Page 1 of 283
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Fallout 76

Official videos:
    Fallout 76 – Welcome to West Virginia Gameplay Video (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – You Will Emerge! Introduction to Multiplayer Gameplay Video (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – A New American Dream! An Intro to C.A.M.P. Gameplay Video (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – The Power of the Atom! Intro to Nukes Gameplay Video (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Being a Better You! Perks Video (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Let’s Work with Others! Multiplayer Video (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Laying the Cornerstones! Crafting and Building Video (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Atomics for Peace! Nukes Video (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Tales from The West Virginia Hills: The Mothman Cometh! (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Tales from The West Virginia Hills: Sideshow Snallygaster (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Tales from The West Virginia Hills: Curse of the Wendigo! (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Tales from The West Virginia Hills: Who Goes There? The Strange Encounter In Flatwoods (YouTube)
    Fallout 76 – Tales from The West Virginia Hills: The Beast of Grafton (YouTube)

Official forums:
    Bethesda.net Fallout 76 General Discussion
    Bethesda.net Fallout 76 Support forum for PC
    Bethesda.net Fallout 76 Support forum for Xbox One
    Bethesda.net Fallout 76 Support forum for PS4

Useful links:
    https://fallout.bethesda.net/
    https://fallout.bethesda.net/faq
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_76
    https://twitter.com/Fallout
    https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BethesdaSoftworks/videos
    https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
    Vault 76 Handbook: Be a Team Player
    Vault 76 Handbook: Communication Is Key!
    Vault 76 Handbook: Dealing With Aggressive Survivors
    Vault 76 Handbook: Appalachia's Most Wanted
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/
    https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks (Character Build Planner)
    https://fo76map.com/ (Fallout 76 Interactive Map)
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-11-24 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until June 10 we won't know anything for sure?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Until June 10 we won't know anything for sure?
    This. There isn't any room for any discussion until the full announcement. All we can do is speculate but that doesn't serve any purpose.

My first thought on this though was, what keeps Bethesda games afloat after the first ~year? The modding community. Mods aside, they release unofficial patches that fix all the shit that Beth won't fix. Or worse, Beth steals the modder's work to implement in their own official patch. So, if this game is an online game, that most likely means no modding (unless as people have speculated, it'll be like Ark, etc), so what is going to keep this game afloat? Bethesda releases their games in beta states as it is, meaning without the community to fix it, this game will flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Not sure where all these online multiplayer rumors are coming from. Unless you guys think Bethesda was dumb enough to make this video and release it while they were still literally producing this new Fallout knowing there would be an online multiplayer component.

Edit: Guess they were dumb enough.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2018-06-11 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Not sure where all these online multiplayer rumors are coming from. Unless you guys think Bethesda was dumb enough to make this video and release it while they were still literally producing this new Fallout knowing there would be an online multiplayer component.

LMAO that was awesome. Lynda Carter rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    had someone at work tell me they were excited for the new fallout battle royal. i proceeded to facepalm out the door.

Man if true they are going to piss off so many people.

Fallout 76 rumored to be an online survival game
    https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-r...ffer-pcgamertw
    Anonymous sources say the new Fallout will not be like the old Fallouts.
    Bethesda unveiled Fallout 76 earlier today with a teaser confirming that, yes, this is a videogame that is being made. The teaser starts off in what's become fairly routine for Fallout, with a close-up of a radio that slowly pulls back as music plays to reveal the game world. But even though the formula is the same, important elements are different: The song, Country Roads, is much newer than tracks used in previous trailers (the original was released in 1971) and the setting looks relatively intact, and even normal.

According to three sources who spoke anonymously to Kotaku, the game itself will be different from previous Fallout games too. Instead of a single-player RPG/shooter, the sources said it will be an online survival game in the vein of Rust and DayZ. There will be a storyline and quests, but the focus will be on base building, similar to what was seen in Fallout 4 (which, by the way, I found terribly tedious), and other survival and multiplayer mechanics. It was originally envisioned as a multiplayer Fallout 4, according to the report, but has evolved since then into something distinct.

The trailer itself suggests that Fallout 76 will have a certain element of post-nuclear Sim City to it. At one point, the radio announcer says, "When the fighting has stopped and the fallout has settled, you must rebuild." Vault 76 has also been referenced previously in Fallout 3 and 4 as a "control vault" that was intended to serve as a comparative baseline for experimental vaults—and, more significantly, that was intended to open just 20 years after the war.
    That would put Fallout 76 in 2097, 150 years prior to Fallout 3 and nearly 200 years before New Vegas and Fallout 4. That doesn't actually appear to be the case: The Pip-Boy seen in the video indicates that the date is October 17, 2102. Even so, that's awfully close to the mark, and close enough to the Great War that the world will almost certainly be an even bigger dump than it is in the previous games, which will really be something to see. (Coincidence or not, 2102 is also the year that Richard Grey becomes the Master, takes over Mariposa, and begins the FEV experiments that culminate in the creation of Super Mutants.)

With all due respect to Kotaku's sources (which, to be fair, are usually pretty reliable), all of this is entirely unofficial and unconfirmed, so you should take it as such. In any event, we'll find out what's really cooking soon enough: Bethesda said it will show off more of the game during its pre-E3 press event, scheduled to start at 6:30 pm PT on June 10.
    Honestly it wouldn't surprise me seeing how Fallout 4 already has the building system they can use.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The soccer field is unusual for america and when the teaser ended, the bethesda guy blowing the party horn was wearing a german soccer jersey.
    Could it be possible that Fallout 76 is playing in germany somehow? As a german, i like the idea - but probably reading to much into it.

Deleted
    Multiplayer RPG inspired by DayZ, Rust and Ark with co-op and base building?

Heh, Beth ramming Fallout franchise right into the ground.

Why not just rename the other thread?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Why not just rename the other thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    @Edge

We need a title change to Fallout: 76 Megathread
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Already asked the mods to edit this one
    Efforts were made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really hope it will come in early access on steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... My hyped went from over 9000 to -a billion, the moment the phrase "Survival Game" was mentioned...

REALLY hope these rumours prove to be at least partially wrong.

#SavePlayer1
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really hope it will come in early access on steam.
    Bethesda will never release in early access. And they'll probably use their own launcher like for TESL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Bethesda will never release in early access. And they'll probably use their own launcher like for TESL.
    Then the game will never reach its true potential without 4th horseman of apocalypse. Rushed, horribly bugged and barely playable early access is must have for open world, multiplayer survival game with crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm down, I do enjoy ARK and those type of games myself. The idea of a true triple A one is pretty cool, even if I'm not super invested in the Fallout series as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    If multiplayer RPG means optional co-op then I'm down.
    Anything survival or battle royal related will not make me their customer.

Bethesda = No reason to be hyped.

So help me god, if this is some kind of Fallout Battle Royale..... uhg....

No offense, but if it doesn't have a singleplayer version where you can run around on your own, being either a good or evil person(or whatever else in-between), then it's not fallout. It's something else. Don't call it Fallout, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So help me god, if this is some kind of Fallout Battle Royale..... uhg....

No offense, but if it doesn't have a singleplayer version where you can run around on your own, being either a good or evil person(or whatever else in-between), then it's not fallout. It's something else. Don't call it Fallout, though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went all out fortnite route and just have multiple game modes.