join the Alliance, but why couldn't they make Silvermoon destroyed or vacated. Two years ago if someone said they will burn Teldrasil down, or the Forsaken would be removed from Undercity, what would your response be? Blood Elves evacuate to Quel'Danas, then you have one race of each faction on an island just outside the main factions continent.

People like saying poor writing when new characters are introduced with differing opinions of the majority. Seems a little shortsighted/close minded to me. In an ever evolving story line how would you like every character introduced? Back in WC3 and then developed in every expansion since WoW launch? Sounds great, do that.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    This isn't anything. It says "will stand united once more."

Uniting would not be The Void Elves & Non-Horde High Elves fighting The Blood Elves for control of Silvermoon. Uniting would mean they all join together again willingly.

So that would mean the Blood Elves leave The Horde to join The Alliance which is not going to happen. When WoW eventually dies I could see that maybe happening in a Warcraft 4 but it will never happen in WoW.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it ALMOST happened in MoP, then Jaina screwed the pooch.
    It won't happen.

I'm not saying it's not possible that Silvermoon gets destroyed or taken over. What I'm saying is the Blood Elves will never join the Void Elves/High Elves in the Alliance during WoW.

But saying that you believe one day they will unite again, the way for that to happen would not be by going to war with them. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

No I don't think so.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Remember the Horde Still has Stonard as well
    Yeah. An outpost in the middle of a swamp pretty much bordered by Alliance on all sides, mostly... but also a few hundred yards from a Draenei outpost and a fairly significantly staffed Alliance base.

Also, pretty certain Alliance won that little fracas in Cataclysm. So, lore-wise, I don't think the Horde has shit-all in that area.

Take the fucking thing. Make it into a Void crap-hole but Blizz has to give Belfs a new city. So that makes what? 3 cities they have to rebuild? With Crapcity and Hippe Tree gone.

If the blood elves do loose Quel'thalas, I hope they evacuate the city got to suramar and blow northern Quel'thalas to smithereens making the area utterly uninhabitable for a couple of centuries.

I wouldn't presume to know where the story is headed, but there are two assumptions being made (in this thread, and elsewhere) that are being presented as fact without anything evidencing them whatsoever:

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    But they will fail because gameplay means they have to fail, the Blood Elves cannot lose the Sunwell or else they would have to surrender. And surrender means you can't have Blood Elves playing in the Horde. Also the Horde needs to keep a city in the Eastern Kingdoms and Silvermoon is it.
    The portion I added emphasis to, specifically, is entirely conjecture.

We have absolutely no way of knowing if Blizzard feels the same way; narratively, the factional leaders have asserted that they intend to take control of the entirety of their respective continents (Sylvanas claiming Kalimdor, Anduin claiming Eastern Kingdoms).

It may well be that Blizzard will keep Quel'thalas and Azuremyst/Bloodmyst intact and unchanged, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest this has to happen. No comments from developers, no functional limitations, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Even if Blizzard decided to devote so many resources to that, they will never have Blood Elves join the Alliance or the Horde population will die out (no one wants to play ugly races like Orcs and Undead).
    This assumes they don't get something quite popular from the Alliance.

It wouldn't be that far-fetched for the Night Elves (who will, at this point in the narrative, have lost virtually all of their Priestesses of Elune) to become disillusioned with the Alliance in the wake of the Burning of Teldrassil -- this would simultaneously address two "guffaws" that occurred very early in the development of this game, while also being the best option to maintain factional balancing (because NE's are the second most played race in the Alliance).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh I agree that Umbric (and I guess Alleria) are being ridiculous here. The Blood Elves were considering to join the Alliance
    because first Sylvanas
    and then Garrosh fucked them up and they felt they'd get a better deal, not out of any sense of loyalty or common cause imo.
    When? You mean the time she told them to support the Northrend war effort? Or gave the good word, for them to the Horde leadership? Or sacrificed her life to protect them?

Deleted
    They also were humans allies and friends for 3000+ years, and friends (or at least in good terms) with most of the other races of said faction. While trolls were pretty much their arch-nemesis and orcs burned their sacred lands.

In fact, the guy seems to be the only rationnal elf from Silvermoon left. Never made much sense to me that the B-E would join the Horde in the first place.
    But I guess there'd be a lot more if Rommath didn't magically brainwhash the dissidents. In the end, Umbric and the V-E were lucky to depart before their good leader strap their free will.

That being said, he's a bit late for that tho. Even more so after the Theramore and Dalaran accidents.

