Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, fuck your shitty sarcasm, who would even want more people? And yeah, I suck at sarcasm, sorry. And that isn't why I disagree with wanting the console. I've just had bad experiences from other console communities, and even worse when connected with the term of MMORPG's.
    And I have had a bad experience playing WoW just on PC....

Here is a idea just don't play with shitty people? There is shitty people no matter the platform its on or how many is connected to it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And I have had a bad experience playing WoW just on PC....

Here is a idea just don't play with shitty people? There is shitty people no matter the platform its on or how many is connected to it.
    Doesn't change my opinion among others like some have shared before. This HAS after all been a topic the past what... 6 years? And I still haven't really changed my overall opinion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Its never going to happen because the blizzard doesn't have any control over the servers in their console games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doesn't change my opinion among others like some have shared before. This HAS after all been a topic the past what... 6 years? And I still haven't really changed my overall opinion.
    What exactly would be so wrong with having WoW on console? I'd imagine they would have seperate servers to play on, so it wouldn't affect PC players at all.

People are just too scared of changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

give up.

WoW is never coming to console, too many buttons to consolidate into a controller.

too much reliance on bespoke controllers or third party hardware/software to make cohesive multiplayer a reality.

never. going. to. happen.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    give up.

WoW is never coming to console, too many buttons to consolidate into a controller.

too much reliance on bespoke controllers or third party hardware/software to make cohesive multiplayer a reality.

never. going. to. happen.
    So many wrong in this post that has already been addressed in this TWO PAGE thread.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    What exactly would be so wrong with having WoW on console? I'd imagine they would have seperate servers to play on, so it wouldn't affect PC players at all.

People are just too scared of changes.
    I'm am scared of standardizing the game, and limiting it for a slimline playstyle. We have heard of people playing WoW with a controller, yet many switch over to keyboard and mouse once it is raiding time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So many wrong in this post that has already been addressed in this TWO PAGE thread.
    you cannot map all the key-binds in WoW to a controller without it being ridiculously over-complicated.

so lets break this down so you cretins can understand it, it's also been a while since i've played WoW so might miss a couple.

controller: 12 buttons, D-pad, start select, dual analogue sticks.

analogue sticks, left: movement, right: camera.
    buttons A, B, X, Y (assuming xbox controller): jump, interact, ability 1, ability 2.
    shoulder buttons: ability 3, ability 4, ability 5, ability 6
    D-pad: Character, collections, spellbook, talents
    start: main menu
    select: dungeon journal

that's all the buttons on the controller mapped, technically you could overhaul the UI for console and add all the menu buttons to a UI linked directly to the D-pad.

so far we have 6 abilities. no trinkets, no cooldowns, no tab target, no voice chat, no text chat, no group UI interaction options, no healing UI, no pet ability bar.

then there's things like activated items required for quests, which would need context sensitive prompts for each quest in the game that uses a special item.

you cannot map all the key-binds used in WoW to a controller. it would be too over-complicated, as a developer, it just wouldn't be worth the UI and control overhaul to do it. let alone the licensing requirements to launch on console, the console specific servers you'd need, the quest item redevelopment i mentioned plus many more factors.

so please, tell me again how wrong i am. also, details, actual details - not "it was posted here already" - i went through that shit and it was shit.

edit: spelling and clarity

7+ Year Old Account
    you cannot map all the key-binds in WoW to a controller without it being ridiculously over-complicated.

so lets break this down so you cretins can understand it, it's also been a while since i've played WoW so might miss a couple.

buttons A, B, X, Y (assuming xbox controller): jump, interact, ability 1, ability 2.

that's all the buttons on the controller mapped, technically you could overhaul the UI for console and add all the menu buttons to a UI linked directly to the D-pad.

so far we have 6 abilities. no trinkets, no cooldowns, no tab target, no voice chat, no text chat, no group UI interaction options, no healing UI, no pet ability bar.

then there's things like activated items required for quests, which would need context sensitive prompts for each quest in the game that uses a special item.

you cannot map all the key-binds used in WoW to a controller. it would be too over-complicated, as a developer, it just wouldn't be worth the UI and control overhaul to do it. let alone the licensing requirements to launch on console, the console specific servers you'd need, the quest item redevelopment i mentioned plus many more factors.

so please, tell me again how wrong i am. also, details, actual details - not "it was posted here already" - i went through that shit and it was shit.

FFXIV says Hi

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    Whatever problems wow has itleast it is the most cheat free game around. FF 14 has bots up the wazoo and dont seem to care about all the cheating going on.
    Now how are we suppose to take you serious when you say this.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    FFXIV says Hi
    hi FFXIV!! elite dangerous also says hi

FFXIV != WoW.
    elite dangerous != WoW.

if a game is designed with both console and PC support in mind, it is totally do-able.

when it is not originally designed and developed with consoles in mind, retro-fitting console controls onto a game like WoW it is just not worth it. if it was done from the beginning, it'd already be on consoles.

also, expand your claims with detail. i don't play FFXIV.

also, try and imagine PVP against a PC player from console.

Just hold the shoulder buttons as modifiers for the face buttons.

