Thread: Season 14

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Season 14

Well with very little fanfare Season 13 is ending soon and Season 14 begins on June 15th.

It does not appear any changes are coming in for this season either which is not surprising. I was at least hoping for a little bit of tweaks on class sets to freshen things up a little bit. Anyways, what are you planning on playing for the new season?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Other games
    Hah, I don't blame you on that one.

Every season I spend at least a weekend or two with a friend gearing up and messing around though. I'm surprised I still get any playtime out of a game that gets as little updates as this one.

Other games
    Pretty much. No changes. Thats kinda dull.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Pretty much. No changes. Thats kinda dull.
    I'm holding out hope that a PTR with some small changes will hit as we still have a few weeks before the season launches.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean they could at least retune a couple of sets to give people a reason to play something different.
    Agreed, that is what I was hoping would happen. Even if it means just boosting a few of the other sets up a bit I'd be fine with it. I'd love for wizard to have some fun non-Archon builds and builds that do not use Etched Sigil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    what are you planning on playing for the new season?
    Lol good one. Let me know when we get some real news about a new diablo game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably (DMO) Wizard.

With the variable difficulty slider presesnted by Grifts, after a few seasons I got kinda bored of ladder climbing and grinding and now just play whacky meme builds that aim to be colourful and fun. Tal Rasha mage variants are usually pretty ... pretty to play, and probably some kind of dashing strike monk...

Bought the necromancer but despite getting one to 70 never made any headway with that class, just didn't really enjoy it much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna finish the seasonal journal, I think Guardian is the name of the last stage. Though I start a few weeks in so people can level+gear boost me, that way I finish the journal in like 6 hours then I retire the game till next season.

This game need a change!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

7+ Year Old Account
    Starting with Season 14, we’re introducing a new seasonal concept—themes. Throughout the next Season, we’ll be embracing our inner goblin and celebrating the Season of Greed. For the duration of Season 14, all Treasure Goblin spawns will be doubled
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/21839180/

10+ Year Old Account
    Going Crusader this season. I was actually considering going Monk, as I've not played Monk in a very long time but seeing as Akkhan is the free set it's going to be an easy choice for me this season.

I quite like that seasonal concept idea but just double goblins feels a bit lame.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tri-Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist for this season
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

No point playing anymore, no changes, no banwave, playing legit is so frustrating, waste of time.

I just read about this "themed seasons" thing. I mean - double goblin spawns? And what impact will it have on the game apart, well, nothing? Again, sign of a skeleton crew that works just to mantain activity high enough just because it's Diablo and they cannot simply let it go.

Hopefully the new Diablo game won't have this kind of shortcomings.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I just read about this "themed seasons" thing. I mean - double goblin spawns? And what impact will it have on the game apart, well, nothing? Again, sign of a skeleton crew that works just to mantain activity high enough just because it's Diablo and they cannot simply let it go.

Hopefully the new Diablo game won't have this kind of shortcomings.
    Yea, the idea is great but just double goblins is super boring. They mentioned other events but I doubt they'll be that super exciting either. The whole idea is great but the execution is super lackluster. So much more they could do with this, if they actually had someone working on D3 still.

I mean the double goblin thing is better than nothing...but not by much. I'd have much rather had some small tweaks to percentages on item sets and I'd have been happy. I know they are doing minimal work but they really should do just a tad more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yea, the idea is great but just double goblins is super boring. They mentioned other events but I doubt they'll be that super exciting either. The whole idea is great but the execution is super lackluster. So much more they could do with this, if they actually had someone working on D3 still.
    Yep. I'm not bashing D3 - in the sense that i have played it a lot so it definitely enters the "worth playing" category - but i'm sad that the team is using this kind of solutions that require extremely low effort to keep interest alive because they simply cannot do more. It's pretty clear now full force is on the new game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Meh, new season I will do the usual and play few weeks till I get bored. Probably back to wizard this season, though necro is still a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yep. I'm not bashing D3 - in the sense that i have played it a lot so it definitely enters the "worth playing" category - but i'm sad that the team is using this kind of solutions that require extremely low effort to keep interest alive because they simply cannot do more. It's pretty clear now full force is on the new game.
    Exactly, more evidence that it is extremely unlikely the new project is a D3 expansion or class pack. The whole team has pretty much moved on. D3 is run by a skeletal crew at the moment. Some seasons ago we still had balance fixes, but now even those have stopped. I will play the new season as I love Diablo still but it will just be for two weeks till I have finished the season again. Besides that there's very little reason to play. I hope a new game will fix that problem.

Deleted
    Probably won't play, if I do tho I will find a wierd build that isn't supposed to work and see what I can achieve.

Tempest Rush Monk would be an option but I played Sunwuko last season, might play Marauder Impale.

Marauder impale isnt a "weird build that isnt supposed to work" its incredibly strong