Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Darkfallen and Redeemed Allied Races

The final allied races for BfA will be revealed just after the book Before the Storm comes out. The Darkfallen will be another Allied Race joining the Horde, while the Redeemed will be joining the Alliance.

In the Darkfallen recruitment scenario, Koltira Deathweaver returns from a recon mission in Northrend to report of a civil war between Bolvar's undead empire and the remaining Darkfallen that wish to retain their willpower. You are sent along with Koltira to Icecrown on a covert mission to meet Blood Prince Dreven and steal the newly completed Malykriss: The Vile Hold from Bolvar's control. The scenario involves political intrigue amongst the Darkfallen who pretend to serve Bolvar with the ultimate goal of creating a diversion just when Malykriss reaches completion and escaping Northrend in it with the remaining Darkfallen. Apparently they are dissatisfied with Bolvar's refusal to let them scour the lands to the south for living subjects to satisfy their blood thirst, and have resorted to drastic measures for sustenance making them appear extermely malnourished. Sylvanas agrees to let them satisfy their blood thirst in her war against the Alliance so they agree to join the Horde. Once Malykriss is liberated from Bolvar's control, it is relocated to float off the coast of Darkshore near the remains of Teldrassil where the Darkfallen help the Horde clean up the remaining Night Elves who have decided to stay and fight for their lands instead of fleeing to Stormwind. Malykriss: The Vile Hold is the racial capital for the Darkfallen. Aesthetically, it is a fortified Black Citadel floating off the coast of Darkshore with a view of the remains of Teldrassil. The interior is designed in a similar fashion to the Crimson Hall in Icecrown Citadel and is populated with chained Night Elves and Darkfallen Handmaidens (Night Elves who have been killed by overdraining and became Darkfallen themselves) whom are being kept for feeding purposes for their Darkfallen overlords.

The Redeemed are the Forsaken who were killed by Sylvanas when they attempted to rejoin their living siblings in the Alliance in the events of the novel Before the Storm. They are led by a ressurected Calia Menethil. The recruitment scenario for the Redeemed involves going to Hillsbrad Foothills/Arathi Highlands to resurrect those who were slain in their attempts to rejoin the Alliance, while defending against guerilla strikes against your forces by Forsaken remaining in the area. The Redeemed base of operations will be Uther's tomb where they are gathering to resurrect the fallen hero with the ultimate goal of securing the Capital City of Lordaeron with his help at some point in the future.

Both Darkfallen and Redeemed appear to be based on the datamined "thinhuman" models which are themselves Forsaken models without the hunchback. The Darkfallen have a sinister Elven/Vampire appearance while the Redeemed appear similar to the Forsaken but more upright, without exposed bones, and white eyes instead of yellow.

Deleted
    Is this 'leaks'? I've missed these <3

What's your source then? Do you know someone who works at Blizzard? /S

It's crazy that Blizzard came up with the "Redeemed" having a limited population of 7 players per realm since that's the entire amount killed. Better make a character quick!

ps: Dude's talking out his ass based on the book preview.

MOOORE ELVES?!

Dislike.

Is in the internet...probably true then

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    ...populated with chained Night Elves and Darkfallen Handmaidens (Night Elves who have been killed by overdraining and became Darkfallen themselves) whom are being kept for feeding purposes for their Darkfallen overlords.
    I don't believe any of this but oh boy, if Blizzard did this to the Night Elves (on top of everything else) the forum backlash would be ugly.

Deleted
    sounds completly stupid...

I'll give it 90% chance to be true

It would be hilarious if alliance gets the undead model and horde just gets another blood elf redo. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It's crazy that Blizzard came up with the "Redeemed" having a limited population of 7 players per realm since that's the entire amount killed. Better make a character quick!

ps: Dude's talking out his ass based on the book preview.
    wow, and we whined about void elves being pulled out their arse.
    so any time there are more than 7 "redeemed" on-screen, it would be weird XD

So... another fanfiction leak?

I'm sure Koltira Deathweaver would just go back to a Sylvanas led horde after our Dks literally just rescued him from the Undercity during Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    wow, and we whined about void elves being pulled out their arse.
    so any time there are more than 7 "redeemed" on-screen, it would be weird XD
    Yeah man that'd just destroy my immersion.

Sounds almost too good to be true, I love San'layn and would give my finger to have them be playable, but without the source this is really hardly more than fan-fiction.
    Besides, didn't Hazzikostas say explicitly he doesn't want faction lines blurred? "Redeemed forsaken" very much blur the faction lines, unless they give them some really unique model. Also I don't feel too excited about "malnourished" San'layn, I was hoping more for a Blood prince look. Anyway, I am skeptical, but every bit of my inside right now is wishing this to be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Cool shop, bro.

Deleted
    After reading title, I got actually the thrill of fear, that they are gonna try to redeem Darkfallen...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Level 80? Hot damn! But I bet you have to level them to 120 to get Heritage Armor, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Besides, didn't Hazzikostas say explicitly he doesn't want faction lines blurred? "Redeemed forsaken" very much blur the faction lines, unless they give them some really unique model.
    And void elves don't fall into this category?

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Cool shop, bro.
    My favorite part is death knight as a starting option and the heritage armor being mage tier recolor.