Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    6 Fury warriors (orc/human)
    That's only true if we get a private server like version of vanilla starting off at 1.12. If we get authentic patch progression warriors are going to be in a pretty bad state damage wise for most of vanilla and only be in high demand late AQ/early Naxx.

Protection warriors will also be in a much worse state threat wise and that will have a ripple effect throughout the game and will push classes like mages and rogues higher up on the list of desired classes due to their threat reduction capabilities. The shadow/warlock combo might even become completely unviable because of this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Wrong and wrong. Thunderfurry went to warrior tanks and to rogues after all tanks and off tanks had gotten their Thunderfurry, and Sulfuras went to Enhanc shamans, warriors wanted Ass-candy from BWL, not sure who got it on Alliance side, perhaps Ret palas? The damage on Hand of Raggy was just too low compared to Ass-candy (Sulfuras: 88-113 while Ass-candy: 75-123, so higher max damage which is what warriors wanted).

Thunderfurry proc was mainly there to get aggro in AOE situations, as tanking was something quite different back then compared to now. Warrior tanks used it for quite some time in TBC aswell, simply because of the threat it generated on its proc. Sure some guilds gave it to rogues, but that was over all a DPS loss for the guild.
    Correct for the most part, only the stats you are linking on Ashkandi and Sulfuras are entirely incorrect. Those look like post-squish-post-squish-stats and does not reflect the old version, in addition the speed of Asscandy back then was 3.5 and Sulfuras 3.7 with approx the same DPS meaning Sulfuras had higher top-end damage than Asscandy.

If you put Sulfuras and Asscandy side-to-side in the hands of a 2h-fury warrior in BWL gear you'll get very similar DPS results.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Priests are very good at leveling. They have virtually no down time. I'd say they are second only to the pet classes and ferals. Their only real weakness is not having a spammable cc.
    Tbh leveling a spriest was kinda easy indeed. I think he meant to say that disc or holy priests suck to level.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    You must either be high, or have no idea what you are talking about.

2H slam warrior was only a thing before blood thirst was made instant cast and dual wield specialization talent was added increasing off-hand damage. The addition of some hit items later on helped allot.
    No, it was easily the best dps spec in both AQ and Naxx. By quite a large margin, the problem was that nearly everyone who played it (wich really wasnt that many) didnt play it optimaly. What if i told you could use Slam without any loss to the auto-attack swing-timer? Without resetting it?

Also, threat remains a significant issue even with 1.12 talents and on the Alliance side with blessing of Salvation. Few fights allow the main tank to hit away for the entire duration. Nefarian locking warriors in berserking stance, or casting physical invulnerability on himself makes keeping aggro fairly impossible if DPS goes all out.
    I guess we had better tanks then. But yes, threat was still a factor. I could still pull agro on most bosses if i just had a few crits too many in a row (way bigger threat spikes with slow 2handers than with dual-wield). In fact i even managed to pull agro on Patchwerk on occasions, wich people only tought ignite rolling fire mages were able to do (it required something like 3.2k sustained dps).

The point is that 1.12 increased the gap between the dps specs that were holding a lot back and the ones who werent.

But i guess you are right. You were able to keep aggro on tauntable bosses in Molten Core no problem, so threat is not an issue in vanilla i guess.
    Yeah, it's not like i both tanked and dps'ed all bosses in vanilla except for last few in Naxx...

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Correct for the most part, only the stats you are linking on Ashkandi and Sulfuras are entirely incorrect. Those look like post-squish-post-squish-stats and does not reflect the old version, in addition the speed of Asscandy back then was 3.5 and Sulfuras 3.7 with approx the same DPS meaning Sulfuras had higher top-end damage than Asscandy.

If you put Sulfuras and Asscandy side-to-side in the hands of a 2h-fury warrior in BWL gear you'll get very similar DPS results.
    Ok, so I was remembering right, the Ashkandi was faster thus more wanted for warriors. Just got a bit confused when I searched them up and saw that they had the same attack speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hansol333 View Post
    I would create a topic about which classes will be in most demand.

