Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Could anyone provide any early information on what stat balances are looking like for AoE and ST?
    haste > rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Could anyone provide any early information on what stat balances are looking like for AoE and ST?
    Haste like Gebuz said, but there's also scope for mastery to be a considerable stat with Stellar Flare now scaling with it.

We wont really know until all the Azerite traits are revealed and we know just how the spec will be in beta. At the moment, we're missing too much information to make those calls with certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    haste > rest.
    Even intellect or were you talking only about secondary stats?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Even intellect or were you talking only about secondary stats?
    Secondaries. Int isn't much of a decision.

Thoughts on newest build? Lots of changes and adjustments. I find it interesting that mf/sf are now on mastery table

New build came in. Number tuning aside, I'm somewhat perplexed by Stellar Flare and Starfall changes - for SF, is it now basically a worse DoT like Moonfire/Sunfire, but with a AP generator part? And is Starfall not applying the Stellar Empowerment any more at all? Or rather, it seems Stellar Empowerment is gone completely, as it's removed from Mastery as well and all DoTs now scale with Mastery?

I wonder how this will feel, since Starfall itself might feel quite weak now.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    New build came in. Number tuning aside, I'm somewhat perplexed by Stellar Flare and Starfall changes - for SF, is it now basically a worse DoT like Moonfire/Sunfire, but with a AP generator part? And is Starfall not applying the Stellar Empowerment any more at all? Or rather, it seems Stellar Empowerment is gone completely, as it's removed from Mastery as well and all DoTs now scale with Mastery?

I wonder how this will feel, since Starfall itself might feel quite weak now.
    What exactly did they do to the mastery? Just added moon fire and sun fire to it, sorry boomkin is my alt.

Deleted
    Starfall no longer empowers moonfire/sunfire, they are buffed directly by mastery now.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    What exactly did they do to the mastery? Just added moon fire and sun fire to it, sorry boomkin is my alt.
    They basically made Stellar Empowerment permanent, rather than tying it to Starfall. Starfall simply does damage now.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Starfall simply does damage now.
    and more to boot! i hope this gives moonkin a bit more oomph, it did similar damage to my destro on the beta but felt way worse, since nothing really impacts. stronger starfall and especially starsurge should fix that

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stellar Flare also generating AsP, and Killer Instinct supposedly removed. Curious what the intent is there, as it could possibly make restokitty defunct?

Stellar Flare Burns the target for [ 10% of Spell Power ] Astral damage, and then an additional [ 84% of Spell Power ] damage over 24 sec. Generates 8 Astral Power. Balance Druid - Level 90 Talent. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
    To me this seems like the most interesting change. Would love to see what people make of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Starfall no longer empowers moonfire/sunfire, they are buffed directly by mastery now.
    A welcome change really. Removing an extra gate for AoE damage to ramp up is a really positive QoL and gameplay change. Improvement in cross dotting and cleave (with Twin moons especially), solo play, you're not punished as much for dropping DoTs during Starfall (Starfall numbers got tuned up).

BfA Moonmoon with 25sec CD down from 30, Starlord buffed to 20sec buff timer from 15, Stellar drift radius nerf (30%->20%), Starsurge is a lot more relatively powerful in this build (ups the premium on Astral power and greater emphasises the choice between ST and AoE).

The Stellar flare change is interesting. I don't like the gameplay feel of it, but the numbers comparative to other spells are fair.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They basically made Stellar Empowerment permanent, rather than tying it to Starfall. Starfall simply does damage now.
    Before this change starfall damage was already underwhelming compare to starsurge, now they buff starsurge damage and make starfall no longer empower your dots guess it is even less reasons to cast starfall now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    Before this change starfall damage was already underwhelming compare to starsurge, now they buff starsurge damage and make starfall no longer empower your dots guess it is even less reasons to cast starfall now.
    Starfall and Starsurge were both buffed by about the same amount. I'll leave it to the pro-theorycrafters to figure it all out but with Stellar Flare getting such a big damage nerf I would imagine that Starfall with SotF and/or SD is worth it on 2+ targets now, and 3+ targets otherwise.

Deleted
    Starfall lost stellar empowerment. That was a huge part of it's damage. You'll need A LOT of targets now for Starfall to break even, and when you take into consideration how often you'd prefer the priority target damage you'll likely be casting Starfall in very few situations.

Deleted
    Unless you have Lunar Shrapnel Azerite trait. At least in the previous build it was busted as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Unless you have Lunar Shrapnel Azerite trait. At least in the previous build it was busted as fuck.
    right, but I somehow doubt it will stay broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Starfall lost stellar empowerment. That was a huge part of it's damage. You'll need A LOT of targets now for Starfall to break even, and when you take into consideration how often you'd prefer the priority target damage you'll likely be casting Starfall in very few situations.
    I would like to see the maths on this. Starfall lost Stellar Empowerment but it also had a lot of buffs in relation to its competitors. Its base damage was buffed 20%. Dot ticking damage was nerfed 10%. Stellar Flare was removed as a competitor spender. Starfall now scales with mastery at double the rate of Starsurge.

All Starfall really needs to overcome, as far as I can see, is the extra damage from filler empowerments generated by Starsurge. I don't know how much extra DPS they are generating but if we discount them for now then at 20% mastery Starfall beats Starsurge by about 18% per AP spent on only 2 targets when either SotF or SD is taken and 48% when both are taken. On 3 targets with both talents it wins by 120% per AP spent and 41% when neither talent is taken. Are Starsurge's empowerments enough to overturn this? Have I missed some other buff to Starsurge that doesn't also apply to Starfall equally?

Might just be a tooltip error but fury of elune is no longer included in the mastery either.