Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Before the Storm Preview, Adam Savage's New Warcraft Armor

Challenge Rift - Week 47

Top 2 (Standard) is This Week's Brawl!

Before the Storm Preview
    Christie Golden's next novel, Before the Storm comes out next month and Amazon has released a preview.

Adam Savage's New Warcraft Armor
    Adam Savage got his hands on some armor from the Warcraft movie.

Last edited by chaud; 2018-05-16 at 07:30 PM.

Haven't been this excited for a WoW book in a while!

Gotta admit, that Stormwind armor looks neat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg they kissed! Pics please

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Omg they kissed! Pics please
    can we have a tl;dr of who kissed and the context?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    can we have a tl;dr of who kissed and the context?
    WRATHION AND ANDUIN ITS TOTALLY CANON NOW

j/k it was just jaina and blue dragon boi.

Golden's writing again... kill me now.

This is why we can't have nice things...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who still tries to argue that Sylvanas isn't evil after reading this is truly beyond all reason and logic.

Lol at the random Christie Golden hate. She's a decent writer. Her romance writing is, well, bad, but the rest of her writing is generally pretty good. Not much of a reason to say UGH GOLDEN WRITING KILL ME NOW MORE BAD WRITING. I'd like to see what sort of stuff people with that opinion read if Golden's hyper-standard voice is "so bad".

Anyways, the Warcraft armor looks pretty good, which is no surprise considering it's Weta we're talking about. I figured it was just some kind of plastic/foam when I saw it in behind the scenes photos and stuff, so that was no surprise. Still looks good for being basically a bunch of plastic and model foam, almost appears metallic (the armor, at least).

See, the Alliance is the Savage faction.

FINALLY Some Grey area in this conflict wooo!

Just kidding Horde still evil, Alliance still good. Mmmm love me some grey areas Blizz and Golden, you guys sure do deliver

And the Horde sinks further and the Alliance gets more redemption.

Boy... what a shocker.

OG WC3 cast will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Lol at the random Christie Golden hate. She's a decent writer. Her romance writing is, well, bad, but the rest of her writing is generally pretty good. Not much of a reason to say UGH GOLDEN WRITING KILL ME NOW MORE BAD WRITING. I'd like to see what sort of stuff people with that opinion read if Golden's hyper-standard voice is "so bad".
    To be fair, Blizzard aren't exactly starved for cash. If they wanted better writers they could easily afford better writers. Though I do think Christie Golden gets too much hate thrown her way. It's not like Blizzard's own writing is amazing - even a lot of the good stuff is changed on a whim because the developers feel like shoehorning something new into the story even when it's at the cost of stuff that was established in the past.

That costume armor from the Warcraft movie is gorgeous! And Anduin on the book cover looks funny. Sylvanas looks okay.

The only good thing from this train wreck of a story is the fact that at least, the very least, they didn't hire Karin Travis to write this. If you guys think that I'm making this up, ask any Halo fan. Not to mention the steaming pile of shit that was Halo 4 and 5

almost feels like there is a book coming every single month wish they could make more story in-game instead of books.

Cue all those amazing, acknowledged, published writers lurking on MMO-C and their hatred for... well, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    No, it is not good. It is supremely sub-par writing. Anyone over the age of 14 should be able to recognize this fact.

And yes, reading her books makes my eyes bleed.
    You're forgetting Richard "I'll pull characters out of fucking nowhere with 0 impact on the lore and gameplay" Knaak

cough*Thura*cough

LOL, ppl really get edgy on the internet forums.