Well we don’t know how much vanilla it will be or at what patch vanilla will start (1.0 or 1.12). Sure there will be patches to open new content/raids but for this discussion we assume that it will be 100% from the latest vanilla patch at least from item, classes and spells.

I am not a vanilla expert but the majority of people are saying that mages, rouges are usually the best dds (warriors are only good as dd with high end gear). I watched this video (youtube curse vs. loatheb from Grayclaw)
    just look at that crazy damage meter (where are warlocks and hunters, 7 mages, 9 rouges). I heard a legend about a loatheb kill before the first inevitable doom by bringing 20+ fire mages or so but I don’t know if that is true.
    However bringing a high number of mages/rouges has one major disadvantage at least at the beginning of the game. No token are dropping. If you are raiding MC/BWL you find an item for a specific class not a token for several classes. Getting all items for 10 mages would most likely take longer than for 5 mages and 5 hunters. The mages would also need a wand while hunters would need a bow. Once token raids ZG/Naxx are out its much more profitable to have less class equilibrium.

Therefore I think I would roll a not so OP class like warlock or hunter. Simply because I believe there are less people rolling for drops I could use (dont expect to see Naxx anyway). Paladin could also be a choice (tanking in instances and then switch to heal later) but leveling and farming as paladin not that great.

What do you thing? Which classes will have it easier to find a raid spot. OP classes with high competition or not so op classes with lower competition?
    The most needed classes in Vanilla will be Healers, if you can do it well you will have a raid spot. Priests being the best, then Paladins on Alliance(you need 4 of them for blessings, Shamans for Horde but you will have to balance how many you want and in what groups and then a couple druids. After that you will want 8 Warriors, 2 warlocks, 2-3 hunters and the rest is a mix of Mage and Rogue DPS. Beyond that you are stepping beyond optimal comp(the hybrid sympathizers will try to sell you on a hybrid DPS or tank but that is only if you want to slow your progression down).
    As for Races of these specs
    Alliance
    Priest - Dwarf
    Warrior - Human or NE it is well debated between bonus Dodge and base stats vs extra + weapon skill on Swords and Maces. If you are primarily DPSing Human wins
    Rogue - Human +Sword and mace skill OP
    Hunter - NE(for PVP mainly, Shadowmeld Aimed shot is legit), more base agi as well
    Paladin - Dwarf, stoneform to drop poisons and bleeds
    Mage - Gnome(more int is better than nothing)
    Druid - only could be NE
    Warlock - Gnome PVE, Human PVP(being able to see a rogue when perception is popped is god tier)

Horde(these maybe a bit off,) Berserking ends up being BIS for many classes
    Warlock - Orc or UD(no major difference)
    Priest - Troll
    Hunter - Troll or Orc(both at solid, if you PVP Orc wins for stun reduction)
    Warrior - Orc Blood Fury and + Axe skill for DPS and Tauren for Tanks, AOE stun for trash, more Stam
    Shaman - Troll
    Mage - Troll
    Druid - Tauren
    Rogue - Orc or Troll are both solid. Orc has a slight edge

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so I was remembering right, the Ashkandi was faster thus more wanted for warriors. Just got a bit confused when I searched them up and saw that they had the same attack speed.
    It was more that it was just generally more available over Sulf that did not frequently drop.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2018-05-23 at 02:46 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You are right but for the wrong reasons. Warriors would prefer Ashkandi not because it is faster but because it has ALOT of AP and quite frankly is easier (and cheaper) to get than Sulfuras. Depending on the ingot-situation and your willingness to farm the arcanite bars, Sulfuras could cost thousands of gold to craft.

Infact, Slower speed was always prefered given the nature of how the PPM proc of crusader works. Slower weapons have a higher proc-rate because PPM doesnt factor in instant attacks meaning slower weapons will be favoured. Same deal with WF-totem so that's an additional reason for warriors on horde side to favour a slower weapon.

