best horde racials for M+ elemental in BfA

Pretty self explanatory. I was thinking either orc/troll for on use damage buff, highmountain for a little extra mobility, or tauren for the stun

The racial power is so insignificant that it really doesn't matter, even in mythic+.

If I had to suggest one, I'd recommend Highmountain (for movement+stun) or tauren (for stun). It really doesn't matter though. The only race that makes a noticeable impact in mythics (just barely) are not playable by shaman. Don't spend too much time thinking about this, IMO.

Damage buffs are especially irrelevant though. It's not like you'll need cooldowns to clear trash and every race's general damage is much less than 1% apart. If they don't have an active racial, they have a passive one. You won't be struggling on the bosses most likely, you'll have issues on the trash, so racial ability crowd control can technically help... but it's not like having an extra 2 second stun is ever going to be the difference between success and failure in a mythic+.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-05-18 at 04:06 PM.

I would say just go Goblin if you can stand the look of them, Gust of Wind is RIP in BFA so you probably want a movement ability.

Goblin, simply because they retain some sort of fall damage prevention due to the Gust of Wind removal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The racial power is so insignificant that it really doesn't matter, even in mythic+.

If I had to suggest one, I'd recommend Highmountain (for movement+stun) or tauren (for stun). It really doesn't matter though. The only race that makes a noticeable impact in mythics (just barely) are not playable by shaman. Don't spend too much time thinking about this, IMO.

Damage buffs are especially irrelevant though. It's not like you'll need cooldowns to clear trash and every race's general damage is much less than 1% apart. If they don't have an active racial, they have a passive one. You won't be struggling on the bosses most likely, you'll have issues on the trash, so racial ability crowd control can technically help... but it's not like having an extra 2 second stun is ever going to be the difference between success and failure in a mythic+.
    Wrong.

Racicals matter. IT depends on the player skill and requirements. Legion also proved this to be true.

While I agree it doesnt mean anything for the casual, you will see the logs proves, that top 50 is all the same race in Raids, depending on class/race combination.

Same is true for Arena(been like that for years, no matter what they been changing).

OP:
    1)Pandaren: Works well with Food Buff(more or less the same as Goblins). Works in Arenas as well with the mini CC. And on top of that, you get reduced fall damage.

2)Goblin: Rocket Jump is my personal favourite, if you master it's use and value it(it can save you from all kind of things, both in Raids and PvP). Good haste buff, IF the spec demands Haste. A bit risky choice, unless you hotkey Rocket Jump and like thier special appereance.

3)Darkspear Trolls: Ive seen that they will buff thier Berserking from 15% to 20%(there were some rumour threads and datamining around).
    According to logs, this buff is as good as the passive Goblin skill(not better, not worse), UNLESS you can stack it with multiple CDs(then it gets better, as you will have higher peak during DPS windows).

4)Highmountain: Good choice if you plan on playing all 3 specs, as Versitality proven to us to be very... versatile. The offensive ablitiy does not add much value(seems to be more annoying as a caster). While it favors Enhancement - it can defiantly be in good use with some confidence in Mythics and Arena, adding some coolness factor with the extra Interupt ability across all the 3 specs.

5)Orcs: The best in Arena, the most decent in PvE. Remember that Totems acts like Pets, adding 1% DPS(but with diminishing value because as you don't have any permenent pets). Better pick would be for Warlocks, Hunters and DKs.

6)Tauren: No(unlike you prefer thier appearance). Warstomp makes the race more melee oriented(unless you stack up next to the tank all the time, so you don't have to move or you play Enhancement in Mythics/Arena). Better call for other classes that can Tank for instance, lining up perfectly with more HP and extra AoE Stun.

I suggest you look up the BFA changes(check the stat priorty and on demand CDs, see if you want to play multiple specs etc.)and make your own conclussions from there.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-05-21 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    snip
    you do realize that tauren adds +crit damage which stacks multiplicatively with elemental fury which makes it at least on par with the other horde races in terms of dps for elemental. They also have slightly higher hp which makes them survive one shots in higher keystones better.

On topic, I'd choose goblin > moose tauren just for the added mobility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    you do realize that tauren adds +crit damage which stacks multiplicatively with elemental fury which makes it at least on par with the other horde races in terms of dps for elemental. They also have slightly higher hp which makes them survive one shots in higher keystones better.

On topic, I'd choose goblin > moose tauren just for the added mobility
    You have to take in consideration, how much overall value you get. You still have to use Warstomp and I see it's use only in Mythics - that is if you get in melee range(and in Arena for juke/interupt), while in Raids it loses its value.

racials are off the gcd, I wouldnt expect anyone on pve to not play darkspear troll in bfa if they dont change the racial back to 15%. 20% is just too good.