Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    FFXIV is a hotkey MMO just like WoW.
    But its still not Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    But its still not Wow.
    Ok and? It still plays just like WoW, Do u not know what a hotkey mmo is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You can plug a mouse and keyboard into a console. People do it for FF14. You clearly aren't looking for proper answers though, so I doubt this will go anywhere.
    Fun fact.

When PS3 was around for it your only choice was actually controller for that system.

Keyboard did work but was limited to crap like chat.

Although lot more issues than that when the PS3 version was still a thing.

I know what hotkey mmo is and that's not the point I was making when you quoted my reply to someone else.

we will see but i doubt it

Yes, but its still very different how its built up from the ground. Everything is heavly instanced with loading screens for every zoon, meanwhile in wow you can run around all of kalimdor without a single loading screen, the GCD timer is way slower in final fantasy which helps alot when playing on a console with controller. Blizzard would have alot of work to do to fix wow for console thats for sure

Deleted
    Couldn't the game on console just be essentially like the countless other console games that have communication over headsets? Although I'm sure Blizzard could easily make a chat emote system that can communicate a lot of basic stuff. Just use that touchpad idea I mentioned earlier in the thread. Could just touch the right side of the pad to bring up a radial menu, then you move towards the chat option you want and click.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tera would love to have a word with you. Or Black Desert.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is horribly optimized even on high end PCs, I have no idea how hard it would be to optimize for a console but I imagine it's basically an impossibility. The game can't even handle 40 man raid in a city without massive spell delay and lag. I guess the engine is simply too old to be updated like modern MMOs such as GW2, FF14 and ESO where I don't lag with ridiculous amounts of ppl on screen and way higher spell effects.

If they ever make a WoW2 it will probably be on console but you gotta build that shit from the ground up with it in mind. I'm surprise GW2 isn't on console since it's a much better candidate. The amount of buttons wouldn't matter just look at FF14 it has more than WoW now.. plays fine on controller, even if inferior to M&K. Targeting and pvp probably would be a huge issue for WoW on console.

Quote Originally Posted by eleccybubb View Post
    name one mmo with a sub that swapped models solely because it was on console.

Also most online multiplayer on consoles is gated behind a subscription fee. While not the developers it's still a monthly cost coming out of your pocket.
    eso .

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    People who claim it's technically impossible to put WoW on consoles are of course wrong. Everything is possible with some adjustments and concessions. For example, all targetable aoes could just be dropped below the character - problem solved. Targetting people for healing? Just make healers locked into the raid frames while in raid - problem solved. Etc.

The issue is there's really no point in converting wow into this subpar console version and I doubt many people would actually play it there.
    That works for LFR, but that isn't good enough for mythic.

It would reset us back into the age of vanilla and worse, where most players had no idea how to even install addons, let alone use them properly and actually outperform themselves.

You get any top PvE player from the present, whether it is mythic raiding or M+, put them on a controller and see how they do. Not enough keybinds, no easy way to go through keybinds, no easy mouseover macros and so much more. If they actually used a keyboard and mouse, then it'd work.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It would reset us back into the age of vanilla and worse, where most players had no idea how to even install addons, let alone use them properly and actually outperform themselves.

You get any top PvE player from the present, whether it is mythic raiding or M+, put them on a controller and see how they do. Not enough keybinds, no easy way to go through keybinds, no easy mouseover macros and so much more. If they actually used a keyboard and mouse, then it'd work.
    The keybind shit really needs to die in a fire. you have 8 face buttons for use, holding LT gives access to one set of 8 RT another set for 16, double tapping LT another 8 for 24, RT another 8 for 32, Holding RT and the LT another 8 for 40, and LT to RT another 8 for 48. Add to that easy bar swapping with tapping RB and you have just as many, EASY TO ACCESS keybinds as you do on a keyboard.

I don't use 48 buttons in wow, I can assure of you of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The keybind shit really needs to die in a fire. you have 8 face buttons for use, holding LT gives access to one set of 8 RT another set for 16, double tapping LT another 8 for 24, RT another 8 for 32, Holding RT and the LT another 8 for 40, and LT to RT another 8 for 48. Add to that easy bar swapping with tapping RB and you have just as many, EASY TO ACCESS keybinds as you do on a keyboard.

I don't use 48 buttons in wow, I can assure of you of that...
    I'm not saying you need them all, but you certainly do need more buttons than the ones controllers provide you with. Controller keybinds could be a thing I guess, but how that would work out is a mystery.

I'm not saying you need them all, but you certainly do need more buttons than the ones controllers provide you with. Controller keybinds could be a thing I guess, but how that would work out is a mystery.
    It's not a mystery at all, that's exactly how it works in ffxiv, a game with far more rotational abilities than wow.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healing wouldn't be that hard. The PS4 controller actually has a touchpad that would work easy enough for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not a mystery at all, that's exactly how it works in ffxiv, a game with far more rotational abilities than wow.
    What I mean is how well it would resonate with a playerbase used to a keyboard and a mouse, meaning whether anyone playing it on PC would rather play it on console. Console players that do not have a PC that they play games on are basically the only targeted group; they should naturally not be too motivated when it comes to WoW.

What I mean is how well it would resonate with a playerbase used to a keyboard and a mouse, meaning whether anyone playing it on PC would rather play it on console. Console players that do not have a PC that they play games on are basically the only targeted group; they should naturally not be too motivated when it comes to WoW.
    You'd be surprised, I honestly haven't played a console game in years, like 8+ and I vastly prefer controller for mmos, I'd love official controller support for wow, won't happen, but I'd love it. And if they could get the full ffxiv cross play treatment they'd definitely get some console interest

Why not work with console makers, and provide a keyboard that can be synced with console? Or include it with the game. A lot of people don't have PC's anymore.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Yes, and BFA got built in voice chat as well. For parties and instances. When you join or create a group a popup in the corner comes up and asks if you want to join party voice chat and when you join an instance a similar popup comes up asking if you want to join instance voice chat.
    Have you tried to use it, how is it? Someone in my guild mentioned BfA has voice and the general consensus was sneer and derision because the last attempt was so abysmally bad. There was literally noone going "yeah let's try it".