Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Yeah, kinda just seems like they're testing the waters for more goodies. Seeing how much backlash this will get before committing.
    Cosmetics won't sell much - the game is far from the eye candy. The game sold pretty well, but most players left, the one who plays know is as close to a "whales" as it gets. So sort of utility items can be a very lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's my big issue; I don't see the POINT of this. I don't see who would buy it. So why are they bothering? It smells like an attempt to set a precedent.
    This just shows how bad Bethesda is at PR. This sort of "pay to be lazy" item... is just baffling. I'd wager finding an armor or weapon bench isn't more of a 2-3 minute run from most anywhere on the map, and am surprised there hasn't been a map posting showing all the spots. Naturally though when any MTX discussion comes up, the anti-MTX crowd chimes in and goes nuts, with of course them being given ample ammo by Bethesda.

What I really think occurred is that a repair kit isn't in Bethesda's "vision" of the game. They view the repair process as part of the baseline concept of the game, and since this ventures outside of that they believe it should be a paid atom shop item or rare drop. That honestly makes sense, so whatever the logic is, it would have been great to hear it. This is why I believe the other items from their notes "such as refrigerators for C.A.M.P.s, ammo and food converters, and even the ability to send scrap to your stash without having to head home." may end up being atom shop, and not just a poorly strung together thought. Dumping to stash especially seems to conflict with the vision. Fridges, ammo converters, and food canning, however are borderline, but since two of those are food not spoiling ever items, and ammo converters would interrupt the ammo material farming, I really do believe that's atom shop preview items.

Though this is likely a test of the water, which I hope Bethesda noted became horribly toxic instantaneously. I can't imagine their MTX model is raking them in cash too greatly, it's too easy to make atoms in the game.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    This just shows how bad Bethesda is at PR. This sort of "pay to be lazy" item... is just baffling. I'd wager finding an armor or weapon bench isn't more of a 2-3 minute run from most anywhere on the map, and am surprised there hasn't been a map posting showing all the spots. Naturally though when any MTX discussion comes up, the anti-MTX crowd chimes in and goes nuts, with of course them being given ample ammo by Bethesda.

What I really think occurred is that a repair kit isn't in Bethesda's "vision" of the game. They view the repair process as part of the baseline concept of the game, and since this ventures outside of that they believe it should be a paid atom shop item or rare drop. That honestly makes sense, so whatever the logic is, it would have been great to hear it. This is why I believe the other items from their notes "such as refrigerators for C.A.M.P.s, ammo and food converters, and even the ability to send scrap to your stash without having to head home." may end up being atom shop, and not just a poorly strung together thought. Dumping to stash especially seems to conflict with the vision. Fridges, ammo converters, and food canning, however are borderline, but since two of those are food not spoiling ever items, and ammo converters would interrupt the ammo material farming, I really do believe that's atom shop preview items.

Though this is likely a test of the water, which I hope Bethesda noted became horribly toxic instantaneously. I can't imagine their MTX model is raking them in cash too greatly, it's too easy to make atoms in the game.
    You do realize that repair kits have been in the game since at least Fallout 2, probably Fallout 1 but been over 15 years since I played that one, and every Fallout game since right so I am not sure I understand your "isn't in Bethesda's 'vision'." statement. That includes Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4, so putting them in as MTX in any form is a very screwed up slap in the face to any Fallout player.

Coming from a Runescape player, I doubt the decision to put MTX had much to do with the dev's but moreso the business heads of the company. The playerbase complained for years and years about the increasing MTX and it never did a damn thing to stop it. And I even like the Runescape devs. I feel like their changes to the game would be closest to my own if I were in their shoes. Unlike the WoW devs who like to say "you think you know what you want, but you don't." But sometimes, they have to bow down to their Chinese overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Coming from a Runescape player, I doubt the decision to put MTX had much to do with the dev's but moreso the business heads of the company. The playerbase complained for years and years about the increasing MTX and it never did a damn thing to stop it. And I even like the Runescape devs. I feel like their changes to the game would be closest to my own if I were in their shoes. Unlike the WoW devs who like to say "you think you know what you want, but you don't." But sometimes, they have to bow down to their Chinese overlords.
    This is something that's been rolling around in my head a bit, too. I honestly think the way it shook out indicates a bit of a divide between the devs and the marketing/sales guys. The latter (this is all speculation, FWIW) likely demanded some form of gameplay-based MTX, because "encouraging" players to spend more money is good for Bethesda's bank accounts. The devs likely resisted that, but didn't have the authority to outright refuse; I think that is why we have two types of repair kits; the "repair to 100%" ones supposedly going to the ATOM shop (which anyone can do better than via proper repairs w/ perks and mats), and the Improved Repair Kits that drop off events/boss mobs, and if those drop often enough, they'd ensure nobody would ever want to buy the "bad" repair kits. You'd want to carry a couple of these around for emergency repairs mid-SBQ fight or something, but that's about it, and they wouldn't be your primary repair choice (they repair to 150%; I can repair armor and weapons to 200% with perks).

The sales/marketing types likely just don't follow the game well enough to realize this, and don't see that the devs have given players a way to avoid the MTX.

Like I said, that's ALL speculation, but it's a story I've seen play out before. And honestly, the setup they've suggested doesn't make sense without something else going on.

supposedly everything reported but player vending to drop today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    supposedly everything reported but player vending to drop today
    Unless they JUST changed it, Shear Terror questline should be up tomorrow, as well as (I think) the vendor changes (so that every vendor shares the same 1400 cap limit); need confirmation on that one. I know it's coming, just not sure the timeline.

