Thread: Racials in BfA

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

Racials in BfA

With Humans still being the go-to for racials in PvP, and blood elves being the most viable on horde in many cases, what happens when 8.0 drops? Blood elves are being gutted in terms of racial, with arcane torrent no longer being an interrupt, so what will the go-to race be? Will orc, with stun resist now be the defacto horde race?

What do the new allied races offer that could the place of BE or traditional Orc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    With Humans still being the go-to for racials in PvP, and blood elves being the most viable on horde in many cases, what happens when 8.0 drops? Blood elves are being gutted in terms of racial, with arcane torrent no longer being an interrupt, so what will the go-to race be? Will orc, with stun resist now be the defacto horde race?

What do the new allied races offer that could the place of BE or traditional Orc?
    Orcs will be the new "humans" in BFA. HM Tauren will also be very strong and trolls with +20% haste.
    For alliance: We don't know Kul'tiran racial, but the dark iron Dwarves and Velf will have the best alliance racials for now, but still worst than the horde ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    Orcs will be the new "humans" in BFA. HM Tauren will also be very strong and trolls with +20% haste.
    Relentless does not stack anymore with Hardiness in BfA.

Altough quite a few stuns are being removed, such as binding shot and Mind bomb.
    The fact that every AoE stun is also being nerfed down to 3 sec at most also reduces the power of hardiness.

But i would still consider it a good racial.

But Dark Iron Dwarves will be decent, they basically receive Stoneform + Primary Stat, and receive additional primary stats for each buff removed.
    So if you're fighting some heavy dot / debuff class and use Fireblood, massive Int / Str / Agi boost incoming.

About HM Tauren i am not too sure, the charge is nice but can also backfire a bit, if you want to stun your target as Melee you basically charge away from your target, War Stomp might be plain better in this situation.
    As caster you obviously stun the target and get away, but you're also not doing anything for like a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Relentless does not stack anymore with Hardiness in BfA.

Altough quite a few stuns are being removed, such as binding shot and Mind bomb.
    The fact that every AoE stun is also being nerfed down to 3 sec at most also reduces the power of hardiness.
    Even without Relentless and Hardiness stacking, it is still going to be the best racial, in my opinion.

There are enough single target stuns, like kidney shot, asphyxiate, and hammer of justice, where Hardiness will still shave an entire second or more off the duration. Maybe not as powerful as it was in Legion, but compared to Every Man for Himself, which got gutted, it is still really strong.

I wish that Blizzard would redesign Spatial Rift. It's just not very useful. In fact, it's not even worth the GCD to use the ability.

I know some of u will go nuts after you read the following but i think they should change WotF to be similar to how the human racial functions except it should break incapacitate effects instead.

If anything the forsaken racials could use some love.

Deleted
    Hey, dudes, a returning player is asking for your expertise

Is there a Horde racial which is a clear winner for a Warrior? I consider going a some classical beefy Tauren.

? Arcane Torrent 8.0.1 Build 26714 Remove 1 beneficial effect : Can you remove some fancy stuff as Divine Shield? O.o Probably it's too much to ask tho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post

Is there a Horde racial which is a clear winner for a Warrior? I consider going a some classical beefy Tauren.

? Arcane Torrent 8.0.1 Build 26714 Remove 1 beneficial effect : Can you remove some fancy stuff as Divine Shield? O.o Probably it's too much to ask tho
    I leveled a Highmountain tauren warrior to pvp with. As others have pointed out if you use it in melee range you will charge away from the target but its ok, you just charge right back. So its more used like an extra interrupt than a classic stun.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Blood elves are being gutted in terms of racial, with arcane torrent no longer being an interrupt,
    I'd hardly call it "gutted" considering that it will also gain the ability to dispel one magic buff from all enemies within 8 yards. AoE dispel, you call that 'weak'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'd hardly call it "gutted" considering that it will also gain the ability to dispel one magic buff from all enemies within 8 yards. AoE dispel, you call that 'weak'?
    Except it won't also dispel, it will only dispel, instead of interrupting. Which is more than fine for a racial ability, interrupt was way too overpowered
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

90s cd dispel on classes that already have one is an awful racial. Sad considering blood elves are thematically mostly casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Except it won't also dispel, it will only dispel, instead of interrupting. Which is more than fine for a racial ability, interrupt was way too overpowered
    Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it wasn't going to lose its interrupt/silencing mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post
    90s cd dispel on classes that already have one is an awful racial. Sad considering blood elves are thematically mostly casters.
    Sorry that i sound aggressive but why are you so fucking entitled for your purges? Do you have a shaman running around you 24/7? Or an ability that removes, say, a combustion from a fire mage you fight with is shit? I mean, yeah, it's shit compared to interrupt, but anyone who thought that it was balanced is just blind or clueless.

Speaking of PvE, as a player of a class that can purge - there are plenty of shit to purge in M+, it will be as good as interrupt (if not better) to have someone purge dozen of shields or "50% chance to avoid ability" buffs in AoE.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Belf is still going to be really good on some classes in certain situations. Purging off a BoP as a warrior for example can win you a match right there. We've yet to see zandalari and kul'tiran racials, maybe they will be decent. Shadowmeld is a great racial in the right hands. Especially useful for stealth classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Compared to many other races? Yes, that is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Sorry that i sound aggressive but why are you so fucking entitled for your purges? Do you have a shaman running around you 24/7? Or an ability that removes, say, a combustion from a fire mage you fight with is shit? I mean, yeah, it's shit compared to interrupt, but anyone who thought that it was balanced is just blind or clueless.

Speaking of PvE, as a player of a class that can purge - there are plenty of shit to purge in M+, it will be as good as interrupt (if not better) to have someone purge dozen of shields or "50% chance to avoid ability" buffs in AoE.
    Not sure what you're going on about. Just saying my BE priest effectively will have no racials beyond 1% crit. Even in the incredibly obscure situation that an AoE dispel is useful, mass dispel still exists. I would take any other races set of racials for mage/lock/priest over BE in BfA by a landslide.

Deleted
    Not sure what you're going on about. Just saying my BE priest effectively will have no racials beyond 1% crit. Even in the incredibly obscure situation that an AoE dispel is useful, mass dispel still exists. I would take any other races set of racials for mage/lock/priest over BE in BfA by a landslide.
    Pretty crap for SP idd, but will still be off GCD so can BE racial -> Kick Divine Favor and such, for most other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Please elaborate. I would like to read your comparison.
    How a 4 second sleep on GCD and 2 min CD even compares to an AoE interrupt? If anything, it looks similar to other passives (minus Orcs and Trolls, they are obvious contenders for being "gutted" in one form or another).

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    The AOE dispel will be far and away the most powerful racial ability for M+

10+ Year Old Account
    Why your BE priest won't have a racial exactly?
    Not every group has access to mass dispel, and BE passive works as mass purge. This racial is still very useful in situations where it's needed, interrupt was way overpowered in this regard, there was no other racial with this kind of impact in whole game.
    It's racial abilities, they shouldn't be game breakers, they should have their situational uses and interrupt is hardly a "situational" ability, like, say, a fear dispel, or snare/root dispel, or 20% over time heal.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-06-06 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I leveled a Highmountain tauren warrior to pvp with. As others have pointed out if you use it in melee range you will charge away from the target but its ok, you just charge right back. So its more used like an extra interrupt than a classic stun.
    Thanks. HM Tauren surely looks very appealing for a Warrior. The moose horns are a bit lame in looks but there are definitely solid racials