1. #5521
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's close. Bit more of a bell/gong resonation. Damage is complete garbage and (best of my knowledge) shovels can't be upgrades, so it really is a joke weapon.
    Somehow the damage being garbage is just an enhancement.

    >.>
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  2. #5522
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,197
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Are industrial water purifiers bugged?

    I built five of them, powered them up, and then just afk'd in my base for ten minutes... Only one purifier produced one single purified water, the other four didn't produce anything.

    They are supposed to produce 60/hour each?
    Adding more purifiers doesn't increase production, it increases storage. Your first purifier will fill up first, then the next, and so on. It's weird enough that I assume it's a deliberate design choice.

    That said, I doubt you'd need more. I don't visit my camp and restock super-regularly, and I've got Speed Demon which doubles hunger/thirst rates and Class Freak doesn't mitigate that. I have only the one industrial purifier. That thing's always capped when I get back to base (5 water), and between that and looting/events, I sell off purified water by the dozen as it is. The only real reason you'd want more is to farm it to sell it for caps, to vendors.

  3. #5523
    Bloodsail Admiral ovm33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The 'Nati
    Posts
    1,044
    Pretty sure I saw you at my Camp yesterday Endus. Thought that was kinda fun - seeing someone you actually know the name of just randomly show up.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

  4. #5524
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,197
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Pretty sure I saw you at my Camp yesterday Endus. Thought that was kinda fun - seeing someone you actually know the name of just randomly show up.
    Quite possible; since the game sticks you with your Bethesda login and you can't change the goddamned thing, I used one of my "FINE, here's a bunch of numbers after what I want" login names, so if you see Endus1000 at your camp, that's me.

    And if you've got armor or weapons on your vendor, you'll probably see me at your camp if I hit that server. Endus needs better than one-star weapons and needs new armor because I tried Weightless and holy balls the Chameleon mutation is annoying me.

  5. #5525
    Bloodsail Admiral ovm33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The 'Nati
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Quite possible; since the game sticks you with your Bethesda login and you can't change the goddamned thing, I used one of my "FINE, here's a bunch of numbers after what I want" login names, so if you see Endus1000 at your camp, that's me.

    And if you've got armor or weapons on your vendor, you'll probably see me at your camp if I hit that server. Endus needs better than one-star weapons and needs new armor because I tried Weightless and holy balls the Chameleon mutation is annoying me.
    Chameleon is horrible. I'm an entirely power armor user, addicted to the carry weight, but I wanted something to hide me if I was creeping at my camp. Holy hell batman - is that the worst most annoying thing ever. Soon as I find another decently priced marsupial serum I'm showering my mutations away and going back to my level 10 chameleon leather leg. Least that only makes the damn noise once when crouching.

    I know your a rifleman but you run manual or vats?
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

  6. #5526
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,197
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Chameleon is horrible. I'm an entirely power armor user, addicted to the carry weight, but I wanted something to hide me if I was creeping at my camp. Holy hell batman - is that the worst most annoying thing ever. Soon as I find another decently priced marsupial serum I'm showering my mutations away and going back to my level 10 chameleon leather leg. Least that only makes the damn noise once when crouching.

    I know your a rifleman but you run manual or vats?
    I spec manual but use VATS for convenience like 80% of the time. It's just easier to hit q and headshot the next super mutant as I'm sliding through West Tek than it is to slow down and line up a proper shot. I'd invest in more Luck but I don't have room in my build; I may trim down from 8 Intelligence to 5 (for Gunsmith) and trim out some more Strength (I think I'm still at 7 or 8) now that I've got a backpack, but I want to get a few of these Possum badges finished before shifting the Intelligence (the hacking ones in particular; running with all three hacking mods just until I punch that out).

    I should probably purge my mutations and serum up sometime myself. I did it "the hard way", so i've got stuff like Chameleon that I don't really need at all.

    If anyone's wondering WHY I hate the Chameleon mutation (not the legendary mod), the mutation doesn't have a sound effect (good for PvP, but I don't PvP) but there's a MUCH more visible screen effect when it triggers, that washes everything out to monochrome for a sec. And it will de-trigger every time you move, and re-trigger every time you stop moving for a half-second, as long as your gun is out (putting the gun away turns the feature off). This is true whether you're crouching or not, unlike the legendary mod, which only works when crouching, and doesn't have a screen effect other than the see-through model. The in-game function of the mutation is great, and it's probably amazing in PvP because of the lack of sound effect, but it drives me batty when I'm playing.

  7. #5527
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I've got to level 10 and meh... is there any news on the private servers though?
    I haven't heard anything.

    I'm pretty ready for a reason to play this game again.

  8. #5528
    Old God I Push Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,401
    I finally got a legendary weapon I can actually use and its not half bad


  9. #5529
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,197
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I finally got a legendary weapon I can actually use and its not half bad
    I know Bloodied is OP. I know it stacks with Unyielding armor in glorious ways (since both require low health).

    I just can't make myself run around with 25% health and the rest irradiated. It hurts me in my soul.

  10. #5530
    Scarab Lord Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    4,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I know Bloodied is OP. I know it stacks with Unyielding armor in glorious ways (since both require low health).

    I just can't make myself run around with 25% health and the rest irradiated. It hurts me in my soul.
    yep, I'm the type of guy who literally cannot stand not being health capped, even if its 99.9% capacity, like 20 HP missing of 30000 and i still want to top it off.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol
    .

  11. #5531
    "Mutants Exploding the Dragon" is not just my new favorite weapon, but my new heavy metal band name.

  12. #5532


    Big reveal in this new trailer.

  13. #5533
    Guess they finally figured out how to make actual human npcs.

  14. #5534
    Imagine the brass balls to release an RPG set in the Fallout world, and then charge for an expansion a year later that actually has the RPG game.

  15. #5535
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Imagine the brass balls to release an RPG set in the Fallout world, and then charge for an expansion a year later that actually has the RPG game.
    It's free.

  16. #5536
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Imagine the brass balls to release an RPG set in the Fallout world, and then charge for an expansion a year later that actually has the RPG game.
    imagine not playing fallout76 and having no idea everything they add is free. . .

  17. #5537
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    It's free.
    Your paying for it one way or another.

  18. #5538
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,197
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Guess they finally figured out how to make actual human npcs.
    They always knew how to. Look at Fallout 4.

    Their lack in 76 at launch was a deliberate story decision.


    Plus, I think we're ignoring the biggest reveal;



    Fucking. Bows. YES.

  19. #5539
    Sucks still no info on modding nor p.servers, but at least they are addressing the players complaints little by little.

    The battle royal mode though =P

  20. #5540
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    16,040
    A battle royale, that'll fix this game, sure. Jesus Christ.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •