Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No I'm paying a subscription every month which is going to the development of more content. I'm in my right to complain about a product I buy. Also Blizzard are asking for feedback. My feedback is: "Most people want 2H frost over dual wielding frost... can you please change it".
    MOST people wanting 2H frost is a gross exaggeration. Only the vocal minority bring up things to "fix" on everyone's behalf. People that enjoy dual wield frost don't often create forum posts raving about how much they enjoy it.

I, myself, prefer 1h weapons on melee classes. But, I also understand that in Blizzard's opinion their vision of the class fantasy for Unholy means a 2H weapon. Oh well. What they believe represents THEIR vision of the class' fantasy and what I believe represent's mine are different. Demanding change based on your assumptions isn't constructive. Even a supposed compromise, for example an aesthetic one in relaxing transmog rules essentially runs contrary to how they view the spec differences. However, I can see them going that route eventually instead of catering to the small % of players that post about ways the way the spec itself to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Why are you telling me this? I never said I had the right to demand anything. I said it was fair for us to complain. I don’t understand the incentive behind your comment...

And again.. Blizzard are asking for feedback, so I don’t even know why we are discussing this.
    Feedback is there to improve the game. "Most people want 2H frost over dual wielding frost... can you please change it" is an opinion like Kendros said. And that "most ppl" want it is just an assumption imo. Maybe one day Blizz will feel to bring it back, but i dont see the matter to push this so hard. But i like both weapon options, DW maybe abit more

I enjoy the fact that it is a 2x 1H spec. Makes it feel a little different. Unholy gives us a 2H spec which is fine. The last thing we really need is a 2H and 1H version of a spec. otherwise we'd end up in the Cata? warrior situation with Titans grip and Single Minded Fury and 9 million hours of theory crafting around whats better, and at which point does 2x 1H's outperform a 2H of differing ilvls.

Again - just an opinion, but for me, i'll take my 3 unique specs and stay with that. Its fun to pick a class, not a spec to play in wow, knowing you can play all 2/3/4 differently.

Here was the original concept for the DKs. Lacking the 2H option for frost feels like it's strayed away from the core concept

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Step 1: Has Blizzard talked about Frost as a slow moving juggernaut? Yes, check.

Step 2: Has Blizzard said Frost is a slow attack-speed being. No.
    Disclaimer : mostly arguing for the state of arguing, as Blizzard is unlikely to bring back 2H.

A slow-moving juggernaut with a very fast attack speed just feels weird to me. In most games/movies/comics/whatever, fast-moving characters attack fast and slow-moving characters compensate with slower, more powerful attacks. And yeah, sure, there will be some counterexamples, but my point is that they're few and far between.

As a side-note, the official wow website only says this for Frost DK : "An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering vicious weapon strikes."

Quote Originally Posted by Teech View Post
    Feedback is there to improve the game. "Most people want 2H frost over dual wielding frost... can you please change it" is an opinion like Kendros said. And that "most ppl" want it is just an assumption imo. Maybe one day Blizz will feel to bring it back, but i dont see the matter to push this so hard. But i like both weapon options, DW maybe abit more
    It was an example. Feedback is in most cases opinions. Like: “I believe this boss is overtuned”. It is fair to voice opinions. I don’t understand why we are discussing which type of feedback we are allowed to give.

My feedback: “Dear Blizzard. You are very focused on class fantasy when designing the classes of the game which is great! However, with Frost Death Knights it doesn’t seem like you’re following your own original ideas about how this class should be when you’re giving them 2 one-hand weapons instead of 1 two-hand weapon. I hope you will consider this point in relation to class fantasy.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Step 1: Has Blizzard talked about Frost as a slow moving juggernaut? Yes, check.

Step 2: Has Blizzard said Frost is a slow attack-speed being. No.
    True but that combination just feels wierd. I don’t think it was the vision when they created the Death Knight.

For example, a talent called Icy Talons which increases Attack Speed doesnt make sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post

Here was the original concept for the DKs. Lacking the 2H option for frost feels like it's strayed away from the core concept
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-06-15 at 06:13 AM.

I do agree that the class fantasy for frost is a 2-hander. Arthas as the Lich King is the epitome of class fantasy, there are few classes/specs that have such a known icon that does not correspond to how the spec plays. Sure, Arthas isn't a 100% frost death knight, I guess he uses classic talent trees.

With that said, as long as the spec plays well and does well I don't really care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    With that said, as long as the spec plays well and does well I don't really care either way.
    Agreed. If all we have to complain about is the lack of a 2H option for frost, it means we're in a pretty good spot.
    At least mechanics-wise, it looks pretty solid, we'll see about the numbers in a couple months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    MOST people wanting 2H frost is a gross exaggeration. Only the vocal minority bring up things to "fix" on everyone's behalf. People that enjoy dual wield frost don't often create forum posts raving about how much they enjoy it.
    I thank you on behalf of the "silent but happy" frost DKs who actually enjoy the DW class fantasy.
    Last edited by incko; 2018-06-15 at 09:34 AM.

I just want to be able to chose to sheath weapons on the back vs. hips. For some reason weapons on the hips swing back and forth like my character is on a fashion catwalk. It looks feminine and ridiculous.

And the first dps spec that was wildly broken, IIRC, was used with 2x 1Hs....Things change...deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    I just want to be able to chose to sheath weapons on the back vs. hips. For some reason weapons on the hips swing back and forth like my character is on a fashion catwalk. It looks feminine and ridiculous.
    AGREE! I hate that it's only certain weapons for us...it needs to be something that can be toggled in the options for any spec that can dual wield.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    And the first dps spec that was wildly broken, IIRC, was used with 2x 1Hs....Things change...deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

AGREE! I hate that it's only certain weapons for us...it needs to be something that can be toggled in the options for any spec that can dual wield.
    The broken spec you reference was just glyphed IT spam to generate RP and DC dumps. Using 2x1H just meant you had higher white damage. Was nothing to actually do with a DW spec itself

The broken spec you reference was just glyphed IT spam to generate RP and DC dumps. Using 2x1H just meant you had higher white damage. Was nothing to actually do with a DW spec itself
    Key thing is, things change...it's the one thing that will always have a presence in every aspect of life. Including our hobbies. Don't like it then stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Key thing is, things change...it's the one thing that will always have a presence in every aspect of life. Including our hobbies. Don't like it then stop playing.
    I think it is a fair point to make that dual wielding might not makes sense in relation to class fantasy. Especially because Blizzard say they want to focus more on class fantasy. The "things change.. deal with it" attitude is true in many cases but sometimes it's okay to question things if you don't think it make sense. We are allowed to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-06-15 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    I think this more related to the size and kind of the weapon. If im not mistaken axes sheat on the back so just transmog for a couple axes.

Wouldn't it make more sense for unholy dk's to dual wield with a fast-paced play style? Being the spec that uses disease-riddled rune weapons to strike as many infected wounds on the target, and then bursting them with shadow/death magic?

And for frost dk's to be the icy, heavy hitting undead juggernauts they have always been portrayed as?

This would fix both class fantasy and make sure atleast one plate spec uses 1h strength based weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Acherus01 View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense for unholy dk's to dual wield with a fast-paced play style? Being the spec that uses disease-riddled rune weapons to strike as many infected wounds on the target, and then bursting them with shadow/death magic?

And for frost dk's to be the icy, heavy hitting undead juggernauts they have always been portrayed as?

This would fix both class fantasy and make sure atleast one plate spec uses 1h strength based weapons.
    yes, complete oversight on the dev team there

im pretty happy with the frost and the DK class overall, i dropped it in legion happy to pick it back up with DH being lame

Deleted
    Curious as to why the futile debate about 2H has crept into this thread, there is another thread about that (obviously, lolz).

This is a thread about the BfA Frost DK rework, Dual Wielding rework (which is awesome).

Doesn't seem like GA is proc'ing RE.