Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    We will be GCD locked after a tier probably, but these are great changes.
    you sound like being gcd locked is bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    you sound like being gcd locked is bad
    It's horrible design that leads to 1 button spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    It's horrible design that leads to 1 button spamming.
    what?! you can be gcd locked and never hit a button twice in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    what?! you can be gcd locked and never hit a button twice in a row
    The problem with being GCD locked is you change from "best priority on abilities to manage resources and do damage" to simply "what is the highest dmg ability per GCD"

Its really bad for Death Knights since our runes and by extension there regen act as mini ability cooldowns, and without that we devolve into some pretty horrible game play like diseaseless blood in Wrath, where pressing frost fever and plague strike were not "worth" the GCD, parts of our class break down more so then some other Melee specifically Warriors and DH it doesnt really apply to them because of the nature of how those specs work.

I imagine if that Death coil change goes live on release it will be reverted in the following tier and mainly used as a band aid to get us through the extremely low haste values we will have early on in BFA, i would prefer a more well thought out fix that wont have UHDK posting "nerfed again" in patch 8.2. But again if they really want to force people to play with 16% haste in heroic/mythic Uldir then this might just be the best short term solution for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    The problem with being GCD locked is you change from "best priority on abilities to manage resources and do damage" to simply "what is the highest dmg ability per GCD"

Its really bad for Death Knights since our runes and by extension there regen act as mini ability cooldowns, and without that we devolve into some pretty horrible game play like diseaseless blood in Wrath, where pressing frost fever and plague strike were not "worth" the GCD, parts of our class break down more so then some other Melee specifically Warriors and DH it doesnt really apply to them because of the nature of how those specs work.

I imagine if that Death coil change goes live on release it will be reverted in the following tier and mainly used as a band aid to get us through the extremely low haste values we will have early on in BFA, i would prefer a more well thought out fix that wont have UHDK posting "nerfed again" in patch 8.2. But again if they really want to force people to play with 16% haste in heroic/mythic Uldir then this might just be the best short term solution for that.
    that just sounds like bad ability balancing; should this not be impossible with the current wound system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Its not late. But they are behind. Many specs have barely been touched. Thankfully thats not Unholy though.
    They said they weren't going to change much, frankly I'm surprised they've changed as much as they have for some classes. I mean we knew Demo and Survival were getting big changes...but surprised some specs (Even Unholy to a degree) got changed as much as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    They said they weren't going to change much, frankly I'm surprised they've changed as much as they have for some classes. I mean we knew Demo and Survival were getting big changes...but surprised some specs (Even Unholy to a degree) got changed as much as they did.
    They simply had to touch up some specs. The whole "the classes were never designed around artidact weapons, besides demon hunter" was a flat out lie if you played during the legion pre patch at the end of WoD. Classes were broken across the board.

Development cycles are what they are. Blizzard has made a complete shit-show of a lot of once proud classes this xpac. Why should I trust they'll get their act together in the 3 months before launch?
    And shepherds we shall be...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    So we slowly do shitty damage smoothly... check.
    go Blizz
    after playing multiple mythic dungeons with ~330 gear
    i cannot confirm,
    Burst ST is super strong but the damage without apoc/gargoyle evens it out with other specs greatly

Quote Originally Posted by BRETTDESZORNS View Post
    after playing multiple mythic dungeons with ~330 gear
    i cannot confirm,
    Burst ST is super strong but the damage without apoc/gargoyle evens it out with other specs greatly
    Great to hear - any feedback on world questing/war mode as Unholy?