Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

2H Frost and Beta

You know what's funny?

When you create a DK Frost in Beta, the weapon that is equipped on it is a two-handed weapon.

Just to share the fact.

Bait and switch, my friend.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Bait and switch, my friend.
    You mean, Beta and switch?

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't start in Frost spec when you create a new DK on beta. You start in Unholy.

GET YOUR MEMES BUSTED, SON

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have they still not re-implemented 2H Frost for yet? Is it not coming back in BFA after all?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Have they still not re-implemented 2H Frost for yet? Is it not coming back in BFA after all?
    So far, no.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Based on https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6309?page=2#33, I doubt that Frost is getting 2H in BFA, since they want it to remain a "Frost remains a fast-paced, proc-based rotation"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's ever coming back.

I suspect they never enjoyed the freedom Frost Death Knight's had in being able to pick either two handed or dual wield, not because they are anti fun but because they essentially had to balance frost against itself.

Once Legion's artifact system came along they were presented with a golden opportunity to standardize Frost and it ending up as the dual wield spec was inevitable from that point on.

Now that they've had two years of Frost being a dual wield spec, a 2hander version would probably be seen as too much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylad View Post
    Based on https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6309?page=2#33, I doubt that Frost is getting 2H in BFA, since they want it to remain a "Frost remains a fast-paced, proc-based rotation"
    Now all we're missing is the fast paced on beta.

Some time ago we were suppost to be the slow juggernaut, in reality we were just the slow bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Now all we're missing is the fast paced on beta.

Some time ago we were suppost to be the slow juggernaut, in reality we were just the slow bloke.
    I'm looking forward to trying the new changes on Beta, but I don't see where the "fast-paced" portion of the spec is currently.

Never coming back.

"Frostscythe A sweeping attack that strikes all enemies in front of you for [ 12.64% [ 14% of Attack Power ] Frost damage. This attack benefits from Killing Machine. Critical strikes with Frostscythe deal 4 times normal damage. Requires Melee Weapon. Frost Death Knight - Level 90 Talent. 1 Runes. 8 yd range. Instant."

Technicallyyyyyyy you can play as 2H frost, but only using Frostscythe, autoattacks and howling blast. I'm going to do this 110-120

Well,I think,that they won't bring 2h frost,mainly to differentiate the frost from UH and to reduce the loot competition for the 2h weapons.Remember,that in BfA the weapons will start to mean something again.ATM,2h wielders are:
    1)arms warrior;
    2)fury warrior (who needs 2 of em)
    3)retribution paladin
    4)survival hunter
    5)unholy dk

DW users are:
    1)monks
    2)DH
    3)rogues
    4)frost dk's
    5)enhancement shaman

I think,that they will keep the frost the way it's just because the frost dk nowadays is an improved TBC fury warrior,with flashy spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Well,I think,that they won't bring 2h frost,mainly to differentiate the frost from UH and to reduce the loot competition for the 2h weapons.
    Everything will be personal loot in BfA. So that perspective doesn't apply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just keep crying about 2H like a petulant child and they'll probably bring it back. Try creating another 5 petition threads, maybe they'll squeeze support in before August, lolol.

Imagine using children's tactics to get what you want in a children's video game, lmao..

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Just keep crying about 2H like a petulant child and they'll probably bring it back. Try creating another 5 petition threads, maybe they'll squeeze support in before August, lolol.

Imagine using children's tactics to get what you want in a children's video game, lmao..
    They could make it a cosmetic change only. Monks can use either one-handers or a staff with the same effect, so I don't see the issue at all for 2H frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    They could make it a cosmetic change only. Monks can use either one-handers or a staff with the same effect, so I don't see the issue at all for 2H frost.
    No, they can't anymore. Brewmaster is strictly 2h and WW is strictly dual wield. It's unfortunate(especially because for monks it was just cosmetic/dependent on your drops at the end of WoD), but they did it for the same reason: it's too much work to balance for very little benefit.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, they can't anymore. Brewmaster is strictly 2h and WW is strictly dual wield. It's unfortunate(especially because for monks it was just cosmetic/dependent on your drops at the end of WoD), but they did it for the same reason: it's too much work to balance for very little benefit.
    I don't get the statement since it was only cosmetic. And since loot is personal in BfA, competition about weapon drops isn't really a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I don't get the statement since it was only cosmetic. And since loot is personal in BfA, competition about weapon drops isn't really a thing.
    Except for about 3 years of the 4 before it was removed it was not just cosmetic in the case of monks, and for DK it absolutely was not just cosmetic at any point.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU