Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account

Finished a new alt today

Went ahead and did a few world quests, put all that AP into the weapon, got that massive power spike.

Sure is nice to know it's all going away in a few months, all those cooldown lengths, all those conveniences. Getting weaker is really good RPG design!

The few things we keep, we have to pay for with our our talent points, of which we haven't gotten more in 4 years, and even then it's almost always a severely nerfed version.

Seriously, I am really looking forward to the game content in Battle for Azeroth but what they're doing with class design is pure fucking shit. I've never really complained that much, changes happen, nerfs happen, but god damn this is going to suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Went ahead and did a few world quests, put all that AP into the weapon, got that massive power spike.

Sure is nice to know it's all going away in a few months, all those cooldown lengths, all those conveniences. Getting weaker is really good RPG design!

The few things we keep, we have to pay for with our our talent points, of which we haven't gotten more in 4 years, and even then it's almost always a severely nerfed version.

Seriously, I am really looking forward to the game content in Battle for Azeroth but what they're doing with class design is pure fucking shit. I've never really complained that much, changes happen, nerfs happen, but god damn this is going to suck.
    Quite sure there is a topic about this in the Battle For Azeroth sub-forum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Doesn't your power get nerfed at the start of every expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Doesn't your power get nerfed at the start of every expansion?
    Yes, yes it does. This is a complaint about something that happens every single time.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Have you actually played the beta?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    It helps if you consider expansions as completely separate games. Which with boosts, etc. they mostly are.

You go from raiding against world threats to carrying around poop (or whatever) from place to place. It's not really that different conceptually from starting a pen-and-paper RPG scenario/expansion with a set of pre-made characters.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-05-17 at 04:12 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It helps if you consider expansions as completely separate games. Which with boosts, etc. they mostly are.
    Except it isn't.

Feeling the power of 2 legendaries and an artifact weapon and now bitching about losing them making the game less of a faceroll...nothing to see here.