Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    4,704
    While I do think the movie was funny, I just can't thoroughly enjoy anything with fast zombies. It just don't make sense. To me, the farther away a movie strays from Dawn of the Dead rules the worse it gets. Sucks the ultimate zombie movie was done so early...

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    We do how ever still get vampire tv shows and the last underworld was only a few years ago. Not to mention something like twilight is a book series not something to be contuined. We have been having super hero movies for over 10 year now and there still doing amazing because there well made not because of there genre.
    Superhero movies have a much broader appeal and have more staying power because there is so much variety and creativity stemming from that genre

  3. #23
    Immortal Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Superhero movies have a much broader appeal and have more staying power because there is so much variety and creativity stemming from that genre
    I mean we have had 6 spider man movies and there not really adapting the overly creative story’s. You can also do a ton with zombies people just don’t care to try. Something like a live action death troops or dead space movie would be amazing.

  4. #24
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,137
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    And? It has permeated pop culture, show or movie it has been part of "Zombie culture" and aided in the genres fatigue.
    It also doesn't scratch the 'zombie' itch for a lot of fans of the genre because it no longer treats the zombies as a meaningful threat or even the focus of the story. There's no push to understand the origins of the outbreak. It also has a habit of making a character suddenly become reckless/stupid to justify being killed by a zombie every now and then for a 'shocking' death.

    There's also a lot of people who don't even watch TV in the first place, though they do watch movies.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Superhero movies have a much broader appeal and have more staying power because there is so much variety and creativity stemming from that genre
    Superhero stories may be full of creativity and variety, super hero movies, mostly, are not.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Honestly, I think they waited too long. Zombies are so overdone by this point that unless they do something really unique, I just don't see anyone caring anymore.
    I hear this so often but there were only a handful of Zombie movies at the height of the 'craze'.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    While I do think the movie was funny, I just can't thoroughly enjoy anything with fast zombies. It just don't make sense. To me, the farther away a movie strays from Dawn of the Dead rules the worse it gets. Sucks the ultimate zombie movie was done so early...
    The problem with that is then zombies become such a stupid enemy. How the hell could a Romero zombie defeat the US military? Then it just becomes more Day Of The Dead "Humans are the real monsters!" retreading.

  7. #27
    I'd watch it, I'm not suffering from zombie fatigue because honestly I don't watch much zombie related stuff. I enjoyed the first movie and would be interested in seeing a second!
    It's like Blizzard telling me I can't have a steak because there aren't enough cows left, but then tell me I can have as many hamburgers as I could possibly eat. That is exactly their logic with Void Elves which literally leaves no excuse as to why there can't be High Elves.

    https://youtu.be/C2Sr-sadSk4 - Check it out, it's enlightening.

  8. #28
    Zombie fatigue is a myth, no one watches walking dead anymore and the odd few films every decade is hardly spam.

    It will always be a popular genre just like westerns and rom coms

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The problem with that is then zombies become such a stupid enemy. How the hell could a Romero zombie defeat the US military? Then it just becomes more Day Of The Dead "Humans are the real monsters!" retreading.
    It's not about who the zombies can defeat. It's about survival in unorthodox situations. The juxtaposition of bloody horror in an everyday setting. The faster and more violent the zombies become, it's less about the looming threat and decay of society. It becomes either a violent action movie or standard jumpscare horror. The idea of slow zombies trapping a group of survivors in a forsaken corner of the world lends itself to great a great and unique atmosphere. My favorite bits of zombie horror is the exploration, the bloody handprints and destroyed furnature, the broken barricades and bullet holes in the walls. It's the story, left behind from those who came before and failed. You don't really get that same aesthetic with fast zombies. They are pure destruction, and often times, as you say, can challenge even the military, where Romero zombies can't. That often leads to more intense action sequences, which makes a completely different movie.

    But my biggest gripe about fast zombies is...why are they even zombies to begin with? The idea of a classic Romero zombie is ingrained in culture, slow, dumb, but numerous, and it has been even BEFORE the classic of the Dead series. If you are a filmmaker and want fast zombies, why even go with zombies at all to make your monster? To me, a being that can run fast, climb, and think, is exactly the OPPOSITE of what a zombie is. You might as well make a Vampire movie where vampires are plantlike and have to photosynthesize, or one about werewolves where they are bloodthirsty and monstrous in their human forms but playful doggies in the full moon.

  10. #30
    I now want to see a movie with werewolves who are bloodthirsty tyrants but playful doges on the full moon. That's a fucking brilliant idea.

  11. #31
    finally after 10 years!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •