Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Curious as to why the futile debate about 2H has crept into this thread, there is another thread about that (obviously, lolz).

This is a thread about the BfA Frost DK rework, Dual Wielding rework (which is awesome).
    Dear lord I have no idea, I thought the 2h thing would stick to the official forums but like a cancer, "it finds a way".

That being said, can we just get a 2h mog glyph. I have very little hope that blizz will be able to balance DW frost, 2H frost and UH against each other-they have their hands full with UH vs DW frost, lets not throw in another spec. Just put in a dam 2h mog glyph and let it be done.

But who I am kidding, even after Blizz confirms that 2h frost will not be coming back for BFA, I guarantee we will still see "OMG BRING 2H FROST BACK!, my class fantasy!"

eh.. It's kind of like leaving work at 5, you know their will be traffic and you know it will be bad, but you deal with it. Similarly the "bring back 2H frost post" will never die, so again, we "deal with it".

AND if you really want to play 2h frost, you actually can while doing solo stuff and still kill things. Frostsycthe, Glacial Advance, Gathering Storm, Cold Heart, BoS works just fine out in the world. Just don't expect for others to tolerate it during group play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    AND if you really want to play 2h frost, you actually can while doing solo stuff and still kill things. Frostsycthe, Glacial Advance, Gathering Storm, Cold Heart, BoS works just fine out in the world. Just don't expect for others to tolerate it during group play.
    And what about getting a 2H-Weapon ?

Without being an "offical" weapon choice - your personal loot for Frost-Spec wouldn't get you a decent 2H from Dungeons and drops, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkler View Post
    And what about getting a 2H-Weapon ?

Without being an "offical" weapon choice - your personal loot for Frost-Spec wouldn't get you a decent 2H from Dungeons and drops, right ?
    Set your loot as unholy, there's absolutely no difference.

What spec are you guys thinking of going? I like the idea of icy talons, murderous efficiency, frozen pulse, gathering storm, and obliteration for ST. The only issue is stacking runes to dump into gathering storm and prepare for obliteration ruins the efficiency of frozen pulse.

If I switch out frozen pulse for avalanche, I dont really need the icy talons for the extra attack speed and can switch it for IA. This spec would work single target but it feels like it would be really boring.

If I want a hybrid spec for running mythic +, I have no idea how to spec. I can do a full aoe spec and go IA, RA, frost scythe, GA, and icecap. This flows nicely but not enough ST when I need it.

If I try to swap out icecap for obliteration, this is where I run into trouble. I would need to switch out RA for murderous efficiency. This is fine but with obliteration being up so often, should I still get GA? It doesn't proc killing machine so during obliteration I feel like it wont ve used, meaning it's not used for almost half of the rotation.
    I could switch GA for GS but that feels weird cause the CD doesmt line up perfectly with obliteration. I want to stack runes for both oblit and GS.

Anyone have a good mythic plus spec they are running?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    What spec are you guys thinking of going?
    After playing Frost for most of Legion, I'm speccing Rogue. The thought of potentially having to run BoS for optimal DPS is enough for me to look elsewhere, plus generally speaking I tend to move around each expansion and I've come to enjoy all three Rogue specs.

After playing Frost for most of Legion, I'm speccing Rogue. The thought of potentially having to run BoS for optimal DPS is enough for me to look elsewhere, plus generally speaking I tend to move around each expansion and I've come to enjoy all three Rogue specs.
    That makes sense. Not a big fan of BoS either. Used to play a rogue and it will prob be my second class. I've always liked frost but I'm also playing blood this xpac si my brother and I get faster invites so ima be maining dk again

Never really raided as Frost BoS-spec. Played Unholy(had luck with bracers) when Breath was popular and switched to Frost before Antorus to try it. I enjoy DK as a class, but gonna start with Unholy into BFA unless Frost is rly superior dmgoutputwise.

With the change yesterday, all of my concerns were answered. Glacial advance will now proc icy talons and obliteration. Much needed improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking a good m+ hybrid spec will be IA, ME, frost scythe, GA, Obliteration. Really good aoe/cleave with scythe and GA, and good ST burst with Obliteration (ME to keep it smooth). Now that GA procs killing machine during obliteration, it will be really good in cleave situations to pop obliteration, GA, scythe, FS, scythe, repeat. Just need enough RP going into it.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by ellieg; 2018-06-20 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acherus01 View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense for unholy dk's to dual wield with a fast-paced play style? Being the spec that uses disease-riddled rune weapons to strike as many infected wounds on the target, and then bursting them with shadow/death magic?

And for frost dk's to be the icy, heavy hitting undead juggernauts they have always been portrayed as?

This would fix both class fantasy and make sure atleast one plate spec uses 1h strength based weapons.
    I'd prefer it this way honestly, but it's to late now...if they did change it you know people would be complaining about a storm about artifact weapon skins...which would mean even more work that they wont do.

Yeah, when they did the first pass of frost taking away the 2H option lots of people spoke up and said that unholy should be DW and frost should be 2H. Unholy doesn't even have any big hits, their biggest hit is actually chunked up into separate hits and most of their damage comes from multiple smaller sources.

It just made way more sense for frost to be 2H and unholy to be DW but Blizzard seems to have a pretty short sighted plan for DKs in general. It almost feels like there is no one at the table advocating for the DK and they just get whatever to keep them in the middle of the meters.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    All this crying for 2h frost. You all can stop. They wont bring it back because 2H frost was broken. It wont be a thing. Please stop. Really. Only reason you want it back because u remember 1 shotting people with ob hit. Thus it wont happen again. As mentioned it was broken.

Just STOP!

All this energy would be much better spent campaigning for them to ease the transmog restrictions. Seems to be an easy fix that would satisfy all but a tiny percentage of the hardcore complainy-pants.