Stupid Question About Sylvanas

Lore nerd here. But for some reason, I feel like I've been telling this bit of history so long that I almost think I made it up:

Sylvanas is a banshee inhabiting her own corpse/body... right?

I forget where or if I read this. But for the longest time when discussing lore with friends, I am always under the impression that Sylvanas defended Silvermoon to the best of her ability, died fighting Arthas (DK version), had her soul torn out and desecrated and thus became a banshee spirit by Arthas, committed atrocious acts, but once Arthas loss control while fighting Illidan was able to 'compose' herself as a banshee. ...... and then I think (correct me if wrong) she found her corpse and is pretty much possessing it?

I think it is badass if she is truly a banshee possessing her slain corpse and that's why she can command a bunch of banshee powers and dark magics.

But please, correct me if I am wrong. I forget.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are correct.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS, thanks

Yes, finding her body was mentioned in Silverpine and Chronicles questing I believe.

I think in "Arthas" it was also stated that she prefers to use inhabit her body instead of floating around because she likes the feel of her feet on the ground/grass I thought that was a nice touch.

She needed that corporeal body to do the dirty with her boy-toy Nathanos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morrizrowthelibrarian View Post
    but once Arthas loss control while fighting Illidan was able to 'compose' herself as a banshee. ......
    Sylvanas was freed before that, when Illidan cracked the Frozen Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by morrizrowthelibrarian View Post
    Lore nerd here. But for some reason, I feel like I've been telling this bit of history so long that I almost think I made it up:

Sylvanas is a banshee inhabiting her own corpse/body... right?

I forget where or if I read this. But for the longest time when discussing lore with friends, I am always under the impression that Sylvanas defended Silvermoon to the best of her ability, died fighting Arthas (DK version), had her soul torn out and desecrated and thus became a banshee spirit by Arthas, committed atrocious acts, but once Arthas loss control while fighting Illidan was able to 'compose' herself as a banshee. ...... and then I think (correct me if wrong) she found her corpse and is pretty much possessing it?

I think it is badass if she is truly a banshee possessing her slain corpse and that's why she can command a bunch of banshee powers and dark magics.

But please, correct me if I am wrong. I forget.
    arthas preserved her corpse to continue to inflict pain and torture her. when illidan casted his spell and damaged the lk she was freed from the mindcontroll and somehow found the corpse and could possess it, at least in the book. in the game simply had the new model from the start of the expansion's missions

huh i didnt know that, weird

iirc this is right. at least the books said so.

sounds like a 2 phase raid boss to me

Quote Originally Posted by chr2 View Post
    She needed that corporeal body to do the dirty with her boy-toy Nathanos.
    She needed it to captivate an audience on the internet.