New Cyberpower issue.

So I just bought a new cyberpower desktop from Best Buy three days ago. It's performance has been great but it has reset on its own twice and shut off once. I checked the event logs and got a Kernel-power critical error. Is this caused by a faulty power supply or ram?

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 5/20/2018 1:14:46 AM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-0GHFHVE
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-05-20T05:14:46.624202800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2616</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-0GHFHVE</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">2</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">true</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

10+ Year Old Account
    If you got it three days ago... I wouldn't even bother diagnosing it. Just exchange/return it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    If you got it three days ago... I wouldn't even bother diagnosing it. Just exchange/return it.
    What this guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So I just bought a new cyberpower desktop from Best Buy three days ago. It's performance has been great but it has reset on its own twice and shut off once. I checked the event logs and got a Kernel-power critical error. Is this caused by a faulty power supply or ram?

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 5/20/2018 1:14:46 AM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-0GHFHVE
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-05-20T05:14:46.624202800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2616</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-0GHFHVE</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">2</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">true</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    We get these in my shop often, the builds themselves are ok for the price but the power supplies are junk. I cant count how many power supplies I have replaced in these units in both of our shop locations. I usually tell my customers that want to purchase these to swap out the power supplies to something a bit better. You can take it back and exchange it but you may end up with the same issue because they are still going to be using the same power supply. If you tried to overclock anything (you will say you didn't even if you did) DONT DO IT, these are not built for overclocking.

I had one of these pre-built machines a while back. It did the same thing more or less. It would shut off randomly in the middle of a game or even web browsing. The power supply was just substandard. I just saved myself the aggravation and put a new PSU into it and built me next PC myself.

Ok, I was thinking of going back there and requesting them to install a new PSU. Figured they would rather do that than have me return it.

My only experience with Cyberpower was a pretty terrible one. Regarding this issue you're having, when I cracked open the case and looked at the cooler it was obvious the thermal paste was used in excess. It was literally pouring out of the sides of the heatsink/fan. I would imagine, like others have said, that you can just return it. If you're set on keeping it, I'm sure the warranty covers Geek Squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Ok, I was thinking of going back there and requesting them to install a new PSU. Figured they would rather do that than have me return it.
    They might. If they do, fantastic, but I'm betting the warranty covers "Replacing the unit". I doubt they have any parts in stock for that that would qualify their warranty fulfillment. They can't just pull one off the shelf and put it in (but, it might be authorized by mgmt!)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Dont buy cyberpower/ibuypower.

They are crap...i have heard nothing but bad stuff from them, and stay away from dell/alienware as well.

I recommend Asus