In the end though it mostly comes down to weapon DPS, stats and racials (Human sword/Mace racial and Orc Axe racial).
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    You are right but for the wrong reasons. Warriors would prefer Ashkandi not because it is faster but because it has ALOT of AP and quite frankly is easier (and cheaper) to get than Sulfuras. Depending on the ingot-situation and your willingness to farm the arcanite bars, Sulfuras could cost thousands of gold to craft.

Infact, Slower speed was always prefered given the nature of how the PPM proc of crusader works. Slower weapons have a higher proc-rate because PPM doesnt factor in instant attacks meaning slower weapons will be favoured. Same deal with WF-totem so that's an additional reason for warriors on horde side to favour a slower weapon.

In the end though it mostly comes down to weapon DPS, stats and racials (Human sword/Mace racial and Orc Axe racial).
    Ah, been so many years, its all a bit fuzzy in my head after all this time, and I was a rogue main back then.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Get 4 friends and play whatever the fuck you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Get 4 friends and play whatever the fuck you want.
    4 friends will only get you so far though. It's not like there are Mythic dungeons to farm, or arena to play. Want to do end game content? Raid sizes it is.

Imo rogues (for obvious reasons) warriors/priests (i place those together cause they were a godly combo for both pve and pvp) and maybe hunters for bot reasons

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It was more that it was just generally more available over Sulf that did not frequently drop.
    Hahaha... hahahaha.... hahaha seriously seen that sword drop so many times during farming that even offspecs started taking it however he wasnt as pleasant with my T2 Chest...
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Dwarf Holy Priests... unless they decided to give Fear ward to all priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Hahaha... hahahaha.... hahaha seriously seen that sword drop so many times during farming that even offspecs started taking it however he wasnt as pleasant with my T2 Chest...
    We had more of the one handed axe and the healing mace drop. Only had 3 of the caster staff drop though, and it was a death sentence almost. If you got the staff you either quit playing, computer would die or left the guild within a month. Except for the raid leaders one.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, been so many years, its all a bit fuzzy in my head after all this time, and I was a rogue main back then.
    Rogues were a weird animal, they wanted a fast offhand dagger/any other weapon to apply poisons and the slowest possible mainhand weapon(reason that the BRD shanker was used for a long time) for backstabs and ambushes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjaz View Post
    Hmm. Priest levelling wasn't that bad.
    I mained Priest during Vanilla, and levelling him sucked badly, at least until you could get your hands on a decent wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    We had more of the one handed axe and the healing mace drop. Only had 3 of the caster staff drop though, and it was a death sentence almost. If you got the staff you either quit playing, computer would die or left the guild within a month. Except for the raid leaders one.

- - - Updated - - -

Rogues were a weird animal, they wanted a fast offhand dagger/any other weapon to apply poisons and the slowest possible mainhand weapon(reason that the BRD shanker was used for a long time) for backstabs and ambushes.
    Yeah, fast offhand for poison procs and a slow mainhander for max damage on BS and ambush. I only PvPed though, so I had the Lobotomizer and Scarlet Kris for most of the Vanilla experience, which where two great weapons that you could get outside of raiding.

Thankyou for sharing this information

Yeah, fast offhand for poison procs and a slow mainhander for max damage on BS and ambush. I only PvPed though, so I had the Lobotomizer and Scarlet Kris for most of the Vanilla experience, which where two great weapons that you could get outside of raiding.
    It was the same for fury warriors, fast offhand for rage gen and slow mainhand for heroic strike hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mained Priest during Vanilla, and levelling him sucked badly, at least until you could get your hands on a decent wand.
    I agree that a good wand makes it a lot easier. But then it wasnt warrior bad. I kinda enjoyed it on elysium and I think I did it under 7 days played with some minor pvp and afk.