Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you use sheep(polymorph)?

I can't remember the last time I used sheep, some time in cataclysm maybe(most likely later, just can't remember). I almost exclusively used it for pvp, but I don't do that anymore.

I saw the tomes on the first page and really want the polymorph bumblebee, but then I thought when will I used it and I couldn't think of anything outside pvp.

Almost forgot I had the spell, same with fear btw, can't remember last time I had need for it.

In what situations do you currently use sheep?

Have you used it much in Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used it while questing at lower gear levels when there's a group of mobs I don't want to fight all at once. Elites too, since I can Sheep a nearby enemy that would otherwise chomp on my bum.

Its also useful for patrols in dungeons since Sheeping one will typically cause the whole group to pause their movement. Its not a huge benefit, but I've found it useful at times.

Its mandatory in Arcane's mage tower.

I use it anytime I don't want to fight something right away, but can't avoid pulling it. I don't PvP, so I can't comment on its usefulness there.

pvp its used all the time, I mean why wouldnt you want a 2vs1 scenerio!

pve it hasnt been used since BC - some say high mythics its used, but it has to be well coordinated as most of the areas in m+ except Azhara are close quarters, nothing like having a sheep and .3 seconds later a DH eyebeams your sheep..

I exclusively use polymorph sheep when I am crittermorphing on my mage. This is because sheep only appear naturally in a handful of zones, so seeing random sheep covering zones that they shouldn't be in feels highly amusing to me -- obvious signs that a mage was up to mischief -- as opposed to making them cats or something.

When it comes to dungeons, I almost never need to use crowd control (though I still try now and then), but when I do, it usually isn't sheep.

Edit: We're talking about polymorph's sheep version as opposed to other versions, right? Or are we talking about polymorph in general? Because I use polymorph almost every time I see a critter. I just don't need much crowd control in dungeons... I still occasionally make use of it while soloing or elsewhere, and it's still an outstanding way to dismount a player in PvP.

ive used sheep maybe once in the past 2 years. as a cc ability its garbage. get too close to the already sheeped mob and you get in combat which defeats the purpose in m+, and it wanders around instead of sitting still like a sap so its dangerous.

I love using CC on any character that has it.

Unfortunately, most of the time it's immediately followed by a Tank leaping or charging in and breaking cc, then blaming it on a dps.

#lostwowarts

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I can't remember the last time I used sheep, some time in cataclysm maybe(most likely later, just can't remember). I almost exclusively used it for pvp, but I don't do that anymore.

I saw the tomes on the first page and really want the polymorph bumblebee, but then I thought when will I used it and I couldn't think of anything outside pvp.

Almost forgot I had the spell, same with fear btw, can't remember last time I had need for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in PvE (except on a couple overpulls in mythic dungeons). Haven't found a need to CC outside of stuns or interrupts/pseudo-interrupts since Cataclysm before Firelands.

Still useful in PvP even though there are far too many abilities (especially passives) to break it now and it seems everyone has splash/cleave damage in their single target abilities that break it anyway.

If you sheep a mob does it come and agro you after? I'm pretty sure it does. Makes it kind of shit compared to monksap/dhprison.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    If you sheep a mob does it come and agro you after? I'm pretty sure it does. Makes it kind of shit compared to monksap/dhprison.
    Only if you get in range of it. I routinely sheep the wandering dryad in DHT before the double keeper pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Only if you get in range of it. I routinely sheep the wandering dryad in DHT before the double keeper pack.
    Eh so it half works. Trap, Sap, Imprison, and Paralyse don't agro if you get near the cc'd mob.

That is kind of annoying.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Eh so it half works. Trap, Sap, Imprison, and Paralyse don't agro if you get near the cc'd mob.

That is kind of annoying.
    Trap does, but they can FD after the fact. I believe Paralyze does as well but I haven't done many M+ on the monk.

I use sheep constantly in PvP and quite often in PvE. Aside from the obvious PvP, I use sheep as a castable interrupt in Mythic+/Open World/Argus. Since mobs are taking constant damage, the sheep interrupts the cast and then gets broken instantly. There's also a mob or two that can be immune to interrupts but a sheep will still stop the cast from happening. Really useful in that regard. There's also a couple mobs/bosses in Mythic+/Greater Invasions/Broken Isles/Shore/Argus that Mind Control, so sheep comes in handy with those times. It also has uses like in DHT to stop the Dryad from patrolling, and it's the same in Neltharion's Lair with the basilisk patrol. At higher Mythic+ I'll use them at times to alleviate pressure for a tank or healer, especially if it's skittish/teeming/necrotic. You can also use sheep to stop various mobs from charging/leaping. The rare opportunity to sheep a friendly target to heal them up can happen, too. There's probably more I'm not remembering at the moment, but you get the point.

All the time in M+

I have several macros for different targets to poly in arena so yeah it's incredibly valuable for PvP.

Sometimes I use it when there's a mispull or something

If you don't use poly then your missing out. It's extremely useful when in open world and you sheep one of the mobs to turn a situation in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post

Maybe heroics in cata. Couldnt use it in the MT for fire, because everything is demons. I might have used it for the mythics i did at the beginning of the expansion. Sucks, because I have every variant of it.

sheep is the primary reason to bring a mage in any PvP format

now for PvE? it's moved past that point, that's no secret

10+ Year Old Account
    In dungeons. And on critters, because i firmly believe that a cat looks better than a fish in the lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    No, I use Monkey.