Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

View Poll Results: Would you support 1v1 Ranked Arena?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 39.62%
  • No

32 60.38%

Thread: 1v1 Arena

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    I have a feeling tanks and healers are probably going to ruin it.

But it could be fun.
    What if you are not allowed to queue as either?

Jesus Christ you people are so bad at thinking... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    What if you are not allowed to queue as either?

Jesus Christ you people are so bad at thinking... lol.
    Why would they not allow people to play the specs they want to?

Now whos bad at thinking..

Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    Why would they not allow people to play the specs they want to?

Now whos bad at thinking..
    Because those specs are by nature and even lore not suitable for 1v1 (aka dueling) purposes.

As a healer, you intend to heal, not damage anybody except by necessity.

As a tank, you intend to taunt an enemy so as to spare his wrath upon your allies, also not intended for 1v1.

Therefore you should have a DPS spec for dueling purposes.

IF they can find a way to balance things out, THEN we can talk about including them. No problem. But it makes no sense to put a Resto Druid against a Warrior Tank as things stand right now.

Really, 1v1 Arena is one of the best POSSIBLE things for WoW. You master dueling combat. You prove your might, toe to toe, one against one. The one thing missing from the game all these years.

If Blizzard make specs more advanced/complex like pre WoD + add 1v1 ranked Arena, I would bow to them every day.

Top 500 full of BDK?

I would support this only so I could laugh at all the salt on the wow forums.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    It'd be seen as a joke title for unskilled/uncoordinated players who have to roll the faceroll fotm unbeatable dueling class to be able to finally get a pvp accomplishment, but sure why not toss them a bone.

3v3 is the micro-dicked bracket for people that are too slow at FPS games, too retarded for RTS games, too shit at MOBAs, and too clumsy for fighting games.

But hey, maybe you can make a great Hearthstone player.

Im really excited about the 1v1 Arena. I think it will be fun, but I definitely think that there should be no rewards or titles for it, otherwise its just going to be full of tanks and disc priests.

Hello It Me
    They had a choice - try to balance arena or try to balance individual classes relative to other classes. They chose arena, there's a reason why 2v2 is so horrible; this would never end well.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

Quote Originally Posted by Defias-Pillager View Post
    3v3 is the micro-dicked bracket for people that are too slow at FPS games, too retarded for RTS games, too shit at MOBAs, and too clumsy for fighting games.

But hey, maybe you can make a great Hearthstone player.
    Lol I triggered the OP so hard he came back while banned with an alt account to REEEE at me.

Let's see these 1v1s happen to settle down kids like this.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Im really excited about the 1v1 Arena. I think it will be fun, but I definitely think that there should be no rewards or titles for it, otherwise its just going to be full of tanks and disc priests.
    Atm there is nothing to find rogues with but if you go out of the arena the rogue wins. Other than that can mount around the pillar until server shut down, don't get dampening or anything

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Lol I triggered the OP so hard he came back while banned with an alt account to REEEE at me.

Let's see these 1v1s happen to settle down kids like this.
    This isn't an alt from the OP.

This is another person telling you that you're a moron and should go join a doomsday cult.

Great idea! But... ranked? No. It would be an awesome pvp gimmick like random bgs and wpvp, but since 1v1 is so out of whack for a lot of specs, making them too powerful or too weak, you can't attach a ranking system to it.