All purpose battle pet team

I just started getting into pet battles and want to know what pets I should go for to basically complete most if not all battles, tournies, WQ etc. Ideally I'd like to limit it to 10 pets to start with.

I looked at the wowhead guide of 10 must have pets but apparently it's outdated with some nerfs and moves shuffled around to limit certain combinations, such as with the Pandaren Water Spirit.

Also any tips for levelling (mind you I have literally started battle pets within the last week so I have no trainers and level ups / whatever) pets at a decent pace? I a guildie of mine suggested a place in Vale of Eternal Blossoms near a trainer I can heal res quick and can usually get 1 - 25 in 30 - 45 min?

Over the past couple days, all I've seen is Terroclaw hatchling with one of the undead haunters (ghastly kid, unborn valkyr, wicked soul) with like an anubisath idol or a mechanical pandaren dragonling to round it out

Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    Over the past couple days, all I've seen is Terroclaw hatchling with one of the undead haunters (ghastly kid, unborn valkyr, wicked soul) with like an anubisath idol or a mechanical pandaren dragonling to round it out
    Haha the Anubisath Idol and Teroclaw Hatchling were the first 2 I got to 25, cheers.

Deleted
    Nether Faerie Dragon is quite versatile.
    You should look at what's needed to battle the draenei kid in wod shadowmoon valley. Maybe nothing.
    She has an elekk plushie so it's some really easy daily exp and some tokens.

Kun Lai Runt, Anubisath Idol, and Blighthawk is my all-purpose squad. The Idol for soaking, the Runt to force switches and generally carry, and the Blighthawk to come in and mop up what's left.

This site has a ranking of all-time general best pets.
    https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/top-twenty/

It's slightly outdated but most of them I would agree with.

The thing is, if you're going for achievements in pet battles, and different challenges, a general team won't cut it. You need some very specific ones for many of the fights.

Also any tips for levelling (mind you I have literally started battle pets within the last week so I have no trainers and level ups / whatever) pets at a decent pace? I a guildie of mine suggested a place in Vale of Eternal Blossoms near a trainer I can heal res quick and can usually get 1 - 25 in 30 - 45 min?
    Wait for pet battle WQ with pet charms as a reward (the highest it can go is 20). Then do that WQ on all your alts, send the pet charms to your main, buy ultimate training stones with that. Additionally, there are 2-pet strategies for many of these trainers, so you can level something alongside the WQs.

I have 198 pets at max level thanks to that method. You can always make them into rares the same way.

PS. Of course if you're just starting, you will have to grind a couple the regular way. It doesn't take that long really.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-05-19 at 03:14 PM.