Thread: Speed

Speed

With the removal of the speed % listing in the character panel does anyone know how much faster a ground mount is compared to feral or travel form?

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...characterstats

Cat 30%
    Travel 100%
    Travel in combat 40%
    Mount 100%

Wouldn't the values still be the same? Like narendal posted.

Cat 30%
    Travel 100%
    Travel in combat 40%
    Mount 100%

Wait so there's seriously no point in mounting as a feral druid??? Is it the same for non feral- druids? So many seconds wasted mounting!

Quote Originally Posted by OhBoyKittens View Post
    Cat 30%
    Travel 100%
    Travel in combat 40%
    Mount 100%

Wait so there's seriously no point in mounting as a feral druid??? Is it the same for non feral- druids? So many seconds wasted mounting!
    No if you travel a great distance on ground mount, then mounting will be worth. Ur regular runspeed is set as 100%. When you go to travel form it will be 200%, but mounted and in a guild you will have 220%. But yes, travel form is the same for all 4 specs, why would you think differently? Travel form is not affected by any speed buffs like gear, pots, roar and passives.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    No if you travel a great distance on ground mount, then mounting will be worth. Ur regular runspeed is set as 100%. When you go to travel form it will be 200%, but mounted and in a guild you will have 220%. But yes, travel form is the same for all 4 specs, why would you think differently? Travel form is not affected by any speed buffs like gear, pots, roar and passives.
    As of Legion you are wrong. The out of combat travel form speed increase benefits from all effects that increase mounted movement speed. That includes the guild perk (which is only 10% and additive, not multiplicative since that was changed in WoD) and the Broken Isles Pathfinder (20%, doesn't stack afaik).
    But then druids have the additional perk of a bodyguard that gives them increased movement speed in travel form so if anything they're faster than everyone else on Broken Isles and Argus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

The only differences I've seen are in old content. The Stables and Pathfinder buffs in WoD don't affect travel forms, so you're best off using mounts, especially in Tanaan.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    210% for guilded. It's 10% additive, not multiplied.

Mounted speed increases should apply to Travel Form though. It's stupid.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    210% for guilded. It's 10% additive, not multiplied.

Mounted speed increases should apply to Travel Form though. It's stupid.
    It's not like they aren't regularly fixing them to do so. Though it's probably time they just make it so they do it by default.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not like they aren't regularly fixing them to do so. Though it's probably time they just make it so they do it by default.
    We still lose 10% speed in instances where you can mount but aren't in the Broken Isles. Depending on the distance you have to travel though, that's a decent chunk of lost speed.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    We still lose 10% speed in instances where you can mount but aren't in the Broken Isles. Depending on the distance you have to travel though, that's a decent chunk of lost speed.
    On the other hand, there are instances where you can't mount but Travel Form works. Try keeping up with a Druid in Neltharion's Lair.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    On the other hand, there are instances where you can't mount but Travel Form works. Try keeping up with a Druid in Neltharion's Lair.
    That's more a lack of consistency, see AP tokens for a prime example of that.