10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    so legend vendor gave me a 2* Anti-armor+vats +50% crit handmade earlier.
    I got an Anti-Armor Shovel. I'm keeping it purely because of the sound it makes when you whang someone over the head.

I would have preferred a raid for the next update, but another event is fine I guess. But they should honestly look into fixing sneak damage if more group content like that is going to be a thing. No other spec in the game loses all their damage because something or someone else exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I would have preferred a raid for the next update, but another event is fine I guess. But they should honestly look into fixing sneak damage if more group content like that is going to be a thing. No other spec in the game loses all their damage because something or someone else exists.
    The sneak damage thing is weird; it's not an always thing. If I hit up an SBQ fight, I can be SAing the Queen most of the fight, even if I'm crouching next to three dudes in power armor hosing her with laser gatlings. But then hitting the spawns is 50/50, at best, even though my screen is showing [CAUTION], not [DANGER].

It's probably even more complicated because awareness is tracked per-mob (with some interconnection).

I'd really like it fixed, too, obviously, I just assume it's weirdly complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are industrial water purifiers bugged?

I built five of them, powered them up, and then just afk'd in my base for ten minutes... Only one purifier produced one single purified water, the other four didn't produce anything.

They are supposed to produce 60/hour each?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

I built five of them, powered them up, and then just afk'd in my base for ten minutes... Only one purifier produced one single purified water, the other four didn't produce anything.

It's the biggest mistake I see going to other people's camps. Water production is capped per character and the water purifiers basically just act as a storage for them. You really only need 2-3 small ones take full advantage of it. A bunch of the big ones aren't going to make anymore water than that. Otherwise people would just spam those all around their camp and become Wasteland Water Farmers who don't really have to do anything for caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's the biggest mistake I see going to other people's camps. Water production is capped per character and the water purifiers basically just act as a storage for them. You really only need 2-3 small ones take full advantage of it. A bunch of the big ones aren't going to make anymore water than that. Otherwise people would just spam those all around their camp and become Wasteland Water Farmers who don't really have to do anything for caps.
    Capped in what way? Amount you can generate per hour?

Even just one single industrial purifier is supposedly one per minute, and I had legit 1/10th that rate of production across all of them combined.

Capped in what way? Amount you can generate per hour?

Even just one single industrial purifier is supposedly one per minute, and I had legit 1/10th that rate of production across all of them combined.
    I'd say it's capped like in your character can only produce 1 water every 5-10 minutes. I haven't exactly timed it. Idk why it says 60 water per hour, I have no idea what that has to do with anything it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I got an Anti-Armor Shovel. I'm keeping it purely because of the sound it makes when you whang someone over the head.
    I have fond memories of the shovel in Point lookout that had the nasty DOT. I assume it was the same sound lol.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I assume it was the same sound
    It's close. Bit more of a bell/gong resonation. Damage is complete garbage and (best of my knowledge) shovels can't be upgrades, so it really is a joke weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's close. Bit more of a bell/gong resonation. Damage is complete garbage and (best of my knowledge) shovels can't be upgrades, so it really is a joke weapon.
    Somehow the damage being garbage is just an enhancement.

>.>
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account

Adding more purifiers doesn't increase production, it increases storage. Your first purifier will fill up first, then the next, and so on. It's weird enough that I assume it's a deliberate design choice.

That said, I doubt you'd need more. I don't visit my camp and restock super-regularly, and I've got Speed Demon which doubles hunger/thirst rates and Class Freak doesn't mitigate that. I have only the one industrial purifier. That thing's always capped when I get back to base (5 water), and between that and looting/events, I sell off purified water by the dozen as it is. The only real reason you'd want more is to farm it to sell it for caps, to vendors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I saw you at my Camp yesterday Endus. Thought that was kinda fun - seeing someone you actually know the name of just randomly show up.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Pretty sure I saw you at my Camp yesterday Endus. Thought that was kinda fun - seeing someone you actually know the name of just randomly show up.
    Quite possible; since the game sticks you with your Bethesda login and you can't change the goddamned thing, I used one of my "FINE, here's a bunch of numbers after what I want" login names, so if you see Endus1000 at your camp, that's me.

And if you've got armor or weapons on your vendor, you'll probably see me at your camp if I hit that server. Endus needs better than one-star weapons and needs new armor because I tried Weightless and holy balls the Chameleon mutation is annoying me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Quite possible; since the game sticks you with your Bethesda login and you can't change the goddamned thing, I used one of my "FINE, here's a bunch of numbers after what I want" login names, so if you see Endus1000 at your camp, that's me.

And if you've got armor or weapons on your vendor, you'll probably see me at your camp if I hit that server. Endus needs better than one-star weapons and needs new armor because I tried Weightless and holy balls the Chameleon mutation is annoying me.
    Chameleon is horrible. I'm an entirely power armor user, addicted to the carry weight, but I wanted something to hide me if I was creeping at my camp. Holy hell batman - is that the worst most annoying thing ever. Soon as I find another decently priced marsupial serum I'm showering my mutations away and going back to my level 10 chameleon leather leg. Least that only makes the damn noise once when crouching.

I know your a rifleman but you run manual or vats?
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Chameleon is horrible. I'm an entirely power armor user, addicted to the carry weight, but I wanted something to hide me if I was creeping at my camp. Holy hell batman - is that the worst most annoying thing ever. Soon as I find another decently priced marsupial serum I'm showering my mutations away and going back to my level 10 chameleon leather leg. Least that only makes the damn noise once when crouching.

I know your a rifleman but you run manual or vats?
    I spec manual but use VATS for convenience like 80% of the time. It's just easier to hit q and headshot the next super mutant as I'm sliding through West Tek than it is to slow down and line up a proper shot. I'd invest in more Luck but I don't have room in my build; I may trim down from 8 Intelligence to 5 (for Gunsmith) and trim out some more Strength (I think I'm still at 7 or 8) now that I've got a backpack, but I want to get a few of these Possum badges finished before shifting the Intelligence (the hacking ones in particular; running with all three hacking mods just until I punch that out).

I should probably purge my mutations and serum up sometime myself. I did it "the hard way", so i've got stuff like Chameleon that I don't really need at all.

If anyone's wondering WHY I hate the Chameleon mutation (not the legendary mod), the mutation doesn't have a sound effect (good for PvP, but I don't PvP) but there's a MUCH more visible screen effect when it triggers, that washes everything out to monochrome for a sec. And it will de-trigger every time you move, and re-trigger every time you stop moving for a half-second, as long as your gun is out (putting the gun away turns the feature off). This is true whether you're crouching or not, unlike the legendary mod, which only works when crouching, and doesn't have a screen effect other than the see-through model. The in-game function of the mutation is great, and it's probably amazing in PvP because of the lack of sound effect, but it drives me batty when I'm playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I've got to level 10 and meh... is there any news on the private servers though?
    I haven't heard anything.

I'm pretty ready for a reason to play this game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got a legendary weapon I can actually use and its not half bad

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got a legendary weapon I can actually use and its not half bad
    I know Bloodied is OP. I know it stacks with Unyielding armor in glorious ways (since both require low health).

I just can't make myself run around with 25% health and the rest irradiated. It hurts me in my soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I know Bloodied is OP. I know it stacks with Unyielding armor in glorious ways (since both require low health).

I just can't make myself run around with 25% health and the rest irradiated. It hurts me in my soul.
    yep, I'm the type of guy who literally cannot stand not being health capped, even if its 99.9% capacity, like 20 HP missing of 30000 and i still want to top it off.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    "Mutants Exploding the Dragon" is not just my new favorite weapon, but my new heavy metal band name.