New computer build

I am looking to build a new computer in the near future and wanted some advice.

Here is a sample build I pieced together: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gvZbKB

I know the PSU is overkill for that build but I included that just in case I decide to buy a better GPU if the prices drop.

Another thing that I didn't include is monitor. At the moment I am just using a 24 inch 1080p monitor but have been thinking of upgrading to a 27 inch 1440p monitor and I had some questions on that. How much would I need to bump up the GPU to be able to play (WoW, Diablo 3, Overwatch and other RPG's like The Witcher and Divinity Original Sin) at good frame rates. I'm not really all that knowledgeable about frame rates above the 60 I shoot for on my 1080p setup and this newer G-Sync stuff.

I'm not too fussy about price but I kinda expect to pay around $360-$400 ish for a monitor that I am considering.

Looks decent enough, I would try to get slighly faster 2666 Mhz memory, price should be in the same ballpark.

If you want to play at decent framerates with high settings at 1440p I would advise at least a GTX 1070.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Looks decent enough, I would try to get slighly faster 2666 Mhz memory, price should be in the same ballpark.

If you want to play at decent framerates with high settings at 1440p I would advise at least a GTX 1070.
    Thanks for the reply. I was thinking 1070 or 1070ti if I went with a more high end card and Monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    What's your total budget?
    I would say $1700 if I decide to go with a better GPU. Maybe more I can spend pretty much what I want but i dont really play too many graphically demanding games. So I'm not sure if I want to go too crazy with it.
    Last edited by Shedim; 2018-05-17 at 12:36 PM.