Deleted

Loot chests nerf?

Hey guys,
    so I currently play at 4 accounts and had some loot chests stored. I realized since last patch a lot of the normal loot boxes would get me 4 common boxes up to 80% now. Before it was more like 33% that I only had trash chests. I use a common system of rerolling only once in case no rare+ chest is in the normal loot box for over a year now and the I absolutely feel the "nerf". Since none of us works at Blizzard and they didn't mention anything you are free to tell me "it's just bad luck". But I opened more than 30 common loot boxes since the patch hit (normal ones + event ones) and in my personal record it's not within a normal variance but as mentioned earlier a drastic dimension. It sucks to pay 250g for almost every lootbox now.

*enters bunker* What do you say?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you've just had bad luck. I just bought a pack of x20 loot chests for this holiday and I think I only had one box that was all commons. I would say most of my boxes were two commons / two rares, but I did get a few epics and two legendaries.

Maybe I had overly good rng, but I think getting 80% of your boxes with all commons is just really bad luck. I doubt they would nerf something like that without the entire community noticing.

Also, I think doing that kind of nerf would discourage people from buying loot boxes which is counter to their goals.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Opened two boxes since the event started. Got Space Lord Leoric from one of them after one reroll. Clearly legendary chance is up to 33%. Skin is ugly btw, will stick to the old master skin; that gravitas.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Tziva If you purchased 20 loot chest, let me tell you that zero of them was all commons. No purchased chests are, they changed that a while ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    @Tziva If you purchased 20 loot chest, let me tell you that zero of them was all commons. No purchased chests are, they changed that a while ago
    I'm pretty sure one was, is there an exception for certain items? (shards or something? can you even get shards in common amounts?) It was Tuesday though so it's entirely possible that I am misremembering, or that I got it from a leveling box on the same day that wasn't part of the pack I bought.

In any case, 80% of boxes being all commons way does not jive with my experience or anything else I've seen online, so I don't think it's anymore more than bad luck.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Not 100% sure how shards and stimpacks are valued, but entirely possible that the second lowest value (3-day stimpack, 50 shards) can replace the uncommon.

15+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG.

That's really all there is.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm pretty sure one was, is there an exception for certain items? (shards or something? can you even get shards in common amounts?) It was Tuesday though so it's entirely possible that I am misremembering, or that I got it from a leveling box on the same day that wasn't part of the pack I bought.
    No, there is no exception. Purchases loot boxes ALWAYS give 1 blue. It might have been a duplicate, the blue might have been shards, but there was definitely at least 1 rare in every box you bought. If you got an all common one, it was probably the leveling box as you suggested.