Kul'Tiran Aquatic Form

Right to the point: You mean to tell me that the aquatic form for the Kul'tiran is not an octopus? I mean, come on. Not only would it make sense for a maritime society to have a more intricate aquatic form, but it also make sense given the old god influence on the society.

This seems like a lost opportunity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Sigh. Custom model that does not look like a seal with Downs Syndrome... and you have to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmega View Post
    Right to the point: You mean to tell me that the aquatic form for the Kul'tiran is not an octopus? I mean, come on. Not only would it make sense for a maritime society to have a more intricate aquatic form, but it also make sense given the old god influence on the society.

This seems like a lost opportunity.
    I mean, its a wickerman version of the original model that is a lot more fat. Thats pretty much the crux of Kul'tiran characterization.

The real interesting thing here is that they ARE even doing alternate Aquatic forms. Hoping the Zandalari get an awesome sea-bound dino like a Kronosaurus!

squid would indeed be cooler. but at least we're getting forms that seems to be color matched across all the forms so that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Sigh. Custom model that does not look like a seal with Downs Syndrome... and you have to complain.
    They are introducing a maritime society and their aquatic form is only mildly different from the original? It is essentially the same thing but with tusks and a bit more detail. I just figured they would have spent more time on the aquatic form for the Kul'Tiran in an attempt to make it truly unique as a means to reflect the weight water/navel travel and lifestyle likely has in their society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    I mean, its a wickerman version of the original model that is a lot more fat. Thats pretty much the crux of Kul'tiran characterization.

The real interesting thing here is that they ARE even doing alternate Aquatic forms. Hoping the Zandalari get an awesome sea-bound dino like a Kronosaurus!
    If the Zandalari get anything that looks like anything other than a slight remodel of the original, then this thread will become even more relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmega View Post
    They are introducing a maritime society and their aquatic form is only mildly different from the original? It is essentially the same thing but with tusks and a bit more detail. I just figured they would have spent more time on the aquatic form for the Kul'Tiran in an attempt to make it truly unique as a means to reflect the weight water/navel travel and lifestyle likely has in their society.
    Given what the patch also revealed about Kul Tiran Druid lore, this is actually fitting. They're only tangentially related to the rest of Kul Tiran society.

Dying to see what Balance brings. Boomkin with wood/skull or something completely different like Zandalari