Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Alliance Kul Tiran Female Edit

First of all, this is NOT another complaint thread about the Kul Tiran females being too big or fat.

Some of you may have already noticed my edits from my previous thread. Many interesting thoughts and ideas were discussed and seeing how much is the KT female model still relevant and that many people are not happy about it, I am creating a separate thread purely for the edits I’ve made.

Soon after the discussion began, I found out that I actually don’t have an actual problem with the KT female body, but with the faces.

While the male face screamed personality, the female version lacked any and showed no depth at all. Some aditional features were later added, but the face remained basically the same. I also don’t think the face matches the male face in any way.

My main problem is, that in comparison with their male counterpart, the face of the Kul Tiran female looks very dull and with a very little effort put in to their creation. The skin looks too smooth and has almost no texture, eyes are way too big and most important - the female looks nothing like a woman who works all day at the docks or fights the monsters.

To me, she looks like a cross between a Barbie and a slightly overweight disney princess. Sadly, there’s nothing fierce about her and not even a blind eye and a big scar can change or save that.

I've tried and tweeted the game devs and designers several times and actually got a shoutout from WoW's senior game designer Owen Landgren. Please, support the tweet with your like, retweet or a comment if you like the actual edits. Don't forget to mention @WarcraftDevs and hopefully we can still make some difference!

I have a topic on the official EU forums HERE. Thanks to @Nurasu I've had another on the US forums as well, but it was deleted when the beta arrived.

Of course that you have every right to like the original faces better. You are welcome to share your opinion. I will be glad to hear it.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

You are wise to be cutting shots to show only the chest area.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are wise to be cutting shots to show only the chest area.
    I know the first post is quite long and that you probably didn't read it, but I've specified that I did just the face edits. Of course the body could use some additional work too. I think it's inconsistent with the male one and should be closer to something like this:

I still see the faces as a bigger problem though and that's why I included just faces.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

this guy gets it..... MAKE THEM LOOK ALIKE(male and female) AND CLOSER TO VYRKUL! stocky and big not a landwhale like blizzard did......

Wow, no joke I actually really like that edit. While I'm already a fan of female kul tirans and plan to play one myself (a druid, duh) I much prefer your design. The current one, oddly enough, has what feels to me like facial baby fat and an out-of-shape body, which contrasts in a bizarre way against the "fit-fat" males with their fat but burly and heavy-set builds.

I really hope Blizzard sees this. I want kul tiran females to be heavy-set and serious-looking and lose a lot of the facial fat. More serious/rugged faces please for the love of god.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll finally have a race more rarely played than Dwarf Female.

Face edits look decent but seeing as how they won't even fix the eyes of Nightborne, Kul'tiran Female getting any attention is unlikely. Shame too, would play one if not for how completely uninteresting they currently look.
    Butts.

Great work! Much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm cool with them being fat.
    what strikes me as odd is how muscular their shoulders and biceps are.

their faces indeed look very stupid.
    and i dont mean it as a general insult, they look mentally retarded.
    like they're about to drool.

i like the one on the right. edited by the OP i think?
    but personalyl i would pick something in the middle. not too naive and not too angry.

also, the males need a full-beard option for sure.
    and a buzz-cut hairstyle would also we nice.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-05-18 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I know the first post is quite long and that you probably didn't read it, but I've specified that I did just the face edits. Of course the body could use some additional work too. I think it's inconsistent with the male one and should be closer to something like this: ...
    I did read it and I like your edit of the model (the body) WAY better than the original model. My point was that the original models are ugly (and yes, fat; and your edit has much less fat, that's a big part of why I like it more).

PS: I like your edit of the face as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    We'll finally have a race more rarely played than Dwarf Female.

Face edits look decent but seeing as how they won't even fix the eyes of Nightborne, Kul'tiran Female getting any attention is unlikely. Shame too, would play one if not for how completely uninteresting they currently look.
    I still have my fingers crossed on these eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i'm cool with them being fat.
    what strikes me as odd is how muscular their shoulders and biceps are.

their faces indeed look very stupid.
    and i dont mean it as a general insult, they look mentally retarded.
    like they're about to drool.

also, the males need a full-beard option for sure.
    and a buzz-cut hairstyle would also we nice.
    Right? Like they were just hypnotized by a faceless one and permanently damaged on brain. OK, I have to stop being mean!

10+ Year Old Account
    A big improvement. Good job!

When I see those pics I think of them saying, "ME wan't snoo snoo!"

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I did read it and I like your edit of the model (the body) WAY better than the original model. My point was that the original models are ugly (and yes, fat; and your edit has much less fat, that's a big part of why I like it more).

PS: I like your edit of the face as well.
    I understand, don't get me wrong. And I would be okay even if you didn't liked the edits. It's just that I didn't really touched the body (until now) well other than putting the head and the shoulders a little bit higher than they were on the original model.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's a good middle ground i think.
    dont judge, i'm no photoshop expert :P
    https://imgur.com/a/QQxFRb6

Blizzard went out of their way to give KT females negative ass. They are following an agenda, not trying to make them likable/realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    grants you brought em on par with female dwarfs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    Blizzard went out of their way to give KT females negative ass. They are following an agenda, not trying to make them likable/realistic.
    But look how good they look in leggins.. uh I mean plate armor.

Oh, god.

Ugly, ugly, ugly, fat, ugly. Disgusting. Stupid.

Damn girl, You could bend plate armor with a booty like that!

I love the altered face. I think they should actually be fatter than the current model though. Slimming them down makes them look too similar to normal humans and the inevitable vrykul race.