Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes, definitely. Pretty obvious answer imo.

Yes, walking 10 km in rough terrain will cause some degree of weariness in most people, granted you'd tire out much faster if you run rather than walk, but thats because bipedal running isn't as energy efficient as running on all four which humans can't comfortably do anymore.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes if it's a long distance walking

Deleted
    I do if it's done properly alongside good diet and weight training.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes walking is a workout. If you're super fit already, then it won't do much for you, but it's a life changer for sedentary people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Life View Post
    Yes walking is a workout. If you're super fit already, then it won't do much for you, but it's a life changer for sedentary people.
    yeah walking is a workout for people who are rehabbing, people who have mobility issues, people who are older and didn't have the knowledge or technology of taking care of themselves when they were young, anything that gets your body moving in a physical manner is exercise....now, depending on how fit you are is what determines if it's the right exercise for you
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you walk hard and far enough, sure. Even just base walking speed is low level exercise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    yeah walking is a workout for people who are rehabbing, people who have mobility issues, people who are older and didn't have the knowledge or technology of taking care of themselves when they were young, anything that gets your body moving in a physical manner is exercise....now, depending on how fit you are is what determines if it's the right exercise for you
    Ever heard of racewalking....?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

It is actually, if you are traveling and camping at a mountain, you will definitely lose some weight, but you have to do it a lot tho.

Of course if it involves any variation of uphill, long distance, hard/soft surfaces, not just popping down to the diary to get a chocolate bar or soda can

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    racewalking is a joke, so nice try, but no....lol

racewalking....HAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH

- - - Updated - - -

now, go reread what i wrote REEEEEAAALLLLLY CAREFULLY and think before you jump on your keyboard and type incoherently
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    racewalking is a joke, so nice try, but no....lol

racewalking....HAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH

- - - Updated - - -

now, go reread what i wrote REEEEEAAALLLLLY CAREFULLY and think before you jump on your keyboard and type incoherently
    Right. The most brutally exhausting sport in the summer olympics is a joke and "not a workout".

I feel sorry for people who take fitness advice from you - if there are any, that is.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

It counts but not walking 15-20 mins a day. Its a light work out so get more benefit one has to increase the work put in. Like walk for at least an hour, preferably more.

A 15 min stroll to the store for food is not enough to put any real strain on your body, but a one hour walk at higher speed with a few kilos in your bag will raise your heart rate by quite a lot.

As a habitual cycler, walking does very little to me nowadays. I do High Intensity Interval Training now I'm seeing much better results. I also eat like a hog, so yeah, gotta burn that.

No, gotta have the heart beat up to 150 at least. Or whatever is your "slightly" sweaty pulse. I run with around 175, so 150 is where things starts getting there.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by tinywater2017 View Post
    I heard that some people lost weights by walking around 10,000 steps per day. Do you consider walking (fast) a kind of workout?
    It factually is. "Workout" doesn't mean "feel sore for the next 2 days". Anything more than sitting in front of your PC is a work out yo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    No, gotta have the heart beat up to 150 at least. Or whatever is your "slightly" sweaty pulse. I run with around 175, so 150 is where things starts getting there.
    You can't get your BPM up to 150 by walking?

You can't get your BPM up to 150 by walking?
    Haven't checked, guess you can.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

But if you drag your feet and don't get your pulse up? Then no.... Definitely no.