Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I am not a fan on Christie Goldens work, but to be fair she isn't writing something that comes to her mind with this. She is an employee of Blizzard. So this novel is the idea of Blizzards story designers. They tell her what the outlines are, which characters are important and what should happen. She surely has some own ideas how to deal with that, but in the end she does not decide who dies, who lives, etc.
    That's what really bothers me. The story seems to be completely "good vs evil" and the Horde again may lose a warchief.

So Shaw didn't tell Anduin that the Broken Shore was a trap, that the SI:7 got ambushed, that Shaw was replaced by a dreadlord, that the SI:7 fed them false information and that the Burning Legion forces on the Broken Shore were numerous enough to wipe out both factions' troops? Okay. I don't get why they're still trying to push the plot of Sylvanas betraying Varian. She's doing plenty of bad stuff in BfA from what we've seen so far, no need to blame her for the one thing she's not actually guilty of.

Edit: Unless they're gonna write it so Shaw willfully hid that information, ofcourse.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2018-05-18 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    They are selling cast stuff, does it mean there wont be warcraft 2?

Spoilers-a-plenty but a fairly decent (imo) watch: Taliesin & Evitel

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    I find most fantasy to be on this level. I find Christie's writing to be representative of most fantasy being published commercially these days. Is any contemporary fantasy comparable to real literature? Sci fi is genre, but I find much better writing present in sci fi novels. Even GRRM's prose is pretty woeful. His worldbuilding makes up for it, and the suspense of waiting 84 years between novels, but his "she brushed her hair 3990 times until it shone" level of prose is cringeworthy.
    It's funny that you bring this up because I think it is a good point. Even Tolkien has examples of what you pointed out from Martin. Fellowship of the Ring was guilty of that kind of stuff, too.

i need armor like this :O

wow this book will be awesome

Deleted
    I like this

- - - Updated - - -

I like this new stuff

hype train choo choo choo

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrys View Post
    They are selling cast stuff, does it mean there wont be warcraft 2?
    For me was quite the opposite feeling, in any case I think they're building hype for a second movie, I'm pretty sure Weta Workshop has all the molds and patterns to re-create and improve those armors and props, Legendary and the production team can auction away and build hype with that.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is that Golden can be a perfectly adequate author...sometimes. But holy crap 'The Shattering' was objectively an awful *non-novel* that does nothing but describe a bunch of things that happen and not actually, you know, DO anything with them. I have never read a book that was such a resounding THUD of literature before.