Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Artifact Appearance Availability Change in Battle for Azeroth

Artifact Appearance Availability Change in Battle for Azeroth
    Blizzard recently made an adjustment to what artifact appearances are going away in Battle for Azeroth. The appearance awarded for completing a Mythic +15 will now still be obtainable after Legion ends. This means that only the Mage Tower base artifact appearances will no longer be available to unlock in Battle for Azeroth.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As testing continues in the Battle for Azeroth Beta, and we specifically consider the transition from Legion to BFA, we’ve decided to make the existing Keystone Master achievement permanent. There will not be a new achievement for completing a Mythic 15 or higher dungeon in the new expansion.

The artifact appearance associated with Keystone Master will still be available in Battle For Azeroth. Players can earn the achievement in Legion through August 13, or players can complete a Mythic 15 BFA dungeon at level 120, once Mythic Keystone difficulty opens a few weeks after the launch of Battle For Azeroth.

This means that the only artifact appearance that will become unobtainable with Battle For Azeroth is the Mage Tower base appearance.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good to see they're at least keeping that appearance obtainable. I don't see any reason to remove it.

I wish they would stop removing things from the game to keep them 'exclusive'.

Deleted
    i hope they will change the rep requirement for balance of power, or just make it an account wide unlock

Well i assume lvl 120 mythic15+ will be just as challenging and even much harder at start due to gears so its logical that reward stays .

I don't see anything wrong with exclusive things in game. There are no veteran rewards of any sort in WoW, so having items/mounts/whatever that only exist from a current point in time is a good way to show that you were there so to speak.

Deleted
    Make more things account-wide please

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, nice decision change. Still think they could set up a special scaling and gear system for those who want to go back and complete special legacy content like the mage tower and challenge dungeons in the future whilst making it so they won't be able to take advantage of the higher ilvl gear soft nerf of the challenge that people would have had when they did it as recent content. Basically keep it a challenge by setting players to a certain level and giving them a certain stats set up with which they have to complete the content if they hope to unlock the old cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with exclusive things in game. There are no veteran rewards of any sort in WoW, so having items/mounts/whatever that only exist from a current point in time is a good way to show that you were there so to speak.
    It's not like they're just giving it away (not any more than they already are at least). If you don't have it now, you'll still need to do Balance of power and a 15 in time in BFA. They're not making it significantly easier or harder by the looks of it, it's exactly the same.

Besides, it's just one color variant of that specific appearance. I doubt most people even know what the tint is for most of the weapons just from memory. Hardly anyone is going to care that your assassination daggers are red instead of green. Not to mention that some classes probably won't even use a weapon that can be transmogrified into the artifact when the expansion comes out and adds normal weapons once again. If a resto shaman ends up using a staff, that ever so prestigious hammer tint is going to mean nothing.

Should just leave them in... Druid's Bear form, for example, is just so unique.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Good to see they're at least keeping that appearance obtainable. I don't see any reason to remove it.

It in incredibly stupid, but they insist on catering to the 5% population of elitist d-bags who just can't enjoy something unless they know other people don't have access to it. Not sure why rewarding their arrogance at the expense of the majority of their players is a good business choice, but it's their player-base to alienate... not mine.

Doesn't make it any less incredibly stupid, though. e_e

Well the mage tower is still exclusive, so its not like they are giving everything in bfa too. This change really is only for one tint.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

When they remove things in the game it only makes me want to play the game less. Especially when we are told something will be removed and I feel superstressed trying to get it in time and end up becoming burnout :/

5+ Year Old Account
    Why even remove the Mage Tower appearances? I mean, making the default ones not obtainable, thus cutting restrictions to tints in case one misses default one.

If it is for the sake of 'people who did it will have rewards for working for something when it was current content', opposed to those who didn't finish or play at the time, then it's weird in my honest opinion.

They had them on time and were unique even if the 'scrubs' show up with those appearances and tints two expansions later. It doesn't really matter that much now, or does it?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Should just leave them in... Druid's Bear form, for example, is just so unique.
    I suspect they're going to provide a half-way point for the more unique models much like the order hall sets are watered down versions of the challenge sets from MOP.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Why even remove the Mage Tower appearances? I mean, making the default ones not obtainable, thus cutting restrictions to tints in case one misses default one.

If it is for the sake of 'people who did it will have rewards for working for something when it was current content', opposed to those who didn't finish or play at the time, then it's weird in my honest opinion.

They had them on time and were unique even if the 'scrubs' show up with those appearances and tints two expansions later. It doesn't really matter that much now, or does it?
    They are only removing the mage tower quest so you cant do it at lvl120. Without the quest you cant get apprearances. If you have done the quest you can get all the apprearances.

Balance of Power should also be made account-wide. There's no reason I should slog through this now that the content is utterly obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    When they remove things in the game it only makes me want to play the game less. Especially when we are told something will be removed and I feel superstressed trying to get it in time and end up becoming burnout :/
    I know them feels broski, like shit now I have to spend every waking moment working towards this or I can never get it again. I'm glad they at least give us a good bit of time, it would be truly terrible if they waited till the last minute to tell us or didn't say anything at all.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    It in incredibly stupid, but they insist on catering to the 5% population of elitist d-bags who just can't enjoy something unless they know other people don't have access to it. Not sure why rewarding their arrogance at the expense of the majority of their players is a good business choice, but it's their player-base to alienate... not mine.

Doesn't make it any less incredibly stupid, though. e_e
    Not being able to collect all the things certainly puts a giant dampener on even starting to collecting things for me. Even if I was never going to collect all the things. I lost a huge chunk of enjoyment out of gw2 when they decided to put in a pvp event in their timed event achievements, which I at the time had 100% on all in, i didn't get said ach and subsequently i never got a 100% in a timed event again, no point as all enjoyment was lost in doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Yap, same. I gave up on WoW at this point because i'm gonna miss out on those appearances. It's not that i can't beat them, but i don't really want to repeat the same content over 10-20 times. I don't have all alts at 110, much less at 950ilvl or whatever to beat it. (yes, i beat a few of them at less than 910).

I WISH i could still get them in BFA while my character is still at lvl 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    what do u mean? My 2008 brewfest mug gets me tons of ladies that are into wow veterans!!