Moonfire Legendary

Just a quick question. When using the Moonfire Legendary does the cleave moonfire prioritize non-moonfired targets? Just wondering how the new talent will act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. In a group of 4 adds if you target two non-moonfired targets everything should now have moonfire applied. In a group of 3, you could moonfire a single target twice and it will now be applied evenly.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but this has been my experience.

It goes Non-Affected > Closest Target. If all targets are affected and don't move, it will keep hitting the same target until you change your target or the debuff expires on another.

There's some issues with it not hitting some targets, usually ones not actively attacking(e.g. bats in mythic High Command), however, it will generally cleave off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    Just a quick question. When using the Moonfire Legendary does the cleave moonfire prioritize non-moonfired targets? Just wondering how the new talent will act.
    Just be careful as a tank in M+ as it can hit bosses that are not in combat. It's caused me a few wipes because I'll target a pack near a boss and it'll hit my target and the boss for some reason. It doesn't target enemies outside of combat unless they are bosses. Yay for stupid logic!

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Just be careful as a tank in M+ as it can hit bosses that are not in combat. It's caused me a few wipes because I'll target a pack near a boss and it'll hit my target and the boss for some reason. It doesn't target enemies outside of combat unless they are bosses. Yay for stupid logic!
    It's really weird on that. It's quite consistent, though. Bosses it happens on, it will always happen on, those it doesn't, it never will.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's really weird on that. It's quite consistent, though. Bosses it happens on, it will always happen on, those it doesn't, it never will.
    Yeah, I hate it. I forget about it sometimes and wipe my group in M+ as the tank.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Probably the biggest downside of losing Legiondaries for me is not having it as Guardian anymore. I'll miss Discobear.

That's good to hear, except the boss thing, hopefully that will be addressed. One of the most annoying things about playing balance is having to DoT every aoe pack with moonfires while everyone else is wailing away with their AoE's already. Having anything to speed this up will be fantastic and probably my go to talent for most situations.