Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You can't get your BPM up to 150 by walking?
    Walking up a long steep hill can do that I guess, depending how fit you are.

It all depends on how trained you are. Some people walking can do much more effort than another one sprinting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Today in the European Athletics Championships in Berlin all three Finnish racewalkers were vomiting mid-race and two of them suffered a heat stroke.

Yeah, totally not a sport. /s

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    If you get your pulse up, sure. All depends on your condition and stamina.

Incline walking on a steep incline can definitely be a workout. Its not bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can’t see getting your heartbeat as high as 150 just by walking, even up a very steep hill.

I’m lucky to pop 150 on a strenuous bike ride.

Of course that’s due to years of biking. I suppose you could get to 150 walking if you’re 100+ pounds overweight walking up hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    body adapts to stimulus, or stresses placed upon it
    I would not consider a real workout, but I there is no reason not to walk though, it is still better than doing nothing. To me the heart has to almost explode, a 150-160 heart rate is what I consider a workout!
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

Walking is a potential workout.If you want more for getting fit than it is not a good suggestion.

It's exercise, it's just not strenuous exercise (which is what people generally associate with "workouts").

It contributes to an active lifestyle and thus assists with fat burning. Walking alone won't net you much weight loss though.

go for a fast 30-40 min. walk every day for a year and you'll be fit.

Walking is good, but if your weight is too much (like was mine) - it will take too much time to loss weight. It's better to go to gym, eat less, and walk (better run, but I don't like running)

Walking a mile burns the same amount of calories as running a mile. It just does so much slower, obviously. If you aren't getting your heart rate up, though, it's not going to do much for your physical conditioning.

Well for me walking IS a workout, because I'm walking really fast. I used to walking fast, because I'm living in big city, so If you're walking fast you would gain some more free time for games)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Walking a mile burns the same amount of calories as running a mile. It just does so much slower, obviously. If you aren't getting your heart rate up, though, it's not going to do much for your physical conditioning.
    No it doesn't. If it did, we would be running instead of walking all the time. Running is not even close to as energy efficient as walking.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

It all depends on how much you want to walk. But sometimes it's the only exercise we do in all day.

Walking is better than being sedentary, and if someone is overweight and/or does zero physical activity, then walking is stellar. However, if you maintain that then at some point your body will plateau; you have to keep escalating the activity if you want to maintain results and weight loss. Walking is a great way to start, but from there you need to start jogging, trying to spring, swimming, weights, etc., along with proper nutrition in order to really see major results.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Im usually on my feet walking 10hrs a day here at my job so it better be considered a workout xD