7+ Year Old Account
    hi FFXIV!! elite dangerous also says hi

FFXIV != WoW.
    elite dangerous != WoW.

if a game is designed with both console and PC support in mind, it is totally do-able.

when it is not originally designed and developed with consoles in mind, retro-fitting console controls onto a game like WoW it is just not worth it. if it was done from the beginning, it'd already be on consoles.

also, expand your claims with detail. i don't play FFXIV.

also, try and imagine PVP against a PC player from console.
    Pretty much exactly what you said is done in FFXIV and FFIXV has way more buttons and even positional requirements for melee jobs. Yet it works perfectly fine. Sure it's more ideal to use keyboard because you have a lot more keys to work with, but just watch someone do a raid using a controller, they are more than capable of performing well at their job. I wouldn't ever use a controller myself, but for those who own a console and want to play an MMORPG, there are options and saying tht it wouldn't work is not true.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    when it is not originally designed and developed with consoles in mind, retro-fitting console controls onto a game like WoW it is just not worth it. if it was done from the beginning, it'd already be on consoles..
    Remapping keys from one to the other isn't that hard though. You can get a program like Keysticks and in 30 minutes or less have it configured for both single and combined keystrokes.

Integrate a software solution to interact with the key customization and you're set.

That's not to say I care about a console version of Warcraft. It's just not as hard as you make it out to be.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-05-17 at 02:12 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    What Sykol said. I already play 5 classes (dps yes) some with hc orange logs with console port addon.

Healing i havent tried, i imagine that being cumbersome with current targetting setup.

It’s way more relaxing and natural than kb/m since it plays like an action 3rd person game. Plus 4k highend TV That beats any monitor in IQ that is currently available on the market all while playing from my couch wirelessly. What’s not to like?
    Last edited by mmoc09d4c6aaa6; 2018-05-17 at 02:14 PM.

Like I said in the other thread.. you can use keyboard and mouse on most modern consoles.. its usually just the game program itself that doesn't allow it at times (and it can be worked around as well). I can plug a wireless mouse and keyboard combo into my PS4 and navigate the menus easily. So *if* WoW was moved to consoles they could just as easily allow it or even sale the damn things as accessories. I still don't think its likely only because of large install sizes / not really the console markets type of thing / older game / MMOs are kind of the old news these days / and I am sure there are a lot of other good reasons. But since you can use a mouse and keyboard and since Blizzard *if they made it for consoles* control scheme / communication wouldn't be impossible to conceive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Just hold the shoulder buttons as modifiers for the face buttons.
    well done you've just removed 2 of your action buttons.

also, i just realised movement on analogue sticks would be shit, here's why.

WoW has 6 movement direction buttons, forward, back, turn left, turn right, strafe left, strafe right. Analogue sticks would only support turn and run, eliminating strafe. unless you bind strafe to left/right on the control stick, which then means you can only ever run in the direction the camera is facing, which won't work. so you are either limited by turning based movement, or limited in camera freedom.

that's a big detail as far as gameplay is concerned. especially as most raiders switch key-binds for rotate and strafe and use right click to move the camera.

the amount of key modifiers you would have to learn would make the already steep learning curve for new players, even steeper for new console players. the only people that would bother are those who already play on PC. so whats the point?

i'm not saying that it's impossible to make a console port. it can technically be done, but it'd be shit, barely anyone would play it and the development cost to produce it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to please a very small minority.

keep telling me FFXIV can do it and i'll keep telling you: if a game is designed with both console and PC support in mind, it is totally do-able.

when it is not originally designed and developed with consoles in mind, retro-fitting console controls onto a game like WoW is just not worth it.
    Last edited by smokii; 2018-05-17 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    Dude read my post above. You’re talking about things you dont actually know.

Alteady playing 5 dps classes on xbox controller since legion start with orange logs in hc on some of them. And thats without a blizzard redesign for controller support like in diablo3, just an addon.

Works better than m/kb in most cases, for dps classes at least. Small inconvinience on targetted skills like blizzard etc but doable with practice. Hunter ez, mage ez, lock medium diff cause of multitargetting, dh ez, rogue ez.

You also have strafe on left stick, right is ‘mouse look’.
    Last edited by mmoc09d4c6aaa6; 2018-05-17 at 02:43 PM.

All the ability pruning makes sense now, reduce it all so that it can function on a PS4 Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by skillol210 View Post
    Dude read my post above. You’re talking about things you dont actually know.
    have i, or have i not asked for more detail multiple times? which nobody responding actually wants to detail

by played classes - in what capacity do you mean? levelling content? dungeons? raids? pvp?

you've only done it as dps - do you not think if it was to be launched for console, all specs would have to be viable? in fact, all aspects of gameplay would have to be viable, otherwise what little console community might exist is would be up in arms over it - you've met the WoW community, right?

nothing you have said so far actually contradicts my claims that it'd be a pointless, expensive development for blizzard to embark upon that is just not worth it. thus, never going to happen.

again, it's not technically impossible, it's just not worth the effort of back-porting for the handful of players that'd want to play it on console, who probably already own it on pc anyways, as new player numbers are practically in the negative.
    Last edited by smokii; 2018-05-17 at 02:50 PM.