Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Instead of octopus(not that it is a bad idea), I had wished their aquatic form to be a Drust whale, consider how exotic the skull of a whale look, think about it, a deep-sea half skeleton whale with barnacle and seaweed on it's back, fits the Kultiran aesthetic perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Instead of octopus(not that it is a bad idea), I had wished their aquatic form to be a Drust whale, consider how exotic the skull of a whale look, think about it, a deep-sea half skeleton whale with barnacle and seaweed on it's back, fits the Kultiran aesthetic perfectly.
    Yeah, agreed. Literally anything distinctly new would be nice. The current form is just mildly different which is quite the let-down given the emphasis of water for the Kul-Tiran.

Just look at how different the flight form is for the Zandalari, or even the original Trolls (a bat). Why isn't the same level of distinction present in the aquatic forms?
    Last edited by Ohmega; 2018-05-17 at 02:26 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmega View Post
    If they are adding a dolphin glyph, why not do an octopus? The dolphin doesn't make any real sense, after-all.

I tried looking around for some lore concerning the aquatic form and its foundation and there is little to nothing to be found. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

- - - Updated - - -

Before they released the model for the Kul'Tiran, I was expecting an octopus or Hippo for the Kul'Tiran and a croc for Zandalari. Given how new and varied the new druid forms are for these races, I find it odd that the aquatic form looks so close to the original.
    I dont think an octopus makes much sense.. they are all about drust magic and the form they gave to them seems fitting. Octopus is to much sea priest/ nzoth vibe which is what we are fighting tbh.
    Also it sounds cool I just dont think this would be the way to go, maybe in like 8.3 or so when we defeated that stuff you could get a quest to find a tome or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I dont think an octopus makes much sense.. they are all about drust magic and the form they gave to them seems fitting. Octopus is to much sea priest/ nzoth vibe which is what we are fighting tbh.
    Also it sounds cool I just dont think this would be the way to go, maybe in like 8.3 or so when we defeated that stuff you could get a quest to find a tome or something like that.
    I can dig that. Regardless of what the form is or could be, the current form just seems "off". The aquatic form of the Kul'Tiran should have been distinct and special, given their relationship with the water. And I think we can all agree that this isn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I kind of doubt this. We already have two "octopus" aquatic mounts, and things with tentacles are pretty explicitly Old-God related.
    Well, we were talking about a glyph, not an actual form. And no, octopus doesn't have to be connected with the old gods.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They could always make the octopus a glyph, I'd love that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, so the octopus makes even more sense, right? The prevalence of tentacles alone seems to be a reason to head in that direction.

Either way, I think we can agree that the current form doesn't mirror the sea life currently found in BFA, right? Can someone in beta shed light on this?
    It does connect with how the Kul Tiran lives, actually. If you try to find actual connection, then even the octopus would fall out.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It does connect with how the Kul Tiran lives, actually. If you try to find actual connection, then even the octopus would fall out.
    It is a moderate reskin of the initial form. Regardless of what the Kul'Tiran form should be, it should be something distinct. This current direction is hardly that.

Look at the variation in flight form (particularly the new Zandalari); you mean to tell me that the most appropriate thing we could come up with is a reskin of the old model, with big teeth? Up to this point, the druid forms were exciting and pretty inventive (the new forms), but this is a huge letdown.

Kul'Tiran aquatic form should be something novel and it should reflect the role water plays in this area and to these people. The Kul'Tiran deserve better and the Kul'Tiran Druids certainly do, from a lore and immersion perspective.

Deleted
    Cant wait to see de zandalari aquatic form

so far all kul tiran forms have had an animal skull with antlers on.
    i'm guessing the remaining forms will follow the same theme

I want it now for my...RP sessions..

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a moderate reskin of the initial form. Regardless of what the Kul'Tiran form should be, it should be something distinct. This current direction is hardly that.

Look at the variation in flight form (particularly the new Zandalari); you mean to tell me that the most appropriate thing we could come up with is a reskin of the old model, with big teeth? Up to this point, the druid forms were exciting and pretty inventive (the new forms), but this is a huge letdown.

Kul'Tiran aquatic form should be something novel and it should reflect the role water plays in this area and to these people. The Kul'Tiran deserve better and the Kul'Tiran Druids certainly do, from a lore and immersion perspective.
    Well, to be honest, the Zandalari has been announced as not really being the same branch of druids like the others. And considering that the Kul Tiran connection for druidism has nothing to do with them, their lore or immersion but a complete different race, could have something to do with it.

Well, we were talking about a glyph, not an actual form. And no, octopus doesn't have to be connected with the old gods.
    In general no, but everything with tentacles in WoW is explicitly connected in some way. (At least everything I can think of.)
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I can dig that. Regardless of what the form is or could be, the current form just seems "off". The aquatic form of the Kul'Tiran should have been distinct and special, given their relationship with the water. And I think we can all agree that this isn't it.
    I think that it would have been really cool if Blizz gave them some kind of special aquatic form that really highlighted their relationship to the water. The walrus is kinda cool, and true to the general druid forms, but they could have done better. I'm guessing that they are getting down to crunch time, and reskinning a seal was probably a lot easier. I'm not opposed to it, but it could've definitely been cooler (imho).

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I think that it would have been really cool if Blizz gave them some kind of special aquatic form that really highlighted their relationship to the water. The walrus is kinda cool, and true to the general druid forms, but they could have done better. I'm guessing that they are getting down to crunch time, and reskinning a seal was probably a lot easier. I'm not opposed to it, but it could've definitely been cooler (imho).
    Agreed. It just seems like a missed opportunity. BFA looks incredible and I will be race swapping my druid to Kul'Tiran as soon as possible, but I would be lying if I said that I wasn't looking forward to something more with respect to their aquatic form.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, to be honest, the Zandalari has been announced as not really being the same branch of druids like the others. And considering that the Kul Tiran connection for druidism has nothing to do with them, their lore or immersion but a complete different race, could have something to do with it.
    Meh, all I know is that the Kul'Tiran aquatic form should reflect their relationship with water. The one they are looking to implement doesn't do that, at all.