Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    If you don't think purge isn't useful in m+, you are doing keys so low that it doesn't matter or you're simply not utilizing your toolkit. Full stop.
    We lived just fine without it in Legion. Want it so bad? Use a DH lol Don't wanna play one? Recruit one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Never done a Mythic dungeon above +2 ?
    Never done one without consume magic, apparently? What a useless ability. Enjoy they GCD for a shitty exchange of RP and one enemy without a shield or some shit that could be burned down in half the time it took you to press the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Blood has had the preferred toolkit for M+ most of this expansion. Moving the "preferred child" to another class isn't the problem, but rather that one tank is clearly superior to the others. The other tanks CAN get the job done of course, but Blood makes things MUCH easier in general.
    Blood wasn't even viable as a tank for the first half of the expansion when they didn't have IBF and bone shields melted to dots.

If by gutted you mean the loss of cool, signature abilities I can sympathize, but if by gutted you mean warlocks lost things that affect gameplay....well.....I've never heard of a skilled warlock having a hard time getting into +24 tyrannical HOV.
    This sounds like something you just made up. How many warlocks do you know who have done a 24 tyrannical HoV? Considering in the entire world there are 72 warlocks who have done a 23 tyrannical HoV or higher in time (which I would guess is in or around the same as the number who have finished a 24 in time or not).

To put it in perspective, for every 14 guilds who have completed Mythic Antorus there is 1 warlock who has done a +23 or Higher tyrannical HoV in time, you are talking worldwide an average of about 1 warlock in every 8 realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    This sounds like something you just made up. How many warlocks do you know who have done a 24 tyrannical HoV? Considering in the entire world there are 72 warlocks who have done a 23 tyrannical HoV or higher in time (which I would guess is in or around the same as the number who have finished a 24 in time or not).

To put it in perspective, for every 14 guilds who have completed Mythic Antorus there is 1 warlock who has done a +23 or Higher tyrannical HoV in time, you are talking worldwide an average of about 1 warlock in every 8 realms.
    My god man, I just picked HoV out of my ass as an example. The point is....which I guess I have to be completely clear about, is that warlocks are by far the most represented DPS past +20, with nearly 50% more locks (I assume mostly affliction) than the next closest, which is hunter, and there are 1/3rd more warlocks than druids (assuming balance) at +25.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggeredKid View Post
    Blizzards moving from one favorite child to another, end of story.
    ye nothin says favorite child like literally unplayable for the first half of the expansion
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

My god man, I just picked HoV out of my ass as an example. The point is....which I guess I have to be completely clear about, is that warlocks are by far the most represented DPS past +20, with nearly 50% more locks (I assume mostly affliction) than the next closest, which is hunter, and there are 1/3rd more warlocks than druids (assuming balance) at +25.
    So you did just make it up . Also, yes, when discussing balance you do need to be completely clear. You can't expect to have meaningful discussion on class balance if people are just making up the numbers.

And while yes, DK DPS do struggle a bit at high end, if you are just looking at representation in groups you can't ignore the fact that about 60% of groups doing 25s or higher (pushing towards 75% for the ridiculously high keys) have a DK tank which is artificially pushing down the value of DK as DPS. A Blood DK brings the same utility as a DPS DK, primarily grips and combat res. Taking a second DK just doesn't provide most groups with anything useful that they don't already have from the Blood DK. I'm certainly not saying Unholy or Frost would be up there with Affliction if it just happened that DH was the best high end tank for example and I still doubt you would be seeing DPS DKs in the very top runs but it would make a difference and would certainly push up their representation in the 24+ range substantially. I mean, even with how good warlocks are right now pretty much nobody runs double warlock comps. It doesn't matter how good warlocks are, their value drops drastically when you already have one in the group. The same holds for DKs. Or to look at Druids, both Resto and Boomkin are pretty strong for high M+ but almost nobody runs both in the same group. It doesn't matter the spec, if your group already has a Druid you just get a lot less from having a second one.
    Last edited by Sulika; Today at 01:58 AM.