Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    The Vengeance mass grip is much much worse and delayed.

And they dont have single grip or 3 ranged interrupts. Their aoe silence is also delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerzak View Post
    Pls kid don`t make me laugh
    Have either of you actually played the beta at 120, or watched streams or videos of it? Every decent level M+ on the beta has a DH tank in it. The ones that don't have a BDK in them. The other tanks are not really present (except Sco on his warrior because he loves warriors, but I don't expect him to actually main one in BfA, as they're just not strong enough).

It's all well and good to do some form of forum speculation, but the reality is that DH has been the beta fotm m+ tank for well over a month now, and nothing has changed on live. The fact that they now have purge, 5% magic damage debuff and the highest AoE damage by a landslide alone makes them worth it, and that's on top of AoE CC, AoE silence, mass grip and absurd mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    Have either of you actually played the beta at 120, or watched streams or videos of it? Every decent level M+ on the beta has a DH tank in it. The ones that don't have a BDK in them. The other tanks are not really present (except Sco on his warrior because he loves warriors, but I don't expect him to actually main one in BfA, as they're just not strong enough).

It's all well and good to do some form of forum speculation, but the reality is that DH has been the beta fotm m+ tank for well over a month now, and nothing has changed on live. The fact that they now have purge, 5% magic damage debuff and the highest AoE damage by a landslide alone makes them worth it, and that's on top of AoE CC, AoE silence, mass grip and absurd mobility.
    there is a brewmaster doing 11-14s routinely. he was also the 2nd tank to post a 16 done in time. take a look for trellsky on youtube. hell, shakib was streaming himself on monk a week ago and was talking about how good they felt to him.

but the reality is that DH has been the beta fotm m+ tank for well over a month now, and nothing has changed on live.
    Do you have some actual data supporting that statement?

guys i have a question. i'm a casual player but i never died during quest or anything relate to it but in bfa i died few times to normal mobs. Am i doing something wrong or more than 4+ pull are dangerous atm?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    there is a brewmaster doing 11-14s routinely. he was also the 2nd tank to post a 16 done in time. take a look for trellsky on youtube. hell, shakib was streaming himself on monk a week ago and was talking about how good they felt to him.
    Interesting. I've only done a little testing with Monk myself (I play all tanks). I'd currently say they're the top raid tank for BfA, even stronger than Guardian, but the whole stagger thing just isn't as important in M+. Beyond that, the main thing they bring that nobody else has is an AoE taunt, which is incredibly for keeping aggro when shit hits the fan, but it shouldn't be needed in higher mythics, where people should actually know what they're doing. Still, a 16 at this point is badass.

Do you have some actual data supporting that statement?
    No actual stats beyond observations, my own testing, my friends' testing and watching a lot of hours of tank and healer streams. Numbers would have to be in the thousands to be totally accurate, of course, but the general impression is that DHs were somewhat rare in the past, but are now easily the most represented tank when looking through groups and such. I haven't seen such an over representation of tanks since before the Ignore Pain nerf. Just spending a few days queueing up to stuff as a healer makes it seem like they're the favored tank by a huge margin, as they pop up like weeds on a lawn. I haven't heard of anyone actively playing in the beta that doesn't have the same impression, as they're simply everywhere. It's like they're being churned out of a cloning facility or something.

That being said, a lot of people might still stick with their current mains. It's easy to do a lot of beta testing on some other class, but still go back to the character with all the achievements, gear sets and what not.

Also, Blizzard might still tune certain things. I've done testing on all the tanks, and I can't fathom why Demon Hunters still have the kind of damage they have at 120. It just seems off, but time will tell how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    guys i have a question. i'm a casual player but i never died during quest or anything relate to it but in bfa i died few times to normal mobs. Am i doing something wrong or more than 4+ pull are dangerous atm?
    What's the scenario? BfA beta leveling or doing stuff in the pre-patch? The BfA leveling should be pretty smooth, but the mobs currently in the world are off due to the stat squish. Most of it was done via an algorithm as far as I know, so certain things are simply too weak or strong right now, especially when magic damage is involved.
    Last edited by Maylander; 2018-07-21 at 10:51 PM.

Sorry i forgot to mention. Its beta, during 118-119 i just cant pull so much mob but when i dinged to 120, the things went more snooth . I guess there is a scaling issue at certain levels?

I had no problem pulling multiple mobs at 118-119 in Beta. 4-5 was fine, a dozen was suicide, and that is normal.
    Remember, you start of leveling at incredibly high power compared to the content and every level you get weaker and weaker as you replace epic gear with quest greens.
    No class can do at 118 what they could do at 112 in gear 30 ilvl's over what quests give.

Its only at 120 that you again begin to gain power relative to the content.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I had no problem pulling multiple mobs at 118-119 in Beta. 4-5 was fine, a dozen was suicide, and that is normal.
    Remember, you start of leveling at incredibly high power compared to the content and every level you get weaker and weaker as you replace epic gear with quest greens.
    No class can do at 118 what they could do at 112 in gear 30 ilvl's over what quests give.

Its only at 120 that you again begin to gain power relative to the content.
    Although in previous expansions a tank with self healing would have little issue pulling 10+ mobs at X8-9. Maybe use a cooldown for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Have either of you actually played the beta at 120, or watched streams or videos of it? Every decent level M+ on the beta has a DH tank in it.

total lie

Naowh has played DK and Brewmaster, Divinefield was on Pala everytime I saw him.

In general watching popular streams of high level keys in the last 2 weeks I have actually not seen a single DH, it was always DK, Paladin or Brewmaster.

The main reason DH is considered good is simply his dmg output as a tank, when Blizzard tunes that DH will fall down the rankings.

Naowh has played DK and Brewmaster, Divinefield was on Pala everytime I saw him.

In general watching popular streams of high level keys in the last 2 weeks I have actually not seen a single DH, it was always DK, Paladin or Brewmaster.
    What's Shakib playing then, he was the most famous m+ veng dh in Legion.

Blood is probably the only DK spec that's currently going to be viable in BFA content. Frost and Unholy at 120 both feel horrible, Blood feels like...well, Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    What's Shakib playing then, he was the most famous m+ veng dh in Legion.
    hes gonna play dh. he has spent a little time streaming some brewmaster as well, but he will end up dh.

total lie

The main reason DH is considered good is simply his dmg output as a tank, when Blizzard tunes that DH will fall down the rankings.
    Totally agree with this. I'm just not sure if that tuning will occur.

Totally agree with this. I'm just not sure if that tuning will occur.
    There will likely be a tuning pass before or shortly after the first raid opens up.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There will likely be a tuning pass before or shortly after the first raid opens up.
    Yes, I'm aware of that.. I'm not sure they'll adress the Veng dps tho

Deleted
    Yes, I'm aware of that.. I'm not sure they'll adress the Veng dps tho
    they have always tried to balance tank dps

No not bad but not god tier either. It's a solid tank among other solid tanks.