Thread: Racials in BfA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    but the dark iron Dwarves and Velf will have the best alliance racials for now, but still worst than the horde ones.
    Dark Iron dwarf racial is overpowered, compared with the orc's one.

lvl 110 on beta. Orc gives 99 AP/Sp for like 16 seconds.

D.i.D gives 231 Primary stat (ea primary gives 2 ap/sp) = 482 AP
    + removing Curse, magic, bleed, poison and diseases and gives + 77 primary stats (154 each...)
    ..it give a load of a burst. And still in pvp that can remove a root, and cancel a Lock burst ( 'cus it remove curse, they are not dispelled) but the burst last 8 seconds

So Dark Iron dwarf in the alliance will be the race to go if you loot for racials on the alliance, and that's what I'll play...'cus I wanted to be a dark iron dwarf since Wotlk plus adding hair on fire, it's all +++

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    but the dark iron Dwarves and Velf will have the best alliance racials for now, but still worst than the horde ones.
    I'd say false here, because the dark Iron dwarf will be overpowered.

Orc racial will give(At level 110) 99 AP/SP for 16 sec( I'd need to double check this one)

Dark iron dwarf will give (at level 110) 231 Primary stat + 77 for each effects removed (saying that D.i.D racial remove poison, disease, curse, magic and bleed effect)
    A primary stat give basically 2 AP for each stat...do the maths, it become a huge burst. but last for 8 seconds, and can be easily countered in pvp...Though in pvp the removing effect is still very versatile, able to remove roots, curses from a lock, counter a rogues burst is still awesome...So for the alliance I'd so go Dark Iron dwarf...

That's what I'm going anyway as I wanted to play one since Wotlk And beard/hair on fire, Hell yes !

Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post
    Not sure what you're going on about. Just saying my BE priest effectively will have no racials beyond 1% crit. Even in the incredibly obscure situation that an AoE dispel is useful, mass dispel still exists. I would take any other races set of racials for mage/lock/priest over BE in BfA by a landslide.
    Saying aoe dispel isnt that good because mass dispel exists is like saying interrupt was bad because literally every melee can interrupt a spell cast.

Mass dispel doesnt make new belf racial weak wtf. And old arcane torrent wasnt even that great in pvp, it was mostly nerfed because of its M+ power (sure, it was one of the best pvp racials but it was never a clear winner, pvp community just loves to exaggerate on racial superiority). In some scenarios well timed arcane torrent could win a game, but so can dwarf form or war stomp (or extra instant purge, for that matter).

Except interrupts have cooldowns, so having access to arcane torrent + kick/spell lock/silence/whatever was useful for extra lockdown.

Dispel magic, and spellsteal have no cooldowns. Mass dispel is only 15s CD, and how often do you need it more than that, when you still can use dispel magic in the mean time?

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    With Humans still being the go-to for racials in PvP, and blood elves being the most viable on horde in many cases, what happens when 8.0 drops? Blood elves are being gutted in terms of racial, with arcane torrent no longer being an interrupt, so what will the go-to race be? Will orc, with stun resist now be the defacto horde race?

What do the new allied races offer that could the place of BE or traditional Orc?
    If I played Alliance I would be more attracted to the racials on Dwarfs and DI Dwarfs, being able to remove silence, roots, a full stack of dots is much more flexible than the ability to use a second stun break 30 seconds earlier. Hell you might not even gain an extra stun break overall depending on how long the game lasts and how often you're forced to trinket/emfh.

For Horde, people will be much more free to pick based on personal preference knowing none of the racials are OP in pvp anymore. Arcane Torrent will still be desirable for classes than don't have a spammable purge or any purge for that matter. Warriors might actually have a chance to beat a ret pala? Who knows.

Last time I checked on beta, some allied races (Nightborne, Voidelf, maybe more) still have their racials on the GCD. It would be nice if they could be removed from the GCD to be in line with all other racials, makes them very unappealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post
    Except interrupts have cooldowns, so having access to arcane torrent + kick/spell lock/silence/whatever was useful for extra lockdown.

Dispel magic, and spellsteal have no cooldowns. Mass dispel is only 15s CD, and how often do you need it more than that, when you still can use dispel magic in the mean time?
    MD is 45 second CD in BfA. Though you're still right about the purge being less valuable for mages/priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    The AOE dispel will be far and away the most powerful racial ability for M+
    Which is ironic given it was changed originally because of M+.

The AoE dispel is going to be underrated for a while until people figure out that it isn't weak haha.

Deleted
    Any idea if the Worgen racial could be soon reviewed? It seems pretty average, maybe even sub for most classes.

Deleted
    @Damulus giving maths won't change peoples opinions from my experience.

People used to completely ignore the fact that orcs blood fury only gave 345ap in wod for example when trying to justify emfh imbalance. It was the equivilent of mop trinket benefit or level 92 leveling trinkets vs humans getting an extra level 100 epic pvp trinket.

Or goblin rocket barrage for example did 2000 dmg at level 100

They didn't want to know the math because it disproves their opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    @Damulus giving maths won't change peoples opinions from my experience.

People used to completely ignore the fact that orcs blood fury only gave 345ap in wod for example when trying to justify emfh imbalance. It was the equivilent of mop trinket benefit or level 92 leveling trinkets vs humans getting an extra level 100 epic pvp trinket.

Or goblin rocket barrage for example did 2000 dmg at level 100

They didn't want to know the math because it disproves their opinion.
    That’s a fact, normaly i don’t do maths myself but for d.i.d I though that it worth the time
    Especialy when someone is looking for the « best » orc are still op for hardiness, emfh is still ok, i better have have an other anti-stun other then a..sprint or anything in pvp...just what I was saying is that D.I.D are a race to be considered because their racial is very powerful