View Poll Results: Do you have at least 2 Million Gold?

Voters
746. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

363 48.66%
  • No

383 51.34%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Most people don't. But it's a convenience, and a gold sink. Not everyone has to have it.

Warchief
    I am sitting at about 2.5 million gold, but I haven't logged in except to raid since Christmas, so I have missed out on many gold making opportunities since then. Order hall missions pay for my repairs for our 200+ wipes on mythic Aggramar.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Maybe close to a million, but not over.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | My Website | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by DeathHunter View Post
    Wow, I can't believe how close this O_O
    Order halls made many easy millionaires.

Most long time players have 10+ max level alts already. Just get them though argus quest line and let them rake in the money for you.

Garrisons were great for making gold but they still took some effort to post stuff on the AH and whatnot. Meanwhile, Order Halls give raw gold (and lots of it) AND there's a mobile app included (which is far superior as is).

Here's a quick and rough breakdown for people who have no idea how great this method is ATM:

Let's say you have 12 alts all max level and with fully-geared champions.
    Let's also say you use the mobile app 2-3x a day to check for gold missions (morning, noon, and/or night).

- Gold missions usually give an average of around 2,500 gold per.
    - From my experience, you will average approximately 2 gold missions per character per day with 12 alts.

That means you can rake in an average of (give or take) 60,000 gold per day just by spending 5 minutes checking a mobile app 2-3 times daily. That's about 420,000 gold per week, or 1,800,000 gold per month.

That doesn't include all the other way gold grows on trees nowadays (such as almost 1k from WQ/paragon boxes). Unless you're fairly new to the game or wasted too long to level alts before 7.3.5 made leveling aids, then there's no reason to not have a few million gold by now.

I had 2,7 million last week, but burned half of it in tokens. Now I'm gonna try to save the 4,5 million for the dino mount.

Haven't ever hit 2 mil, usually just buy tokens when I get any sort of gold.

Also, it's too easy to just mail stuff from all your alts to 1 toon and have that toon manage your inventory/bank. A mount (5 mil nonetheless) won't trump that benefit so it will be a hard pass.

Right now I'm back near to 2mil, at 1.8 I think. Though I've started the expansion around the same amount and probably made over 4 million during it. Have 1 year of sub, bought the deluxe BFA and still have 200 euros of balance on top of that 1.8 mil.

As far as the mount is concerned, I'll probably make the gold to buy it but will not. Won't buy it even if it was 2 mil. Having all those vendors on it hardly makes any difference for me when it's so easy to move around the world.
    Last edited by kraner; 2018-05-21 at 02:26 PM.

Currently on 3.3 million total but I have recently bought the spider, toy and pet from Mad Merchant and I have a warframe too. Currently trying to save for the BfA gold sink mount.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

I've never had more than 500k. I have no use for gold beyond repairs and the occasional item from the AH.

1.4 Mill here and i buy game time with my gold, so i have spent at least 190K plus every month. I have the warframe, dont want the spider and all i do is auction off what i loot and sell greys, been lucky with BoE drops this xpac, but nothing really out of the ordinary
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."
    The Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.

I started the xpac with 4M, spent most of the xpac at 3M, the read this post (order hall section) and I'm now at 7.5M.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    US realms? spectrals don't go for less than 1-2 gold caps on EU.
    Really?
    huh, I guess I got 23M in assets then! Been a while since I've checked the value of it.
    I've no idea what to write here.

I have a little bit over 9M after buying all legion mounts but the Argus one. I rarely buy tokens too because I can afford the 12€ and I always loved making gold.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Garrisons were great for making gold but they still took some effort to post stuff on the AH and whatnot. Meanwhile, Order Halls give raw gold (and lots of it) AND there's a mobile app included (which is far superior as is).
    Actually Garrisons also provided raw gold missions and followers had a specific ability to increase gold per mission, which was later replaces by "extreme scavenger".

Do you guys just exclusively play wow or something? i rotate 6-7 games from time to time and i find it ridiculous that people are maintaining 10+ alts for order halls. I cbf to level even 3 toons lol. Too much of a grind for me and I seriously don't have the patience for that BS.

On one server, no. Across the main 2 I play on? Yes. But I should be close on my regular server if I remember to use the WoW app more regularly.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Oh, expected it to have 75% "Yes"...

Yeah, I have more than 2 million. Currently 5.2 million. Was up to 6 million last month but bought 3 tokens. And have spend money on tokens for a year, plus bought the Bloodfang widow, Warframe...if I'd saved it all I would be around 10 million, but no point really. In fact I am glad that we have tokens and something to dump the gold into

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Do you guys just exclusively play wow or something? i rotate 6-7 games from time to time and i find it ridiculous that people are maintaining 10+ alts for order halls. I cbf to level even 3 toons lol. Too much of a grind for me and I seriously don't have the patience for that BS.
    In my case, yes....I only play one game. I am also one of the people who likes to have a max toon of every class. It probably would be annoying to level them all pre-flying, but after I had flying unlocked and with Invasions up, it is like 1-1,5 lv per invasion zone...really fast.

I also have done all class mount quests except the monk....really over the course of the x-pac it isn't taking THAT much time and it also depends how mch fun I have with a class. Don't really like the mage or hunter or monk...so their Class Halls and followers are somewhat in shambles. But I enjoyed the new DH so much, she really levelled everything up quickly.

So....didn't level them for the purpose of making gold, just because I am an altoholic, but once they are leveled, just clicking through the missions takes like a minute er character. I do the first set up over coffee in the morning, then re-check after work. Bare minimum is 20k gold per day, but 50k is not unrealistic..they pretty much all come in at 200% success

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh, expected it to have 75% "Yes"...
    I think it's something quite hard to estimate accurately because we're all biased towards thinking that our own gold is a lot closer to the average than it really is. Something that is telling for me is the BMAH. Back in WoD, before the per toon gold cap was raised from 1M to 10M, every night there would be a throng of people waiting at Madam Goya from about 23:25, just before new listings appear. The only reason to do that is if you plan to bid gold cap on something. Clearly back then a lot of people had over a million.

These days I am often the only person who is waiting (I really, really want that Zulian Tiger). What this all tells me is that having more than 10M is currently somewhat rare.

Started playing again 2-3 months ago and I'm around 200k all the time. Never made any money with AH. Stupidness

I've been playing on different servers a lot so my gold is split between different chars and servers, but yes i do have more than 2M gold and have had that much and more ever since WoD. I do not however have the spider and will likely not buy it, but that is mostly because of my arachnophobia. I'm not completly sure if i will buy the auctioneer mount either, at least not until i've collected way more gold than i currently have.
    IronVan the Van of Steel