Deleted

UI changes just reverted?

I've never had anything like that happen before. I spent a good part of the day adjusting my UI and when I logged back in just now after an hour or so I find my WA's and SUF have reverted back to a previous state. It's so odd that two separate addons have been affected and that one change, just the shape of my unit frame, has stayed as it was.

Any ideas on what happened?
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-05-22 at 04:24 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is your WoW on a solid state drive? I've had that happen with with WoW if I lost power or encountered a windows error while my WoW is on a SSD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Is your WoW on a solid state drive? I've had that happen with with WoW if I lost power or encountered a windows error while my WoW is on a SSD.
    I wasn't aware of any error but it must be something similar to your suggestion for it to affect two separate addons like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post

Any ideas on what happened?
    ya you alt f4 or just quit the game and didn't wait your 20 sec.

now you know why those 20 sec are important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    ya you alt f4 or just quit the game and didn't wait your 20 sec.

now you know why those 20 sec are important.
    Oh damn. I'm not certain but I think I remember just doing a quick shutdown or exiting the game quickly. I wasn't even aware that could cause that issue. I wish I could remember if I logged out properly at least once when I was making the changes...probably not.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-05-22 at 04:40 PM.

You should /reload ui or exit game in convenient way (via exit menu option) to save changes in addon settings.

if you have malwarebytes make sure the warden is turned off. it can revert settings sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    You should /reload ui or exit game in convenient way (via exit menu option) to save changes in addon settings.
    Exactly, when you make some changes, be sure to /reload ui. That way you save your settings

Thank you! very useful information!