Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 7.3.5 PTR Character Wipe, 18 Characters Per Realm in BfA, WoW History

Battle for Azeroth Beta Key Giveaway - Week 1: We Weren't Prepared!

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Coming To Battle.net

Hearthstone's Next Balance Update Goes Live on May 22

May 16th Developer Reddit AMA Recap

Overwatch Anniversary Event Dev Update and Reveals, Hanzo Nerf, and BCRF Update

Patch 7.3.5 PTR Character Wipe
    The PTR has had characters wiped, but is still running Patch 7.3.5 with character copy working.

Battle for Azeroth - 18 Characters Per Realm
    In case you missed the updated tip in the latest beta build, Battle for Azeroth will allow you to have 18 characters per realm. The 50 characters per account cap remains in place.

In Battle For Azeroth, the per-realm character limit will be going up from 16 to 18 to make room for the two new Allied Races (Dark Iron dwarves and Mag’har orcs).

This Week in WoW History
    We're taking a look back at old MMO-Champion posts and World of Warcraft news that occurred during this time in previous years.

Encounter Journal
    Before the release of Firelands, the Encounter Journal was added to the PTR. This tool was one of the biggest changes for the raiding scene at the time, because it introduced an in-game tool for players to read before fighting a boss. Prior to the Encounter Journal, players only had access to third party sources to get familiar with encounters. This new Journal provides information about boss abilities, loot, and model preview.

Cloud Serpents
    Mists of Pandaria brought a new mount model to the game; the Cloud Serpent. These mounts became iconic for the expansion. Multiple color variations were added as rewards for various things, from quests, to reputations and rares. Some of the rare ones, such as the Onyx Cloud Serpent are still farmed today because of their rarity.

Patch 5.3: Escalation
    The third content patch of Mists of Pandaria added a few Heroic Scenarios, the continuation of the Legendary Quest line, mounts, an Arena, and a Battleground. A few storyline quests were also added to further the story in the Razor Hill area. The Darkspear Rebellion faction was also added with some new item sets. The new mounts that were added include the Enchanted Fey Dragon, a store mount, the Hearthsteed, reward for playing Hearthstone, the Armored Dragonhawks, and the Brawler’s Burly Mushan Beast.

Mount Preview
    The Grinning Reaver was teased on Twitter with a screenshot of the mount and the caption “IS THAT A SADDLE?”. It was later confirmed that this would become a store-mount added in Patch 5.4.8.

Overwatch Short - Dragons
    This animated short tells the story of two brothers, Hanzo and Genji. During his yearly visit to the Shimada Temple, Hanzo is attacked by yet another assassin. After a scene with stunning fight choreography, he learns the truth about his attacker.

Destiny 2
    In 2017, Bungie announced their collaboration with Blizzard to bring Destiny 2 to Battle.net. This first-person action game was announced with the “Rally the Troops” reveal trailer. The first Destiny game was a console exclusive, which many people hoped would come to the PC. With the release of the second game, this provided a perfect opportunity to reach a different audience through their deal with Blizzard.

Deleted
    Pre patch comming ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, they are trolling us at this point...I really need them to go to 60 or 70. I'm sick of having to delete toons, I'm really almost out of toons I'm fine with deleting, sure I may not play it, but it was like my first real one, or i have people on that server.

Hey Blizz can beta finally get character copy =]

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get any characters wiped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that the WoW history segments only exist to bring in more revenue so nothing will convince you to remove them but I would still like to express how little I care about their content and how annoying I find the clutter they create.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I understand that the WoW history segments only exist to bring in more revenue so nothing will convince you to remove them but I would still like to express how little I care about their content and how annoying I find the clutter they create.
    Wowhead does it too, and I actually click on them and see people commenting about them. I think after the announcement of classic, people have become more nostalgic again. I share your opinion though, but as long as I see commenting on them on both here and Wowhead, not much reason to discontinue it (like WoW youtubers focus on historical stuff too with some measure of success. there's an audience). I guess you could say its borderline content kind of like the Ghostcrawler stuff, but yea, people comment on the GC stuff too. Definitely not for everyone though, and that's ok. I personally skip out on it too. Maybe its also people who never played back then who like to read these.

The only real concession I would make is that yeah, they do take up a good amount of space considering each event needs its own image, and maybe something could be done on that front. Or just keep it to WoW stuff instead of Destiny 2 (which isn't all that popular nowadays). OTOH, you can tell they're trying to heavily crop each image so it doesn't take up too much space, but I think it could be limited to like 4 WoW things personally (instead of 4 WoW, 1 OW, 1 Destiny 2)
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-05-19 at 12:36 AM.

Why are they not increasing the total amount of characters one can have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Didn't they do that already like at the start of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Nope, always been 50. Bnet friends list is also due for a bump too, as they keep adding games

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Because, according to them, there is "no feasible need for more than 50 characters"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because, according to them, there is "no feasible need for more than 50 characters"
    which is true, no one is playing 50 110s and giving equal amount of time or love
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

As long as they keep the number at or above the total number of specs in the game, I'm good. I've slowly been leveling a toon for every spec and am enjoying it.

It's always been 50 I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    which is true, no one is playing 50 110s and giving equal amount of time or love
    They're not pets to need attending to, but each and every character could have certain attachments for the player. It's a fractional data increase for what it provides; the possibility to make more characters.

They increased the per server earlier this year, but the account total hasn't changed. It has been stuck at 50 characters max for as long as I can remember with the game.

Blizz should increase it to 75. The actual number of players that would utilize more than 50 characters is pretty minimal so it shouldn't be much of a data strain, while it would allow those few players to create new characters without deleting existing ones. This is extremely useful with Allied Races now coming out in droves. I know a handful of people who are sitting at 50 with no chars they are willing to delete (nostalgia, banks, actually play, etc.), preventing them from enjoying Allied Races without sacrificing something they love.

pre patch incoming?

The account-wide character cap becomes an issue when you've changed realms often enough to follow friends / join guilds. Not everyone wants to transfer an army of alts and rarely would you want to delete a level 90+ character having invested so much time into it.

Curious why they only increase by number of allied race. we'll be at 20 in a few months with new troll and human sub race and just more and more after that. Why not just open the flood gates and raise server cap at 50. Might be too much stress on the servers maybe? not to computer savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Curious why they only increase by number of allied race. we'll be at 20 in a few months with new troll and human sub race and just more and more after that. Why not just open the flood gates and raise server cap at 50. Might be too much stress on the servers maybe? not to computer savvy.
    Even if they allow a million chars on a server per account, there can be only 1 active at a time, so I don't think it is performance issue.

account cap still make me sad