Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Pretty sure it's not an excuse. I literally cannot raid or pvp on my connection, which I why I asked if it would be possible with Broken Shore level gear. If it requires any sort of precise timing its not worth it for me to even try right now.
    If you can't raid or PvP then you can't do it, obviously. How bad can your connection be for you to not be able to raid LFR on it, you can manage with less than a 1mb connection. I did my Fury challenge May last year on a BT-Wifi hotspot after moving home and waiting for my line to be put in, where I had frequent disconnects, large lag spikes and approx a 0.2-0.5mb connection speed for about 2 months while I suffered incompetance of the company.

If you cannot do LFR because of your connection then you cannot do the challenge to begin with, but I'm skeptical your connection could be worse than what I had. Either way, ilvl870 with no legendaries is not going to cut it.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-07-11 at 11:41 AM.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

I agree. I didn't do the challenges since they came out mostly because I didn't feel I NEEDED any of the specific skins. I finally got around to doing Xylem on my Demon Hunter. Mostly because I don't like most glaives currently in the game. Including the Warglaives. After looking for a good pair for months; I relented and sought the challenge skin.

I have to say it was actually not bad. I went in there mostly blind because I love learning new encounters on the fly. (Here's looking at you Brawler's & dungeons/raids). I did make sure to have food pots and feasts available. I also guess it didn't hurt having 925 ilvl. Took three attempts. Made it to the voidwalker looking guy phase on the first try but died in the last phase. No cd's to use and I made the mistake of letting the adds getting to him once. Eventually he overran me. To make the fight easier to manage and have my cd's up at the end; I changed some things around. Moved away from my momentum build and went with an eye beam/blade dance build. That would help later on with adds but also synergized well with other talents that kept me topped off most of the first half of the fight. Even switched my head leggo for the eyebeam cd reduction; and the chest leggo was just good sustain. Second attempt was me polishing the voidwalker guy. Realizing I should tank in in the corners and run as far away as possible when he cast his focus etc spell. Third attempt was me nuking the ever loving vejeesus out of him.

So I am now a somewhat proud owner of the Flamereaper skin. Not sure if this will satisfy my warglaive needs but I definitely had had fun learning the encounter and pushing through it. I would recommend anyone to have a go at theirs. Just a fun way to play your class in an environment made for them. (Outside of those spec's I have heard about that are a nightmare for other reasons).
    Last edited by Megas Elekmatos; 2018-07-11 at 12:34 PM.

I'm on a 5 mb connection but its sattelite so it's not really reliable. Basically my ping can be anywhere from 600 on a good day to 2500+ on a bad day. It's also unstable so if to much is happening it just disconnects me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    I'm on a 5 mb connection but its sattelite so it's not really reliable. Basically my ping can be anywhere from 600 on a good day to 2500+ on a bad day. It's also unstable so if to much is happening it just disconnects me.
    That's pretty much what I delt with for about 2 months, you can still gear up in LFR/Argus with that. The fury challenge is doable for you, just gear up and then cheese it with elixirs, Lightblood + one other that gives 10% all stats. If you do that with fully unlocked artifact + ilvl900+ gear you can effectively completely trivialise the Fury challenge.

You're on your own with Arms/Prot though, try 920+ with a poor connection.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Ok so... i know this is a little late but this is proof of how bad my connection can be. first image is obv in game on a bad day, 2nd was a speedtest today which was average, and the 3rd was a speedtest done using my phone on a bad day but I uploaded it when I had a cell connection because it refused to upload from home. Can't upload a pic atm but my ping in WoW/LOL on an average day is 4-600

Ping in game on a bad day - https://imgur.com/S6wGZcf
    Down/Up Speeds on an average/good day - https://imgur.com/vOURZsO
    Down/Up Speeds on a bad day - https://imgur.com/mqSOGYM
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2018-09-08 at 03:15 AM.