Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    People are stupid. I truly ask myself how they see WoWs targeting system, hotkey management and menu systems panning out on consoles.

I don't see why this would be a problem, if I could delete my chat box I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    People are stupid. I truly ask myself how they see WoWs targeting system, hotkey management and menu systems panning out on consoles.
    You can play with a controller on live and still be terrible, I don't see the issue.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'm not saying you need them all, but you certainly do need more buttons than the ones controllers provide you with. Controller keybinds could be a thing I guess, but how that would work out is a mystery.
    A controller can actually be more than just its physical buttons, thanks to software. You can make each button have a different function when normally pressed, held down, double pressed, released, or when a different button is held. Also, that trackpad on a ps4 controller could easily make use of radial menus for lots of extra hotkeys. Tap on one side of it and a hotkey Ui could pop-up on screen and you can navigate it to select between a lot of different secondary hotkeys.

Anyone that makes an argument about a lack of buttons must not know about the software available that can push controllers beyond their number of physical buttons in functionality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chat is so 2017, voice is the new thing..

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    eso .
    Went B2P before it even launched on consoles due to the quality of the game since launch. Not because of the systems it was on.

Try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am curious, how would macros and addons work in a console version of WoW?
    Addons would probably be built into the game as normal features. Or the game would just generally have better Ui controls than PC. And I'm sure they could add some sort of menu to build macros. But then again that'd be effort on Blizzard's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

You can play with a controller on live and still be terrible, I don't see the issue.
    And you can play CoD on a console with a guitar hero controller; doesn't mean it's what the game was designed for.

I seriously doubt that WoW would ever go to consoles. The team likely has far better uses for their time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Con....trol....ler? O.0
    Mous.....e and....key....board......
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And you can play CoD on a console with a guitar hero controller; doesn't mean it's what the game was designed for.

I seriously doubt that WoW would ever go to consoles. The team likely has far better uses for their time.
    Can't use a mouse and keyboard on a console?

Wait... You can..

Tapping the console market of game sales and MAU's sounds like an excellent use of time.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I feel like this isn't the right place to have this discussion, there's too much bias here to really have any meaningful talks here about this subject.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2018-05-21 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Have you tried to use it, how is it? Someone in my guild mentioned BfA has voice and the general consensus was sneer and derision because the last attempt was so abysmally bad. There was literally noone going "yeah let's try it".
    No, I haven't tried it. The players I did meet in dungeons that used it said it works fine, just like the voice chat in for example Overwatch. You just press the join button and it's all fine. It's not meant to replace Discord or other third-party services for guilds and friends, it's there to help for example a PUG mythic+ group talk in voice without giving out their Discord details etc.

Yes, their first try at it was a joke, but it was also many years ago and they have learned a thing or two from voice chat in Overwatch.