Not saying that this is gonna happen anyway. It'd need Blizzard to finally update BC maps, so you can forget about it.
    Last edited by mmoc73dc3d5825; 2018-05-16 at 10:53 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurivar View Post
    They also were humans allies and friends for 3000+ years, and friends (or at least in good terms) with most of the other races of said faction. While trolls were pretty much their arch-nemesis and orcs burned their sacred lands.

In fact, the guy seems to be the only rationnal elf from Silvermoon left. Never made much sense to me that the B-E would join the Horde in the first place.
    But I guess there'd be a lot more if Rommath didn't magically brainwhash the dissidents. In the end, Rommath and the V-E were lucky to depart before their good leader strap their free will.

That being said, he's a bit late for that tho. Even more so after the Theramore and Dalaran accidents.

Not saying that this is gonna happen anyway. It'd need Blizzard to finally update BC maps, so you can forget about it.
    Most of the elves were always withdrawn.

Also Rommath is still in Silvermoon, not sure who you are confusing him with, Umbric?

The only thing the Alliance would do trying to take Silvermoon is just make the majority of the elves hate them even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    This assumes they don't get something quite popular from the Alliance.

It wouldn't be that far-fetched for the Night Elves (who will, at this point in the narrative, have lost virtually all of their Priestesses of Elune) to become disillusioned with the Alliance in the wake of the Burning of Teldrassil -- this would simultaneously address two "guffaws" that occurred very early in the development of this game, while also being the best option to maintain factional balancing (because NE's are the second most played race in the Alliance).
    That would be some heavyweight Stockholm syndrome. I would say that it would be interresting to see civie Nelves just continue living in teh Horde territory, under Horde leadership, because i don't believe there is any genocidal agenda at play there, unlike everyone vs undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    No, that’s not going to happen. That’s a pipe dream of a mad Elf.
    Not that I'm defending the OP's theory, but, before BfA was even announced, if anyone said "the Horde should burn Teldrassil", wouldn't most people give basically the same reply you just did?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurivar View Post

But I guess there'd be a lot more if Rommath didn't magically brainwhash the dissidents. In the end, Rommath and the V-E were lucky to depart before their good leader strap their free will.

Well thing is at the time of joining the Savages were showing signs of reformation and last interaction with humans was a racist cunt, who nearly got their "king" killed, when said "king" tried tohelp them despite the fact that his people just suffered a major genocide and effects of mana withdrawal.

Also Sylvanas put in a good word for them, in a time when they needed alies.

Umbric is simply upset they didn't allow him to study the most dangerous kind of magic in the fucking universe, which backfired on him and his followers extremely and the only reason they are still around is, because of a chance encounter, with the single mortal, who knows how to wield the void. Also in the case of the Velves that sentiment makes much less sence than Aleria, because you could argue that Aleria doesn't know shit what happened, but the Velves damn well should, unless you are selling the idea that they lived under a rock or in the rift for the past entirety of wow.

Deleted
    Yeah Umbric. Was thinking about Rommath because of the previous sentence, ended up writing his name again. Edited the message so dont be surprised.

And yeah, they were withdrawn, but still friends, even if a lot of them saw the other races as inferior. Horde races on the other hand were just plain ennemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not that I'm defending the OP's theory, but, before BfA was even announced, if anyone said "the Horde should burn Teldrassil", wouldn't most people give basically the same reply you just did?
    Without a mcguffin to make it so that they no longer need the Sunwell it can't realy fall.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    That would be some heavyweight Stockholm syndrome. I would say that it would be interresting to see civie Nelves just continue living in teh Horde territory, under Horde leadership, because i don't believe there is any genocidal agenda at play there, unlike everyone vs undead.
    It could probably be imagined as NE's becoming forcibly complacent, cooperating with their occupiers because they fear an even harsher crackdown -- but that wouldn't really be in-character for them.

As an alternative, I feel it'd be understandable if the NE's have simply arrived at the conclusion that 1) they aren't so culturally dissimilar from the Horde that they couldn't reach an understanding and co-habitate peacefully and 2) that much/most of their negative interactions with the Horde, after the first contact in Ashenvale, were instigated by their "allies" in Stormwind.

The NE's have been shackled to the Alliance for two reasons: Tyrande (alongside her Priestesses), and Malfurion (alongside his Druids). As virtually all of the Priestesses seem to be getting the axe in BfA, all it would take is for Tyrande to be sidelined and you'd have removed one of two bindings before the expansion even really starts.