The camera and the Burrows dungeon are slated for next week, the 16th.

the vendor thing is right, even the ones that are at train stations ect share the 1400 cap limit.

it seems to get specific mods you still need to go to those vendors not in whitespring. (none showed for me) but the plans still show up in whitesprings

I'm not sure why the 1400 shared caps change was really needed, I didn't actually see a single player asking for that. I thought it was pretty immersive going around to each different faction's vendors to sell junk when you needed it.

I'm not sure why the 1400 shared caps change was really needed, I didn't actually see a single player asking for that. I thought it was pretty immersive going around to each different faction's vendors to sell junk when you needed it.
    i love it. don't need to go around anymore.. also helps people who have no clue where the other vendors are to cap out the 1400 a day

10+ Year Old Account
    The 200 cap limit was arbitrary and restrictive, and trying to remember which vendor you'd hit up within their 20-hour reset window was frustrating. Combining that was a big win: I'd argue the faction Whitespring vendors are the unnecessary part.

The 200 cap limit was arbitrary and restrictive, and trying to remember which vendor you'd hit up within their 20-hour reset window was frustrating. Combining that was a big win: I'd argue the faction Whitespring vendors are the unnecessary part.
    it's nice not having to find out which vendor i haven't been to yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmation in today's Inside the Vault that the Burrows dungeons is technically balanced around 2+ 50+ players, but it IS soloable, though you might want good gear.

I don't think "good gear" means "top-shelf legendaries". Fully-kitted max-level gear should be fine, even without legendary mods (though those obviously help).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how it will work though? Will it be instanced? Where does it check if you are solo? Can someone just join at the end to get the loot? Will loot selling be a thing? Join a cleared run just for the final reward over and over?

So many options for abuse

Dont get me wrong, I'm all hyped for it and wont try to sell or boost or whatever, just stating my fears with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochinko View Post
    I wonder how it will work though? Will it be instanced? Where does it check if you are solo? Can someone just join at the end to get the loot? Will loot selling be a thing? Join a cleared run just for the final reward over and over?

So many options for abuse

Dont get me wrong, I'm all hyped for it and wont try to sell or boost or whatever, just stating my fears with it
    They've said it's instanced, I think.

I don't think there's a "check" if you're solo. It probably scales up health if you've got 3-4 people, but I doubt it scales anything down for solo players.
    Even if people can join "at the end", the only loot they'd qualify for is stuff that's earned past that point. It could include the finale reward, but those aren't that big a deal; it's not much different from joining an Event as it ends.

Loot selling will exist, once player vending is out, so it's your choice if you want to spend 8000 caps on that dungeon clothing or run the dungeon yourself; it's not "abuse" either way.

We don't even know if there IS a "final reward". There's a quest, which will have a quest reward, but you do that once, and then it's done. Subsequent runs are likely just to get drops and instanced world loot.

sweet.. so me and my two friends could easily do it then.

Not sure I like the new boss fight. The sneak damage bug still isn't fixed. The pylons endlessly draining your health just drains your stimpacks aimlessly. It's a mechanic that belongs in WoW more than Fallout. But I do like the new sneak weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I like the new boss fight. The sneak damage bug still isn't fixed. The pylons endlessly draining your health just drains your stimpacks aimlessly. It's a mechanic that belongs in WoW more than Fallout. But I do like the new sneak weapon.
    The fight's super easy, as long as people know what to do.

Three people need to trigger conduits and not die. That means eating stimpacks and running around/getting on top of the hut.
    Everyone else needs to split time between blitzing the boss, and clearing adds. If a conduit goes down, focus ENTIRELY on adds until all three are up again.

The only times I died was in the first few runs when I triggered a conduit and didn't realize A> that there was a DOT and B> that the boss takes it as TIME TO EAT YOUR FACE OFF.

The event's also unnecessary, unless you want the loot from it. In which case, you need to figure this out.

The fight's super easy, as long as people know what to do.

Three people need to trigger conduits and not die. That means eating stimpacks and running around/getting on top of the hut.
    Everyone else needs to split time between blitzing the boss, and clearing adds. If a conduit goes down, focus ENTIRELY on adds until all three are up again.

The only times I died was in the first few runs when I triggered a conduit and didn't realize A> that there was a DOT and B> that the boss takes it as TIME TO EAT YOUR FACE OFF.

The event's also unnecessary, unless you want the loot from it. In which case, you need to figure this out.
    The event is the most important part which drops all the important loot. Otherwise it's just working way to hard to kill a typical 3 star legendary.

Also, in other news, Bethesda just confirmed the Burrows is tuned around 2 +50 players but can be done solo. All that's left is if the place gives you worthwhile loot to farm it. Bethesda seems to be stuck with the idea that giving players a 3 star legendary mob that more than likely drops a 1 star item is an ideal reward for a challenge.

I think they also fixed a bug that let players jump through the floor and skip to the end of silos. That may be why a lot of you are seeing less nukes going off.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-04-12 at 06:54 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they did talk about a big reward / a lot of loot for completing / doing the dungeon. Also since its our first max level dungeon that is tuned for multiple players I would assume it to be at least a worthwhile alternative to civic center server hopping or whitesprings. Also since its instanced maybe you can do multiple runs on the same server which would cut down on server hopping aswell.